Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  For Talkercat (Terri)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For Talkercat (Terri)  (Read 2108 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2006, 07:55:29 PM »

As many of you already knw our sister Terri has been having some serious health problems, she recently went in the hospital for surgery. I have just been informed by Terri herself that she is now resting comfortably at home, and that the suregery was a success, she was in a bit of pain and somewhat groggy, but she wants everyone to know she is fine. She will be posting again soon. She also thanks everyone for their prayers.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:58:37 PM »

As many of you already knw our sister Terri has been having some serious health problems, she recently went in the hospital for surgery. I have just been informed by Terri herself that she is now resting comfortably at home, and that the suregery was a success, she was in a bit of pain and somewhat groggy, but she wants everyone to know she is fine. She will be posting again soon. She also thanks everyone for their prayers.

Thank you for the update sister. My prayers will remain with her as she continues to recover.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 08:19:06 PM »

Thank you sister Maria for the Up-date.  My prayers will remain with sister Terri, while she recovers.

spectre260
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:21:32 AM »

I'll be praying for her. I never knew she was sick.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 11:45:46 AM »

I'll be praying for her. I never knew she was sick.

There are many on here that are. Sister Terri is always in my prayers as are the many others.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »

Spec a lot of us including myself are disabled. We do a lot of praying for each other here. Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 09:37:09 PM »

Spec a lot of us including myself are disabled. We do a lot of praying for each other here. Cheesy
AMEN!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 10:37:12 PM »

AMEN!!
Amen!!

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 09:03:41 AM »

Hello Brothers and Sisters ~

This is the first time I've seen this thread!  You guys are such sweet Christians, I'm so blessed to be here. 

Most of you know that I'm in an abusive marriage and that I'm planning to leave.  My target is June, while he's on vacation.  Until then, I'm keeping peace in my home and acting like everything is normal . . . all the while sneaking my stuff out right under his nose.

Thanks to everyone that is praying for me.  My heart is with each and every one of you.  I don't know what I'd do without your love and support.

Blessings ~

Terri

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 10:09:26 AM »

Sister Terri,

I also missed this thread, but I do know what you are going through now. You already know that many pray for you every day, and we will keep praying for you.

I got your birthday card, and it was very pretty. I really didn't know about online greeting cards of various types until I got one from you. You are a very sweet Christian and we treasure our fellowship with you. I was just thinking about many sweet Christians on Christians Unite and how good GOD was to bring us together for worship, study, prayer, and thanks.

I'm positive that we can grow closer to each other and to JESUS during times of difficulty. I hope and pray that's exactly what happens with all of us during times of trial. I say this especially about JESUS. The endless love and strength of JESUS is precious and something that we all need to learn more about.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 119:50 NASB  This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 02:24:50 PM »

Hello Brothers and Sisters ~

This is the first time I've seen this thread!  You guys are such sweet Christians, I'm so blessed to be here. 

Most of you know that I'm in an abusive marriage and that I'm planning to leave.  My target is June, while he's on vacation.  Until then, I'm keeping peace in my home and acting like everything is normal . . . all the while sneaking my stuff out right under his nose.

Thanks to everyone that is praying for me.  My heart is with each and every one of you.  I don't know what I'd do without your love and support.

Blessings ~

Terri

Sister, I'm glad to see your leaving your abusive situation. I will keep praying for you sister. Both for your health, and safety.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 02:58:59 PM »

Sister, I'm glad to see your leaving your abusive situation. I will keep praying for you sister. Both for your health, and safety.

Amen.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 01:58:21 AM »

Yes Terri Amen, I'm praying for you.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 01:56:18 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm in a moral quandry . . . even though I'm abused almost daily, I feel  Sad guilty for lying to my husband.  In order to keep peace in my home, I'm having to say things that are not true.  For instance, my mother is renovating her house to accomodate my medical needs (widening doorways, knocking down walls, installing safety equipment, enlarging a bathroom, etc.) but he thinks it's being done for my GRANDMOTHER who, at this time is almost 90; and lives with my mom.  As I'm packing up clothing I'm telling him I'm donating it to charity.  I know it's wrong to lie, but I'm afraid of his temper and so defensive.  At times I fear for my physical safety.

Is it EVER OK to lie?

Blessings ~

=^..^=

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 02:19:49 PM »

((((((Terri))))))

I can see that you are in a very difficult position.
I will give you my opinion and this is only my opinion, don't take it as advice, or as judgement please. For what it's worth it is only my opinion, I am not the one who has to live in your situation. I will still love you regardless of what you do, and I will not consider you to be any less of a person, You are a sweetheart.

To me a lie is a lie not matter what. I understand that you are going thru and have been going thru a lot of abuse and I know that you are feeling guilty about lying to Bill. Terri, not one of us is perfect, and not one of us experiences someone else's hurt, sorrows or trials on a first hand basis. You are by all means doing the correct thing in moving away from the dangerous situation you are in. God does not want His children to be abused in any way. I cannot judge you, and I won't even try. But God knows everything you are going through and He is with you always, put your trust in Him.

Perhaps you don't need to tell your husband what you are doing with the clothing that you are moving out, or even give him an explanation of why your mom is remodeling her house, after all it is her house and she can do as she pleases with it, you mentioned that your grandmother lives with your mom at the time, and I am sure that all the renovations being done to your mom's home are going to benefit her as well.

Now I am giving you advice  Cheesy
Trust in the Lord, seek His advice and He will see you thru. He will always be with you. Go to Him in prayer ask Him what He would have you do or say. He is the only one who has all the answers.

In the meantime Sister, I want you to know that I am praying for you, and that I love you as my sister in Christ no matter what.

Your sister in Christ,
Maria.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the