Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286879 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  THE CHURCH-hOSPITAL FOR TROUBLED SOULS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE CHURCH-hOSPITAL FOR TROUBLED SOULS  (Read 983 times)
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:05:20 AM »

THE CHURCH---A HOSPITAL FOR TROUBLED SOULS
      If we are human beings and live on this planet earth, then we can be listed as a patient on the hospital list.  Troubles come in many sizes and shapes.  They can be emotional, physical, spiritual or financial.  Job stated in 5:7 “Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.”  We can’t escape it but there is a sure cure for all ailments.  The Master Physician and psychiatrist of all is Jesus Christ.  He can prescribe the correct medicine and therapy for any illness we may encounter.  There won’t be any side effects.  In fact there will be much improvement from what we were before.

If we think we have NO problems and are very self-righteous about it, we are sicker than the rest who know they have problems to face from time to time.  If we are “perfect” in our own eyes, we don’t belong on this earth.  No one has overcome everything.  I know I haven’t but God, through the Holy Spirit keeps working on me.  He works on you, too.  Before the healing begins, we have to be made aware of our weaknesses and admit to them.  Jesus alone can make us whole.

Jesus was reprimanded for eating with publicans and sinners.  Read Matthew 9:9-13.  He was in the home of Matthew, the tax collector.  Publicans were looked down on for their practice of cheating the people.  We still don’t like tax collectors too much today, do we?  Jesus replied: “They that are whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.”

The ones accusing him were the ones who thought they had it altogether and didn’t need help from anyone.  Many people think that way today.  The truth is we all need God and Doctor Jesus to keep us well.  An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure so I’ve heard.  I don’t know about you but I could use more than an ounce. When we read God’s Word everyday we get the medicine we must take to keep us alive and well. 

Proverbs 3:1 “My Son, forget not my law, but let thine heart keep my commandments:”  Verse 5 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not onto thine own understanding.”  Verses 7& 8 “Be not wise in thine own eyes; fear the Lord, and depart from evil.  It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.”  Read Proverbs often for it is full of wisdom.

Jesus knows what man is thinking and understands him to the very core.  He knows of the deceit man carries in his heart.  The church, if it is truly a Spirit led church, helps to root out any negative thought or false notion we might have.  It feeds us with proper food which will nourish our souls to improve our spiritual health.

Doctor Jesus diagnoses the ailments each patient has.  The preacher gives out the proper doses Jesus prescribed.  When he preaches, he never knows which person he may hit with his message.  It is the truth that each person needs to hear so he can overcome a bad trait he wasn’t even aware that he had.  Regular visits to the DOCTOR are needed to make sure there is no new development.  A good Bible teaching church will keep giving us the medicine we need.  We may not like the taste but we have to swallow it so we can get better.  God bless you as you continue in the path He has laid out for you.

All scriptures are from KJV

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:10:25 PM »

Amen LivingByFaith,

I've now gotten to read several of your posts, and they have been a blessing to me. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

I've only met a couple of people in my life who thought they were perfect and without sin. They were really pretty sad. For me, I'll simply say that I give thanks that God loves to hear our prayers. I have a need and a desire to pray for forgiveness fairly often. We don't have any righteousness of our own, so I also give thanks that we are seen in and through JESUS. Regardless of how hard we try, our sad and pitiful condition should be self-evident and simply give us all the more reason to thank and praise JESUS.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:11-13 NASB  This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the