Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:49:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286823 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CHRIST OR the devil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CHRIST OR the devil  (Read 20765 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2005, 01:14:36 AM »

I could be wrong, but I think the question Reba is asking is, if a gentile marries a Jew, (known as His people, Israel), and  bears children, then those children would be half gentile and half Jew.  God made a promise to the Jews that ALL Israel (Jews) would be saved.  Since these children are half gentile and half Jewish, is God's promise to save ALL Jews applicable to them, considering?

Cris ,
 i have a memory way back in my empty head that says  to be a Jew ones mother must be Jewish. This teaching is a devaluing of the Cross I must becarefull or i will get 'in trouble' here at CU. This teaching in my view disreguards so much of the Word of God as pinned by Paul.  

I personaly believe in the unity of the Church. Christ has one body  these verses say it better than i...

Eph 2:19-3:1

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

KJV
 To me this unity includes OT saints and NT staints.

Reba,

I now think I'm confused. Grin

Are you saying if your mother were Jewish, it doesn't matter whether you're considered a Jew or not?

cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2005, 01:22:21 AM »

I could be wrong, but I think the question Reba is asking is, if a gentile marries a Jew, (known as His people, Israel), and  bears children, then those children would be half gentile and half Jew.  God made a promise to the Jews that ALL Israel (Jews) would be saved.  Since these children are half gentile and half Jewish, is God's promise to save ALL Jews applicable to them, considering?

Cris ,
 i have a memory way back in my empty head that says  to be a Jew ones mother must be Jewish. This teaching is a devaluing of the Cross I must becarefull or i will get 'in trouble' here at CU. This teaching in my view disreguards so much of the Word of God as pinned by Paul.  

I personaly believe in the unity of the Church. Christ has one body  these verses say it better than i...

Eph 2:19-3:1

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

KJV
 To me this unity includes OT saints and NT staints.

Reba,

I now think I'm confused. Grin

Are you saying if your mother were Jewish, it doesn't matter whether you're considered a Jew or not?

cris

Reba,

Question #2

If this teaching about a Jewish mother and child is true, how is it devaluing the Cross?

I'm falling asleep-------it's 1:30 on the east coast and midwest. zzzzzzzzzzzzz  Grin

Grace and peace,
cris

Reba
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2005, 01:26:34 AM »

Reba,

I now think I'm confused.

cris
My understanding is, to be a Jew ones mother must be Jewish.

In my view we are saved by the Blood of Jesus. His sacrifice on the Cross. Our natural birth doesnt matter. Israelie, Scott Afircan, USA,  a  bunch of others i also cant spell! Natural birth is not unto salvation our rebirth is...

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
KJV

I may have confusied many while trying to point out the absurdity of the doctrine of Jewish Nationalism taken to the extrem as posted here. We are saved by the blood of Christ not by the blood of our natural parents.
Reba
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2005, 10:05:21 AM »

Cris,

My lack of good grammar is what is confusing.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2005, 01:10:12 PM »

Anyone that believes God has rejected His covenant people, the Jewish people, is wrong.

Of His Covenant people, the physical descendants of Abraham, God promised, "I will bless them that bless you and curse him that curses you" (Gen. 12:3).

Jeremiah 31,35-37 says, "This is what the Lord says, He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and the stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar - the Lord Almighty is His Name: 'Only if these decrees vanish from My sight,' declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.' This is what the Lord says: 'Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel, because of all they have done,' declares the Lord."

His covenant promises between the land and His people Israel were everlasting and unconditional. Their quality of life in the land was most certainly conditional on their behavior, but not the ownership, which He gave to them as an everlasting possession. Before Messiah Yeshua came, God protected and defended them because they were the human channel for the Messiah, the savior of the world. Since His ascension, He has protected them and kept them as a people in the nations to which they were scattered so that He could bring them back to the land of Israel in fulfillment of Bible prophecy (Isa. 11:11-12; Eze. 36; Isa. 49, etc.) to witness the coming of Messiah, their Triumphal King. Christians see this as being the Second Coming of Yeshua.

