Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  INSTRUCTED BY A ROBIN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INSTRUCTED BY A ROBIN  (Read 1754 times)
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »

INSTRUCTED BY A ROBIN
A lesson in obedience.

Buttons floated around my confused brain.  Click this button; click that one  I had a hard time before I could understand what the technical jargon told me to do.  I sat on my favorite bench in the park by the river.  The water that flowed past me usually calmed my troubled soul but not this time.

My computer conked out on me. What a great disaster for me.  The machine became a part of me like it was attached to my body. I pushed all kinds of buttons, with hope that I would hit the right one. To me it was a game of chance.  It might work or it might not.  My worst problem is that I make myself think I am still young enough and smart enough to tackle anything.  I don’t want to admit I am headed toward old age.  I am only seventy-four years young at heart. (ADD ONE MORE YEAR.  iiHAD A BIRTHDAY_  My mental powers don’t want to work along with me.  I am always too proud to ask for help from any one.  I stay under the illusion that “I can do it myself.”  Of course I asked God to help but I didn’t want to give complete control over to Him.  I just HAD to help Him!

I sat on the bench with my head hanging toward the ground.  I had no clue.  A sweet “Chirp, Chirp, Chirp” caught my attention.  There, sitting on a tree stump, a short distant away, was a sassy little robin looking at me with expectancy; like he wanted a reply.  

The conversation went like this:
Robin sang “Chirp, chirp, chirp”.
My reply:  chirp, chirp, chirp.
He looked amazed that I understood him.  He was going to give it another try.
He went on with three more chirps.

This lady’s O.K. was the look he gave me with his black beady eyes. Once more three chirps and echoes. O.K.  Now I’m going to try and stump her.After the three chirps he added an extra one.  What?  He’s trying to trick me.  I’ll fool him.   I got wrapped up in his game.

Well done, old lady. Let’s see what you’ll do now?  Three more rounds of Chirp, Chirp, and Chirp
I followed him the whole way.

He looked at me quite pleased that I had followed his instructions without missing a beat.  He smiled at me (do birds really smile?) as he flew away he knew that he had obeyed God in giving me a lesson in obedience.  

I sat there startled!  I wondered what that was all about.  I got off my seat in a much better humor. I was more determined than ever to find the problem with the installation.   No technology was going to “stump” me. I went through the whole procedure again.  This time I followed  the directions word for word. What caught my eye was the fact that if a certain image came up, I was to click  “cancel” instead of “next”.  This time I hit cancel and the installation went smoothly and I got my ‘puter back!

What is my point?  It’s all about obedience.  I won’t be defeated when I believe and follow God’s instructions as close as I did when the robin spoke.  That is the kind of obedience God demands of us.  

I laugh at the fact that God gave me His message through that little bird.  It’s not the first time He used His creatures to do His will and help His people. Many times people, like me, try to use our own reasoning.  I won’t tell the whole story but in 1 Kings 17:3 (KJV), God told Elijah that a raven would feed him and it did.  

God is so wonderful for teaching His concepts in simple everyday things we can understand when we keep our hearts open to His lead..  This time obedience was taught by a Robin.  I am sure that God laughed, too.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the