Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  NBC's Book of Daniel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBC's Book of Daniel  (Read 3380 times)
GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 05:35:24 AM »

i agree with this fight and am extreamly happy of the results that it is getting, as a matter of fact , i'd like to sign whatever is needed to keep it off the air....but now, let me ask you....

why are we so upset that they are portraying exactly whats going on in churches and pulpits all across america...as a matter of fact they left many things out.

i imagine they get this from the media and how we find ourselves in the news for thing that are not like god...

on one end its really sad that they are trying to air such a horrible show, but on the other hand its really sad that we can not deny that its happening even though we strive to cover it up.

it reminds me of visiting some churches. when you first get there, they hide that thier sons are sleeping with the entire choir, they hide that they are money hungry, they hide that they are full of pride and have sought gods kingdom to achieve some type of stardom....that is until you join.

we really should be mad that this is the horrible injustice that we are doing to our witness as the people of god.

so after we finish talking about how horrible hollywood is to us, turn that TWO EDGED SWORD on us and begin to talk about how horrible we are to us.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 10:36:41 AM »

Hello GKB,

This doesn't represent the norm or standard for Christians. It might represent some who wish to make the false claim that they are Christians. We all know that simply sitting in a church pew every Sunday does not make one a Christian. Wallowing in sin, being proud of it, enjoying sin, and defiantly continuing in sin is NOT of GOD. Trying to paint people like this as Christians is an abomination to GOD.

I'm not trying to hint that Christians are perfect or without sin, but I would boldly state that the sick, twisted, abomination that was portrayed as Christian is NOT. What a show like this would attempt to accomplish is Christianity embracing these abominations as acceptable in their eyes and in God's eyes. These abominations are NOT acceptable in God's eyes, and they are not acceptable in the eyes of any church that loves GOD.

I realize there are examples of some things you are talking about, BUT they are not the norm, and they are not acceptable to GOD or GOD-fearing people. Trying to hint that open sin and abominations are acceptable to GOD is an insult to GOD. I would go so far as to say that insulting GOD was probably a high priority for the authors of this filth and garbage they wanted to call entertainment. Real Christians would simply stand up and say NO!, and that's exactly what happened.

If this filth and garbage accurately portrays what's going on in the brick and mortar church you attend, you are going to the wrong church. Your time would be better spent in a bar. Some churches might be that bad, and all I can say is they would be an abomination to God. Hollywood had an agenda with this show, and that agenda was evil. It's really just as simple as that. It was a work of and for the devil.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:16-17 NASB  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »

So far it is just one station that has dropped it. An NBC affiliate WTWO in Terre Haute, Ind.

This station decided to drop it due to an enormous amount of email they received against the show. Everyone should email both their local NBC station as well as the main office.

Yeah!  That's Hoosiers for ya!  Unfortunately, this Hoosier lives in Indianapolis.  No matter how many emails they get, they'll still broadcast it... Angry

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 01:16:05 PM »

Yeah!  That's Hoosiers for ya!  Unfortunately, this Hoosier lives in Indianapolis.  No matter how many emails they get, they'll still broadcast it... Angry

If it is on NBC then it is done by the local affiliate as the NBC parent company has dropped it now also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 10:30:46 PM »

AMEN BEP!

I DO AGREE FOR THE MOST PART....MY PROBLEM IS THAT IT SEEMS THAT THIS IS THE CASE IN CHURCHES ALL ACROSS AMERICA...AT LEAST AS FAR AS THE BUILDINGS ARE CONCERNED....SO I DO AGREE. GOD BLESS YOU, AND KEEP UP THE WORK THAT YOU DO FOR THE LORD!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 05:47:07 AM by GKB » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2006, 01:57:23 AM »

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

I DO AGREE FOR THE MOST PART....MY PROBLEM IS THAT IT SEEMS THAT THIS IS THE CASE IN CHURCHES ALL ACROSS AMERICA...AT LEAST AS FAR AS THE BUILDINGS ARE CONCERNED....SO I DO AGREE. GOD BLESS YOU, AND KEEP UP THE WORK THAT YOU DO FOR THE LORD!

Hello GKB,

Huh    You wouldn't know unless you've attended all of those churches you are talking about.

Huh    I don't have a total count of the churches, but I would guess that you would have to be about 800 years old to have attended all those chuches, and many would have to be drive-throughs.