The Apostle Paul described the position of Gentile believers, when he wrote, "Remember, that you Gentiles ... were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Yeshua you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ" (Ephesians 2:11-13). Without Christ, we had nothing and would be off worshipping totem poles, were it not for the Jewish people who gave us God's Word and brought salvation to the world as promised to Abraham (Gen. 12:3). Yet, we Gentiles have spent most of the past 2,000 years rejecting the Jews. In Rom. 11:17-24, Paul warned the Gentile Church that pride against the Jews was a danger: "If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you... Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either."

Paul also raised the question "...God has not rejected His people has He? May it never be!" (Romans 11:1). In Romans 15:27, Paul concludes, "For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings."

Sadly, a lot of us Christians don't accept the call of the Apostle to embrace a position of being grafted into the covenants and promises of Israel and being brought near by the blood of Christ.

My friends it's time to take a stand on behalf of the Jewish people and Israel, a role we are called upon to fulfill, according to the writers of the New Testament. It is God's intention to bring both Jew and Gentile together as "one new man" when He destroys the "middle wall of partition" that has separated us for the past 2,000 years (Eph. 2:11-18). I believe this time is coming very soon, and it is time to make the change and prepare ourselves for this new relationship that will bring us together to worship the Lord God of Israel together in spirit and in truth.

Bronzesnake

Bronzesnake
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2005, 03:05:21 PM »

Anyone that believes God has rejected His covenant people, the Jewish people, is wrong.

My friends it's time to take a stand on behalf of the Jewish people and Israel, a role we are called upon to fulfill, according to the writers of the New Testament. It is God's intention to bring both Jew and Gentile together as "one new man" when He destroys the "middle wall of partition" that has separated us for the past 2,000 years (Eph. 2:11-18). I believe this time is coming very soon, and it is time to make the change and prepare ourselves for this new relationship that will bring us together to worship the Lord God of Israel together in spirit and in truth.

Bronzesnake

AMEN BRONZESNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO     HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Amen my friend!

I know how difficult it can be for us to consider that a people who fundamentally reject Jesus as God, will one day be saved...by Jesus! I agree that no one not even the Jews, can be saved without Jesus. It is Jesus who will save ALL Jews. So, I'm not negating the blood of Him as some believe. The scriptures tell us that it is Jesus who will forgive and save ALL Jews...

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:  
How can we disregard the scriptures?

I used to believe the Jews were doomed to the Lake of Fire also, but I found all these Old and New Testament scriptures where God made an EVERLASTING promise to ALL Jews. Once I studied these scriptures without any preconceptions, I had to concede that God is the Almighty & Everlasting Truth - All things are possible through Him - All His promises will be completed - whether I understood them or not - whether we like it or not.

Bronzesnake
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2005, 03:23:35 PM »

Of His Covenant people, the physical descendants of Abraham, God promised, "I will bless them that bless you and curse him that curses you" (Gen. 12:3).

Jeremiah 31,35-37 says, "This is what the Lord says, He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and the stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar - the Lord Almighty is His Name: 'Only if these decrees vanish from My sight,' declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.' This is what the Lord says: 'Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel, because of all they have done,' declares the Lord."

His covenant promises between the land and His people Israel were everlasting and unconditional. Their quality of life in the land was most certainly conditional on their behavior, but not the ownership, which He gave to them as an everlasting possession. Before Messiah Yeshua came, God protected and defended them because they were the human channel for the Messiah, the savior of the world. Since His ascension, He has protected them and kept them as a people in the nations to which they were scattered so that He could bring them back to the land of Israel in fulfillment of Bible prophecy (Isa. 11:11-12; Eze. 36; Isa. 49, etc.) to witness the coming of Messiah, their Triumphal King. Christians see this as being the Second Coming of Yeshua.

