Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Negative Self Talk + Satan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Negative Self Talk + Satan  (Read 1970 times)
gardenglove

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:16:40 AM »

I have been struggling with "negative self talk" for quite awhile and have been reading a lot lately about how Satan can use our weaknesses, insecurities and actually keep us talking negatively about ourselves.

Interested to have a discussion with other woman on this subject and any helpful suggestions on how to view myself more positively.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »

Hi gardenglove,

Welcome to Christians Unite. There are some great Christians here that I am sure will be glad to join you in this conversation. There are also some great articles here on various subjects about why people do this and what they should do to overcome it. The first step to take is to have Jesus Christ in your life. While waiting for some of the others to respond to you please check out some of these posts. Some may apply to you and some may not. It depends on why you have these negative self thoughts.

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=9771.0

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=9758.0

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=9772.0

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=9756.0

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=9759.0

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 10:29:22 AM »

Hello garden glove, first I'd like to welcome you to Christians Unite, you will find so many wonderful Christians here, and they will be like family. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Sister as for negative thoughts, satan will do anything he can to keep our thoughts of God and only on him. You are a child of God and being a child of God means that you are a co-heir with Christ. satan knows he can't make you do things you don't want to, so he constantly injects thoughts into your mind. Remember the mind is the battlefield of our faith. I think most everyone has had neagtive thought at one time or another, and some may have had them many times, this is a battle of the mind, t is spiritual warfare. God's Word is the only thhing that can help this kind of battle, reading the Bible, and prayer. Asking information from other Christians and praying for one another, we are all facing battles everyday. I am praying for you sister.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. {honest: or, venerable}

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 10:36:32 AM »

Sister Gardenglove, I just thought I'd also let you know that you are very precious in God's eyes, He paid a very high price for you, He created you in His image, He loves you so much, He promises to always be with you.
These are things that all who have accepted the free gift of salvation and made Jesus Christ Lord and Savior of their life can always be sure of. satan cannot take any of these away from us. Don't let him steal your joy.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 11:58:03 PM »

Hello Sister Gardenglove.  You're right, Satan DOES use any method possible to hurt you, and that includes using you yourself and self-talk.  I used to have bad thoughts frequently, mostly about something that happened long ago or maybe my body image.  It sometimes included lustful ideas.  But now I don't have so many bad thoughts and when I do, I deliberately and audibly rebuke Satan!  Try it!  Next time you get a thought that distresses you, open your mouth and speak to him, say: "Satan, I know who you are and you're not welcome here! Flee, now! In the name of Jesus - I rebuke you!!"   You may discover, as I did, that he'll flee and he won't attack your thoughts so frequently.  Now in other areas . . . . . .  you just have to recognize him for what he is and "shout it out!"

Blessings-
TalkerCat

WELCOME TO CHRISTIANS UNITE!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the