Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:39:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lets see.........Seahawks or Steelers?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lets see.........Seahawks or Steelers?  (Read 15196 times)
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2006, 12:56:34 AM »

Im a die hard Seattlite. Nobody messes w/ my city! therefore yeah Im a Hawks fan too. But either way if we dont win the super bowl trophy hey at least we FINALLY made it to the super bowl. Cheesy
Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 04:04:17 AM »

I'll take the 'Hawks by two TDs over the Steelers.  GOOOOOO Seahawks!!!

Bob Allen
Kent, WA

In His Service,
Bob Allen
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 10:50:07 PM »

Seahawks

by 5 points.

LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:33:23 AM »

This year was a good one for the Hawks, I mean this is the best we've every been. Did ya'll hear about the Sonics possibly might get sold? that kinda upset me personally.
Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 02:44:47 AM »

This year was a good one for the Hawks, I mean this is the best we've every been. Did ya'll hear about the Sonics possibly might get sold? that kinda upset me personally.

I'm not a basketball fan so it doesn't particularly bother me about the Sonics.  But I've been a 'Hawks fan since day one and really look forward to their dropping the Steelers.

In His Service,
Bob Allen
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 03:00:37 AM »

I'm not a basketball fan so it doesn't particularly bother me about the Sonics.  But I've been a 'Hawks fan since day one and really look forward to their dropping the Steelers.

Im actually quit the opposite, I been a Sonics fan since I was little. Football has kinda been like my 3rd sport, but now that Im actually getting the game (yeah Im a girl) Im actually likeing it. I havent seen much of the Hawks games this past season but that dont mean that I dont listen in on the reports and all that. We've been on the "losing streak" for too long and its awesome to hear that they've gone this far and for the first time too. About the Sonics situation, I still got my hopes high for those guys as well and would love to see them win the NBA championship some day too. But right now, Im going to watch the Super bowl at my church, we are planning to drown the Rickshaws bar (a.k.a. "thorn in the flesh") thats located right next door to my church. Lol yeah so I can't wait to scream LOUD and root for my team and all that.

Its so funny because when I saw the last game when we beat the Panthers, I was watching it w/ my Pastor's family at their home, its really funny to see an LA guy rooting for Seattle he's not even from here. But I asked him why he roots for Seattle and he said that LA does not even have a football team. So we were watching the last game and he was like, "Man we got FREAKS instead of fans" he's never heard such extreme shouting and all that at any kind of game like over here w/ the Seahawks. Oh not to mention (to any Panther fans please dont take this personal.) Have you seen the pictures in the last paper the day after we won the NFC championship game? There was one of Jake Delhome (sp?)  in the Sports page that was pretty hilarious.  Thought I might mention that. 
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 11:45:38 AM »

Seahawks had a great year, no doubt.  But the Steelers have a bigger reason to win: Bettis.  That dawg has brought them through quite a few games.  They beat the Bengals, who actually had a very good chance until the unfortunate misdirected bend of a knee.  They beat the Colts (with a little help from Peyton Manning.  Yes.  I'm still bitter.   Grin) soundly.  They beat the Broncos.  All in the name of Jerome Bettis, and his potential last year.  Who, BTW, is a freaking haws!  Dude is HUGE!

I'm no Steelers fan, but I do like them better than the Pats, who, BTW, are NOT PLAYING NOW!!!!!  Grin  I like the Seahawks, but I gotta go with the Steelers on this one, by 10.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »

The Steelers are indeed a good team, I saw them murder the Broncos in the last game. They do have a lot of good players and all, but I also think that we have a pretty good chance of beating the Steelers, lol we sure did give "Mr." Steve Smith from the Panthers a bad name, after all I do believe that Steve Smith was considered to be "the best reciever" in the NFL. But thats just what I heard. But hey like I said, even if we dont win its not like half of Seattle is gonna committ suicide or something lol, what matters is that we have made it this far and we have a much more better chance at getting into the Super bowl next year. My hopes are high for the Seahawks though, I think that we have a good chance on Sunday.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 05:41:45 PM »

I know what ya mean!  I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.  If the Steelers win, I can say we got beat by the SuperBowl champs.  Of course, I'm gettin' tired of sayin' that!  If the Seahawks win, I can rejoice that the Steelers got theirs!  But, in the end, I'm still thinkin' Steelers by 10.  Good luck to your hawks!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 09:25:54 AM »

I have it figured out finally!

My gut says the steelers will win, but my heart says seahawks.  Then I got to thinking, and I think the seahawks will win, but that doesn't explain why I thought that.   You see, the steelers are wearing black and yellow, and have that terrible towel thang....which is quite a frightening site to reckon with.   But on the other hand, the seahawks have that carnivorous bird as their emblem and that too is quite scary and could give them an edge.   So many things to take into consideration here.    Its a difficult choice, but here goes.....

I say, that either the steelers or the seahawks will win the super bowl this year, and you can take that one to the bank baby!  Grin

OKOK seriously, I do feel that Steelers hold the edge, but I have a feeling the Seahawks are not going to be an easy nut to crack for them.   It should be a really good game.  I believe it could go either way which is why I can't pick a favorite.    There wont be any corn growth watching this weekend, and that I know for certain....lol   

Got my chips, got my dips, got my sodas, got my chicken wings got my blue cheese, got my toy pterodactyls and my terrible towels, AND, I have my little yellow penalty flag to toss at the TV for frustration penalties all ready to go!!!!!   Cheesy

Let the carnage begin!!!!   (somehow that just sounds wrong, but I really mean it in a fun loving sort of way!  Shocked   Grin)

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 02:06:24 PM »

Let the carnage begin!!!!   (somehow that just sounds wrong, but I really mean it in a fun loving sort of way!  Shocked   Grin)

LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 07:23:51 PM »

As Matt Hasselback said in one of his interviews today, "I dont think that they are being competative, I think that they are just being ignorant." (he was talking about a lot of the Steeler's fans, notice the word *a lot* that means *not all.*) hehehehehe!!!!

Well on the other hand most of us Hawks fans are being ignorant towards the Steelers fans too so its all part of the game. Dude you guys should see whats going on in the Sports section of Christianguitar.org forums. Once I posted up "Seahawks or Steelers" poll forum I didnt really get all that to many "nice" replies but then I got my Seahawks buddies to have my back lol. Now thats what I call "Christian trash talk" and its bad enough w/ out any kinda 3 to 4 lettered words lol.

Steve Smith says: "May the best team win." He's most likely mad enough right now that he's probably rooting for the Steelers. After all we did give him and Delhomme a REALLY bad titble. Cheesy
LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 07:26:14 PM »

Sorry, I got a typo there I meant to say TITLE not tibtle or whatever I accidently put there.
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »

I'm going with the home team, Go Red Wings, oh wrong sport, but I'm still going with the home team though.
Good luck to all you away team fans...you'll need it Grin

And The Winner Is ...

The Steelers to do list: Contain Alexander, pressure Hasselbeck, control line of scrimmage and shut down the receivers. Establish the run(with no fumbles), passing game(with no INT) and control the clock. Wow there goes my hero's - just kidding.
I really hope to see a good game...an edge of the seat kinda of game, Cheers Grin

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 03:18:37 PM »

I'm going with the home team, Go Red Wings, oh wrong sport, but I'm still going with the home team though.

Isn't that just a shoe store??

Wink Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the