The Apostle Paul described the position of Gentile believers, when he wrote, "Remember, that you Gentiles ... were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Yeshua you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ" (Ephesians 2:11-13). Without Christ, we had nothing and would be off worshipping totem poles, were it not for the Jewish people who gave us God's Word and brought salvation to the world as promised to Abraham (Gen. 12:3). Yet, we Gentiles have spent most of the past 2,000 years rejecting the Jews. In Rom. 11:17-24, Paul warned the Gentile Church that pride against the Jews was a danger: "If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you... Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either."

Paul also raised the question "...God has not rejected His people has He? May it never be!" (Romans 11:1). In Romans 15:27, Paul concludes, "For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings."

Sadly, a lot of us Christians don't accept the call of the Apostle to embrace a position of being grafted into the covenants and promises of Israel and being brought near by the blood of Christ.

Bronzesnake

All things are possible through Him - All His promises will be completed - whether I understood them or not - whether we like it or not.

Amen Bronzesnake!

I pity the fools that go up against them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2005, 03:32:39 PM »

Pastor Roger...
I pity the fools that go up against them

Amen my brother!
All one has to do is read what becomes of the enemy armies attacking the Jews in Revelation - not to mention scores of other references from the Old Testament of what becomes of the enemies of God's chosen people. You nailed it on the head...I also pity the fools!

Bronzesnake

Reba
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »

It is not a curse to say the gospel should be preached to the Isrealies. Nor is it a curse to say they need a saviour.

I dont know anyone who believes God has rejected His own.

I would very much like to make a point here... I hope my poor writing skils dont make a miss of this....

I wish everyone who has read my post to this point to understand my view of the nation of Israel today... As an American  i fully believe we should help protect Israel herself. We should stand with her as we did with Kewait(sp).Why should she give back land that she uses to protect herself with that she gained when she was attacted? So you  should have gotten the idea that my spiritaul view and political view are not the same. Spiritaully we have the same  salvation to me it is as simple as that.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2005, 02:09:07 AM »

It is not a curse to say the gospel should be preached to the Isrealies. Nor is it a curse to say they need a saviour.

I dont know anyone who believes God has rejected His own.

I would very much like to make a point here... I hope my poor writing skils dont make a miss of this....

I wish everyone who has read my post to this point to understand my view of the nation of Israel today... As an American  i fully believe we should help protect Israel herself. We should stand with her as we did with Kewait(sp).Why should she give back land that she uses to protect herself with that she gained when she was attacted? So you  should have gotten the idea that my spiritaul view and political view are not the same. Spiritaully we have the same  salvation to me it is as simple as that.

You are right about Israel protecting herself Reeba - and you are also right that we all have the same spiritual salvation....It's through Jesus.

Of course the Gospel should be preached to the Jews Reeba. There are many Jews who are Christians, and we know the very first Christians were Jews. The Jewish Christians will be Raptured along with the Gentile Christians - the others (speaking of the Jews specifically) will go through the final seven year Tribulation, and as a result of all the New Testament prophecies which they will witness coming to pass, they will realize that Jesus was and is the Christ which they had rejected. That's when they will finally understand who Jesus was, and is - that's when the 144,000 Jews (twelve thousand from each tribe) will be miraculously protected by God's seal, so they can minister to all the unsaved Jews and Gentiles during the Great Tribulation.
 This is the whole purpose for God's Wrath of seven years upon Israel - It's not simply God wanting to torture people for no reason, it's so that they will know He is God, and as a result, they will be saved.

Many times in the Bible, God punishes people so they will know He is God.

Eze 6:14 So will I stretch out my hand upon them, and make the land desolate, yea, more desolate than the wilderness toward Diblath, in all their habitations: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 7:27 The king shall mourn, and the prince shall be clothed with desolation, and the hands of the people of the land shall be troubled: I will do unto them after their way, and according to their deserts will I judge them; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 12:16 But I will leave a few men of them from the sword, from the famine, and from the pestilence; that they may declare all their abominations among the heathen whither they come; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 15:7 And I will set my face against them; they shall go out from [one] fire, and [another] fire shall devour them; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I set my face against them.

