Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:15:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  NBC's Book of Daniel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBC's Book of Daniel  (Read 3381 times)
catty

Its all about you Lord Jesus, its all about you!

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2006, 03:16:16 PM »

I don't know if everyone here knows about a series that NBC is coming out with, but I hope everyone takes time to contact their local NBC station and NBC themselves not to air this series. It is anti-christian show. It is a show about a pastor and his family and everything about them is soooooooo not right. If you would like more info on this show go to www.afa.net. While there have been several NBC affiliatesthat said they will not air the show there are more out there that need to know that christian will not stand for this. We need to stand and be heard fellow christians.
catty
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 03:52:50 PM »

I don't know if everyone here knows about a series that NBC is coming out with, but I hope everyone takes time to contact their local NBC station and NBC themselves not to air this series. It is anti-christian show. It is a show about a pastor and his family and everything about them is soooooooo not right. If you would like more info on this show go to www.afa.net. While there have been several NBC affiliatesthat said they will not air the show there are more out there that need to know that christian will not stand for this. We need to stand and be heard fellow christians.
catty

catty thank you for the link, I signed my petition, and I am emailing the link to friends and family. Wink

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »

Hello Catty,

I see that you are new, so WELCOME!! I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

I'm happy that you posted the information from AFA. We do have some information already on the forum. I think that you are talking about a show called Daniel. You will be happy to know that pressure on NBC from Christians, petitions, and AFA have already stopped this show.

Here's a big plus I want to tell you about Christians Unite. Christians Unite is a major distributor for Christian material of all kinds, including Christian News. AFA and other Christian organizations are regular and familiar names here. Look on the left side of the forum page at the menu, and about mid-page down you will see a menu for "Read" and right under it a label for "Christian News". You will find this story there and many others there. In fact, you will find many other things on the menu that are of interest to Christians. The forum only represents about 1% of the work being done by Christians Unite.

Catty, I'm looking forward to reading your posts and our fellowship in JESUS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 9:8 NASB  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 10:55:28 PM »

Unfortunately, here in MI, the show has not been stopped altogether. In fact, I just saw an ad for it this evening. I'll see about signing any petitions that come through though. This show is an absolute INSULT to Christianity.

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 11:04:03 PM »

So far it is just one station that has dropped it. An NBC affiliate WTWO in Terre Haute, Ind.

This station decided to drop it due to an enormous amount of email they received against the show. Everyone should email both their local NBC station as well as the main office.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 11:09:48 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 07:22:18 AM »

Unfortunately, here in MI, the show has not been stopped altogether. In fact, I just saw an ad for it this evening. I'll see about signing any petitions that come through though. This show is an absolute INSULT to Christianity.
Little Pilgrim, I know exactly how you feel, I signed the petition, my church did and so did a lot of other churches in the state of Florida, but it is still going to air. the only thing we can do now it to continue to pray and if it still goes on NOT watch it.
Who knows God can do anything,  Cheesy
I haven't given up.
your sister in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 10:43:18 AM »

I posted about this, back on December 20th. Grin

New NBC Drama Show Mocks Christianty

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 07:09:58 PM »

Hello LittlePilgrim,

You are quite correct. I misread the article, and I apologize for stating the wrong information. YES, this show is horrible, disgusting, and will represent a slap in the face of CHRIST!

Right now I can't remember how many articles I've read about this show and how well the petitions have done. I've already posted one error about this show, so I'll simply say that the petitions have done great IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY. If the petitions are not enough or they are too late, Christians all over the country need to participate in the biggest boycott ever done. Advertisers pay all of the bills, and advertisers need to get a clue that the vast majority of this country are Christians. The advertisers need to learn that they will pay dearly for sponsoring this filth. Without the funding by the advertisers, the show doesn't get put on or it doesn't stay on. It is far past time for advertisers to start paying attention to what filth and garbage their money puts on television. If not, it won't take long to put them out of business.

Again, I apologize for putting out the wrong information on this. I'll double-check the next time.

