Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lets see.........Seahawks or Steelers?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lets see.........Seahawks or Steelers?  (Read 15189 times)
Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2006, 11:22:16 PM »

Oh well, as they say, there's always next year.  At least the 'Hawks got off the "Never Been To The Superbowl" list.     Cry

In His Service,
Bob Allen
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2006, 11:35:49 PM »

Oh well, as they say, there's always next year.  At least the 'Hawks got off the "Never Been To The Superbowl" list.     Cry
YUP! Grin

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2006, 11:40:09 PM »

I watch the Nascar but primarily the pits. I have been trying to locate a guy that I was with in Desert Storm that worked the pits. I can't remember which car he was with though.

Where is the guy from?... and any other info could be helpful. I can put the word out to those who love Nascar that I know, maybe they might know something.

Oh well, as they say, there's always next year.  At least the 'Hawks got off the "Never Been To The Superbowl" list.     Cry

I don't think the Arizona Cards will ever get off the list as long as they have the same personnel in the front office. Rub it in there Bob Grin

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2006, 11:42:28 PM »

Were way off topic now for sure. Grin
How much land do you have to plant corn on?
Stock and Funny Cars are the best, racing around on a small dirt track.
I have 10 acres here, my garden is only 1/2 acre. I only plant enought for me,  1 roll. Tomatoes, and sweet taters, peas, lima beans, and pinto beans, I also plant. I use to have horses, that would graze on the other 9 acres. I would also ride them.. Cry

Do you think its right up there with the Peyton Manning's DeCaf commercial Wink
I think the Hobo races were the best................ Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2006, 11:43:48 PM »

Where is the guy from?... and any other info could be helpful. I can put the word out to those who love Nascar that I know, maybe they might know something.

I don't think the Arizona Cards will ever get off the list as long as they have the same personnel in the front office. Rub it in there Bob Grin
Just rub it in both of y'all. As I live in Arizona............. Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2006, 11:48:33 PM »

If I remember right he said he lived near the Indy 500. He was in the Navy Reserves. Unfortunately I can't even remember his name. We were stationed together in Bahrain with a 500 bed hospital unit and he worked in a different part of the command so I only saw him twice in the three months we were there. Not much to go on but I do remember what he looks like.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2006, 11:51:27 PM »

Just 3 and a half hrs from Indy.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2006, 11:54:03 PM »

If I remember right he said he lived near the Indy 500. He was in the Navy Reserves. Unfortunately I can't even remember his name. We were stationed together in Bahrain with a 500 bed hospital unit and he worked in a different part of the command so I only saw him twice in the three months we were there. Not much to go on but I do remember what he looks like.
What ship, was he assigned with? That can narrow the search. From what I have founf out, the U.S.S. Charles F. Adams had a few crew members, from Indiana.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2006, 11:57:05 PM »

I think the Hobo races were the best................ Grin

What does radio controlled cars optimized for performance and commercials have in common? I don't get it Huh Oh, I get it now...you would rather watch Hobo racing over Nascar. Grin

Showlow for you and Phoenix for me Cheesy Grin Grin

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2006, 12:03:18 AM »

What does radio controlled cars optimized for performance and commercials have in common? I don't get it Huh Oh, I get it now...you would rather watch Hobo racing over Nascar. Grin

Showlow for you and Phoenix for me Cheesy Grin Grin
I forgot you were in Phoenix. Sad  I'm forgetting to much in my old age. Cry

Well, the Hobo racing, helped give me my fix for racing, least till next week. When the Bud Shoot out starts, at Daytona!  Grin  Grin

Go Mikey!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2006, 12:10:10 AM »

What ship, was he assigned with? That can narrow the search. From what I have founf out, the U.S.S. Charles F. Adams had a few crew members, from Indiana.

Not assigned to a ship. As I said we were both assigned to a 500 bed hospital unit in Bahrain. The proper title for it was "Fleet Hospital Unit 6, ASU Bahrain". We were on shore there with a very large group of people. The hospital itself was actually one very big tent that was set up in the middle of a British oil compound.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2006, 12:13:03 AM »

Actually I would rather be driving in the Hobo class than watching Nascar. Since I can't handle the physical strain of that anymore I'll settle for watching Nascar.   Grin Grin

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2006, 12:17:42 AM »

Well it was a good game, and I was right!!!  One of those teams won the SB!   I was sort of pulling for SH's but I guess it wasn't their day.   There did appear to be a few questionable calls in there though.  I'm still not convinced the Rothlessburger<sp> TD was a sure thing....looked to me the ball never crossed the plane.   Also not sure about that call where Seahwaks WR caught the ball and kicked the pylon with his second foot on the way of bounds (think it was something about the ball not crossing the plane?....but those things matter not now of course.   Got some good penalty flag throws at the TV with ummm my frustration penalty flag thingy...heh.    Still enjoyed the game though....good win Steelers fans!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2006, 12:23:28 AM »

Actually I would rather be driving in the Hobo class than watching Nascar. Since I can't handle the physical strain of that anymore I'll settle for watching Nascar.   Grin Grin

You and me both, as I use to drive a stock car.  Cry

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2006, 12:42:33 AM »

You and me both, as I use to drive a stock car.  Cry

I was the owner/driver of a Hobo class car in 1990/1991 and half of the 1991/1992 season. We had so many wins that in order to finish the season we would have had to bump up to the next class and we couldn't get the car spruced up for that class. After that many other things changed for me leadin me off into another direction.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the