Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:06:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Lets see.........Seahawks or Steelers?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lets see.........Seahawks or Steelers?  (Read 15185 times)
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2006, 12:44:16 AM »

If I remember right he said he lived near the Indy 500. He was in the Navy Reserves. Unfortunately I can't even remember his name. We were stationed together in Bahrain with a 500 bed hospital unit and he worked in a different part of the command so I only saw him twice in the three months we were there. Not much to go on but I do remember what he looks like.

Being that the pit crews change members sometimes and I'm sure many of those can be from Indianapolis, your going to have your viewing time cut out for you. I'll keep asking though.

I forgot you were in Phoenix. Sad  I'm forgetting to much in my old age. Cry

Everyone has some-timer disease. Sometimes we remember and sometimes we don't. Cheesy

I'm still not convinced the Rothlessburger<sp> TD was a sure thing....looked to me the ball never crossed the plane.

The whole ball doesn't need to cross over the plane, it only needs to break the front of the goal line.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2006, 12:55:26 AM »

The whole ball doesn't need to cross over the plane, it only needs to break the front of the goal line.

Thats what I meant, it looked like it stopped short of breaking the plane, but obviously what the review showed was not obvious enough to overturn the ruling on the field.   Even the ref that was running in looked like he was going to mark the ball short until he saw rothless, holding it in the endzone.....lol   Oh well, Like I said, it doesn't matter now either way.   

Go dolphins Cheesy

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2006, 01:34:24 AM »

Thats what I meant, it looked like it stopped short of breaking the plane, but obviously what the review showed was not obvious enough to overturn the ruling on the field.   Even the ref that was running in looked like he was going to mark the ball short until he saw rothless, holding it in the endzone.....lol   Oh well, Like I said, it doesn't matter now either way.   

Go dolphins Cheesy

The fact that your looking at when he was on the ground...in which case you would be right, but when Rothless(as you put it Grin ) jumped towards the endzone and if you get a chance to see that play again, look at when he was in the air. I just watched it again in slow motion.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2006, 01:52:15 AM »

Everyone has some-timer disease. Sometimes we remember and sometimes we don't. Cheesy
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2006, 02:09:02 AM »

The fact that your looking at when he was on the ground...in which case you would be right, but when Rothless(as you put it Grin ) jumped towards the endzone and if you get a chance to see that play again, look at when he was in the air. I just watched it again in slow motion.

Umm, I did.....as I said before, it appeared to me the ball never broke the plane.   Tongue  lol

But my opinion didn't matter.   I tried telling the zebra guys they were wrong, but they would not listen to me.   So Pittsburg stoled this one I tell you!   And stealing is just wrong!!!!   And to prove my point....what does this team call themselves.....

STEELERS

YATZEE!!!!!   I rest my case!

ROFL....I'm just funnin ya

Tim

LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2006, 02:28:43 AM »

Well to all you Steelers fans, congrats on your Lumbardi (sp??) trophy, ya'll deserve it after a hard but good game. All I can say concerning the Seahawks, it was a dissapointing loss but we did try our hardest, at least we made this far this year, we've been w/ the Hawks through everything tough and good times for about 30 years so we can shed more tears but we do have high hopes for a chance at the Super bowl again next year if God wills it. Other than that, to me the ultimate trophy is Jesus Christ, no Super bowl can compare to that.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2006, 11:34:56 AM »

Other than that, to me the ultimate trophy is Jesus Christ, no Super bowl can compare to that.

AMEN to that one LJF!!!

Tim

LiLJesusFreak

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2006, 06:10:17 PM »

Whats also amazing w/ the Seahawks is that when they arrived at Quest Field here in Seattle, all their fains greeted them w/ a warm welcome back. I was planning to go but couldnt make because I had to run by the bank and having to find and wait for the buss in the U-District was not worth it for me because I had an hour left and I knew I wouldnt make it anyway. But yeah no body was PO'd I was watching what was happening on the news at Quest Field the Hawks (w/ dissapointing faces) were greeted warmly. And just like the Seattle Times said in their paper yesterday "Something tells us that Quest Field will not be any quiter next season." Cheesy
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2006, 02:11:54 PM »

Well it was a good game, and I was right!!!  One of those teams won the SB!   I was sort of pulling for SH's but I guess it wasn't their day.   There did appear to be a few questionable calls in there though.  I'm still not convinced the Rothlessburger<sp> TD was a sure thing....looked to me the ball never crossed the plane.   Also not sure about that call where Seahwaks WR caught the ball and kicked the pylon with his second foot on the way of bounds (think it was something about the ball not crossing the plane?....but those things matter not now of course.   Got some good penalty flag throws at the TV with ummm my frustration penalty flag thingy...heh.    Still enjoyed the game though....good win Steelers fans!

You were right and I was close!  My Steelers by 10 turned out to be the Steelers by 11.  And I personally don't think the Rothelessberger (SP?HuhHuh??) TD was a TD.  They'd have made later if not then, but dude was stopped cold.  That ball didn't cross the line...but there was room for "maybe", hence the call by the official.  Oh well.  Next year...my Colts...can lose to the future SB champs AGIN!!!![/b]  Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2006, 04:35:07 AM »

Umm, I did.....as I said before, it appeared to me the ball never broke the plane.   Tongue  lol

Even if the Steelers didn't break the goal line, they still won by 4 points. I only picked who I thought would win(with or without the help of the Refs Grin ). In the past I've went with the NFC all the way, because my team is in the NFC. Not anymore, I don't pick who I would like to win, but rather who I think will win. I do better with my picks Wink Grin

But my opinion didn't matter.   I tried telling the zebra guys they were wrong, but they would not listen to me.

I know the feeling well, and... no, I'm not talking about the call on the field either. Grin

That ball didn't cross the line...but there was room for "maybe", hence the call by the official.

Just so you know, the ball doesn't need to cross the goal line.

Oh well.  Next year...my Colts...can lose to the future SB champs AGIN!!!!  Grin

We already had one of the Greats without a SuperBowl ring with Dan Marino, are you sure we need another one? Wink After all, Manning has something Marino didn't have in my opinion, is a running game. Sad

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the