Eze 20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 25:11 And I will execute judgments upon Moab; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 25:17 And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Eze 28:22 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against thee, O Zidon; and I will be glorified in the midst of thee: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall have executed judgments in her, and shall be sanctified in her.

Eze 28:23 For I will send into her pestilence, and blood into her streets; and the wounded shall be judged in the midst of her by the sword upon her on every side; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 29:21
In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 30:19 Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 30:25 But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt.

Eze 30:26 And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 35:15 As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, [even] all of it: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 36:11 And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better [unto you] than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Eze 39:6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Bronzesnake
Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2005, 06:58:12 AM »

I stepped back for a few by order of my husband.
Now I am coming back with an amen.
Bronze it's about what you said.
Quote "There are many Jews who are Christians, and we know the very first Christians were Jews. The Jewish Christians will be Raptured along with the Gentile Christians - the others (speaking of the Jews specifically) will go through the final seven year Tribulation, and as a result of all the New Testament prophecies which they will witness coming to pass, they will realize that Jesus was and is the Christ which they had rejected."

Do you know that I totally agree with this statement, because this is what I've also read in HIS Word. But notice how you speak of the future. The rapture we may or may not see. For we have no date when GOD is gonna start HIS bringing down the house. So I asked about the jews that are not Christians that are born into judaism and die in judaism right now before the rapture and I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong (u like that)  ) you said that when Christ comes back they shall rise from their graves? I know the scripture but I can't remember the address. It says "The dead in CHRIST shall rise" If this is what you are talking about I have to say you are wrong about the non Christian  jews being risen. Because only the dead in Christ shall rise. Now if their is another scripture please open my eyes to it so that I may study.

In Love as always

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
Bronzesnake
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2005, 10:33:46 AM »

Mrs Chosen quote...

Do you know that I totally agree with this statement, because this is what I've also read in HIS Word. But notice how you speak of the future. The rapture we may or may not see. For we have no date when GOD is gonna start HIS bringing down the house. So I asked about the jews that are not Christians that are born into judaism and die in judaism right now before the rapture and I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong (u like that)  ) you said that when Christ comes back they shall rise from their graves? I know the scripture but I can't remember the address. It says "The dead in CHRIST shall rise" If this is what you are talking about I have to say you are wrong about the non Christian  jews being risen. Because only the dead in Christ shall rise. Now if their is another scripture please open my eyes to it so that I may study.

OK, right off the top...I have posted many scriptures which have God emphatically, unequivocally stating and even restating that the Jews will never be rejected, and that the Jews will ALL be forgiven and saved. I even tried to present God's final plan (Tribulation) in which He completes His task and fulfills His promises.

Mrs Chosen - Lisa - my sister - you rejected all those scriptures and supplanted them with your own ideas of what God will or will not do.

I've been a poster on this forum for years, and after that length of time, you get a pretty good idea of when it's time to call it a day with certain posters. I've seen debates go too far, and things inevitably get ugly. I do not wish that to happen between you and I my sister. Already, you have fired a couple of shots across my bow, such as when you said I was going to disagree with everything you posted - In other words - you accuse me of not seeking after the Truth, but instead, you see me as an enemy who wishes to exclusively take the opposite opinion to your own. That's not who I am, and not what I'm all about.

I disagree with people sometimes, and other times I agree with them - sounds about normal to me. There have been times when I have come to realize I have been wrong in my Biblical beliefs on any given doctrine, and I have openly stated so, such as this topic. I used to believe the "un saved" Jews were condemned to the Lake of Fire, but then I was shown scriptures which made it obvious to me that it simply wasn't true.

My measuring stick in regards to the Bible is - I take what God says at face value. I don't "spiritualize" God's Word. If God says Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Then I believe " The Deliverer (JESUS) shall come out of Sion and wipe out all sin from the Jews, then I believe Him.

When God says emphatically makes a statement such as ...Jeremiah 31,35-37 says, "This is what the Lord says, He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and the stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar - the Lord Almighty is His Name: 'Only if these decrees vanish from My sight,' declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.' This is what the Lord says: 'Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel, because of all they have done,' declares the Lord."