Love in Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 1:3 NASB  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

catty

Its all about you Lord Jesus, its all about you!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 03:25:35 PM »

I have just sent an email to my local station asking them not to air this show. Just waiting to see how they respond.
catty
ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 01:02:11 AM »

Smells Like Victory-------That's Victory in Jesus

Praise Jesus ----- it has been trambled under our feet --- His heel will crush his head!!!
Good work, Saints,  Stand up, Stand up for Jesus, ye Soldiers of the CROSS!!

Maybe HollyWood will get the picture now!!

Only Always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 08:17:21 AM »

Smells Like Victory-------That's Victory in Jesus

Praise Jesus ----- it has been trambled under our feet --- His heel will crush his head!!!
Good work, Saints,  Stand up, Stand up for Jesus, ye Soldiers of the CROSS!!

Maybe HollyWood will get the picture now!!

Only Always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

Not yet, brother. Hollywood is still trying. The battle has just begun and we as Christians should not sit on our laurels over one small win.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 02:36:02 PM »

Not yet, brother. Hollywood is still trying. The battle has just begun and we as Christians should not sit on our laurels over one small win.

AMEN!

Now is the time for Christians, to take whole steps, not half steps. It's time hollywoood, wake up and smell the coffee. Were not going to take it, anymore. My Church has boycotted quite a few bollywood movies, and gotten a few others to boycott movies. I think it's time to go the next step. A public protest of movies, that are indecent, and lewd.

ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 12:46:14 AM »

Brother,  PR

I believe that was HUGE in many ways.
That was the hand of God, that was the Father's - work all the way.
That was HUGE in the message it sent.
That was HUGE in the "Paths of Righteousnessin showing what Christians UNITED can do.
The last HUGE thing I witnessed "Nation wide" in God's Glory was the past election, that sent a HUGE Message in MORALS, another HUGE victory for Jesus - -CHRISTIANS who's votes made it known.
More of this can happen, if, we just abide in His Word.
If God be for US - Who can be against US!

Isaiah 40:5  --  And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Answered Prayer is HUGE, brother.
Praise Jesus, Christians are being Silent No More.
We are
ONE NATION UNDER GOD, and more and more we are getting back what the enemy has took, that this Nation, was governed, and built on in the first place.
Stand and Wait, upon the Glory of the Lord, More is on the way!
ANYTIME, GOD MOVES,  IT IS HUGE!
There's no limit to the word HUGE, it can get bigger, and there sure is no limit to OUR GOD, what He can do is beyond measure.

May the Lord, bless thee and keep thee
Only Always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 12:53:55 AM »

Hi ggamble,

Amen Brother, I agree with you totally but it is still just a small win in comparison to what still needs to be done. Yes, what needs to be done is a small thing to God who can do anything. However He is leaving much of it in our hands to do and it is necessary for Christians not to say 'well we got the message across so we can sit back and take it easy now" or those that will say "It is in Gods hands He will take care of it" and then they do nothing. A big mistake that many continue to make. The work has just begun and I encourage all Christians to continue in this work.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »

Hello GGamble,

Brother, I am also very excited and happy about this victory. It was a HUGE VICTORY and it was a quick victory. I hope and pray that this gives us encouragement to continue. Many of us have been involved with all kinds of efforts to clean up television for many years, and I'm one of them.

I think that the Book of Daniel was horrible and represented yet another attempt to insult GOD. I don't watch a lot of television, but I've watched a few samples of what they used to call prime-time television for family viewing. Well, there isn't anything fit for a family to watch during prime-time or nearly any other time. There might be a few decent shows, but you really need cable or satellite to have whole channels that are clean and appropriate for family viewing. YES, I also know there are horrible channels on cable and satellite, but you can block those out. My kids are grown and gone, but I'm still active in doing what I can that is right for my grandchildren and other families.

When I do watch television, it's usually the news, sports, cartoons, Animal Planet, and TV Land. TV Land has the very old and completely clean shows of many years ago. My wife laughs when she catches me watching cartoons, but I have to stay in practice for my grandchildren.  :D  In the absence of the clean channels, I doubt that I would have a television in my house.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 2:8-10 NASB  For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the