Then I emphatically believe Him.

When God says...Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.  

I trust Him to keep His promise.

When God says...Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.  

The it shall be done!

I think that instead of repeatedly questioning what happens to the Jews who die who are non Christian...yada, yada, yada. You should be questioning your ability to trust God to do what He says He will do.

Do you believe that God is limited in His power? Do you believe that, just because we may not understand how He works - that lack of understanding on our part somehow limits God's ability to keep His promises?

God's Will shall be done Lisa.

That's all I can offer you on this topic my friend. If you don't believe ALL scripture, then you should seriously consider whether the scriptures which you choose to believe are just as invalid as the scriptures you choose to reject. It's seems to me that you doubt some of His Word. The scriptures which I posted are a perfect example - another is your uncertainty of whether the Rapture will happen or not - I'll quote you on this...(The rapture we may or may not see). God says it will happen and all Christians will "see it"- why don't you unconditionally trust Him Lisa?

Bronzesnake
Reba
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2005, 11:02:36 AM »

Isn't  "Gentile Christian" an oxymoron

Strongs for the word 'gentiles' which i find 129 times ( please note the spelling) To many verses to list....
gôy  gôy
go'ee, go'-ee
Apparently from the same root as H1465 (in the sense of massing); a foreign nation; hence a Gentile; also (figuratively) a troop of animals, or a flight of locusts: - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.

Strongs for the word 'Gentile' which i find 2 times ( please note the spelling)  Rom 2: 9,10

G1672
Ἕλλην
Hellēn
hel'-lane
From G1671; a Hellen (Grecian) or inhabitant of Hellas; by extension a Greek speaking person, especially a non-Jew: - Gentile, Greek.

Gal 3:27-29

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

Col 3:10-11

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
KJV

Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV
Bronzesnake
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2005, 11:39:00 AM »

Hello Reeba.

Yes, I suppose it is an oxymoron of sorts, but we understand what is being conveyed - such as - Hell's Angels - Jumbo Shrimp - Pretty Ugly - Unbiased Opinion - Living Dead - Microsoft Works - Open Secret - Larger Half - Clearly Confused - Act naturally - Alone Together - Found Missing - Free Trade _ Peacekeeper Missiles etc.  Cheesy

The verses you posted reinforce the fact that God makes Jews and saved Christians equal. We are grafted into the original promise to the Jews, and therefore we receive the same inheritance - we are equal - We become "a new man".

How could Christians become equal with the Jews if the Jews are condemned to the Lake of Fire?

Bronzesnake
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2005, 03:48:29 PM »

Bronzesnake,

Brother, I have studied bible prophecy for many years, but that does not imply that I understand all of it. The easiest parts to understand and accept are the Promises of Almighty God. A promise made thousands of years ago will be a promise kept completely and perfectly. I simply consider the Promises of Almighty God to be done at His appointed time.

Israel's greatest suffering is yet to come. When one considers the great suffering just in the last 100 years, it's difficult to understand how much greater suffering and punishment is yet to come. Israel's disobedience did not go unpunished. HOWEVER, every Promise Almighty God made to Israel will be kept most completely and perfectly. Israel's greatest punishment is yet to come, but so is the restoration of Israel. The greatest battles of all times will be against Israel, and JESUS will fight on the side of Israel. Israel will win because of JESUS, not because of the might and power of Israel, rather because of the MIGHT AND POWER OF JESUS. Israel's King, JESUS CHRIST, will take HIS earthly throne in Jerusalem and rule and reign over the earth from the Throne of David. The Heavenly Throne and Earthly Throne of JESUS CHRIST are two different Thrones. No Christian doubts the absolute reality of JESUS CHRIST'S HEAVENLY THRONE, but many are confused about HIS Earthly Throne that will also be absolute reality. JESUS CHRIST is the KING OF ISRAEL and HE will TAKE HIS THRONE just as surely as HE sits on a HEAVENLY THRONE.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:16-17  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days; which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [substance] is of Christ.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the