Huh   Are you sure they were churches?  Grin   Grin   Grin

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 02:03:31 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 05:19:24 AM »

reminds me of visiting some churches. when you first get there, they hide that their sons are sleeping with the entire choir, they hide that they are money hungry, they hide that they are full of pride and have sought gods kingdom to achieve some type of stardom....that is until you join. {Quote from GKB}

Greetings GKB,

For one to obtain this kind of information about {their sons} would all most put one in sin themselves, through "GOSSIP". 
And as BEP said if one truly is of the family, he would not be into any kind of fornication anyway. And for what ever reason one would come across this type of information, prayers should be going up for them and not judgment.
That's why, accountability is important among brothers, {a brother accountable to another brother} and like wise a {sister accountable with another sister}.  ( A PURE HEART)
And one should be in church, for fellowship and worship and to hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to the churches.  If God is not there then one with the gift of discernment would know that and look to the Lord to guide them to one alive in the Spirit.
And for them churches that are full of pride and or mis-using the finances of the church. Sin won't be hidden long, God is in control, its His battle anyway, He will police His own. Many ministries on TV, have the leader of them that needs to be honest and repent of obvious sins against God and of its members. There are many avenues to go about it as a brother of the King, if and when these fruits are present. But the first thing one would do, is to check in with Him and lift up prayers for our concerns, then stand fast and wait upon the glory of the Lord.
Getting offended is just what the enemy wants. That does not mean we are to be passive, either. The enemy is always out to steal our identity in Christ. If we are using our Armor right we will be alert to his strategies. I personally pray on the Armor of God every morning. Or I feel I'm going on my own strength, not the Spirit's. I'm no match for the enemy alone.

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.  {KJV}

Ephesians 6:18  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with  all kinds of prayer and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep praying for all the saints. {LABNIV}

That "be alert" goes a long way with me, alert always to the wiles of the enemy, which it says in verse 11.
The NIV explains this verse as to be in prayer always, never ceasing, your life as becoming a prayer, {in relationship with Jesus} always talking to God. Praying for all believers and the Christians you know and the church around the world. and for them that are struggling with sin, or are not in the  "Good Soil".
Pray, put on the Armor of God and keep on praying, but be Alert! Because the enemy just wants to get our focus off what Jesus would do in any situation, and try to lure us to sin.

May the Lord bless thee and keep thee.
Only always for Jesus
in the love of a {Hoosier} brother, in Jesus name
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 06:36:59 AM »

reminds me of visiting some churches. when you first get there, they hide that their sons are sleeping with the entire choir, they hide that they are money hungry, they hide that they are full of pride and have sought gods kingdom to achieve some type of stardom....that is until you join. {Quote from GKB}

Greetings GKB,

For one to obtain this kind of information about {their sons} would all most put one in sin themselves, through "GOSSIP". 
And as BEP said if one truly is of the family, he would not be into any kind of fornication anyway. And for what ever reason one would come across this type of information, prayers should be going up for them and not judgment.
That's why, accountability is important among brothers, {a brother accountable to another brother} and like wise a {sister accountable with another sister}.  ( A PURE HEART)
And one should be in church, for fellowship and worship and to hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to the churches.  If God is not there then one with the gift of discernment would know that and look to the Lord to guide them to one alive in the Spirit.
And for them churches that are full of pride and or mis-using the finances of the church. Sin won't be hidden long, God is in control, its His battle anyway, He will police His own. Many ministries on TV, have the leader of them that needs to be honest and repent of obvious sins against God and of its members. There are many avenues to go about it as a brother of the King, if and when these fruits are present. But the first thing one would do, is to check in with Him and lift up prayers for our concerns, then stand fast and wait upon the glory of the Lord.
Getting offended is just what the enemy wants. That does not mean we are to be passive, either. The enemy is always out to steal our identity in Christ. If we are using our Armor right we will be alert to his strategies. I personally pray on the Armor of God every morning. Or I feel I'm going on my own strength, not the Spirit's. I'm no match for the enemy alone.

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.  {KJV}

Ephesians 6:18  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with  all kinds of prayer and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep praying for all the saints. {LABNIV}

That "be alert" goes a long way with me, alert always to the wiles of the enemy, which it says in verse 11.
The NIV explains this verse as to be in prayer always, never ceasing, your life as becoming a prayer, {in relationship with Jesus} always talking to God. Praying for all believers and the Christians you know and the church around the world. and for them that are struggling with sin, or are not in the  "Good Soil".
Pray, put on the Armor of God and keep on praying, but be Alert! Because the enemy just wants to get our focus off what Jesus would do in any situation, and try to lure us to sin.

May the Lord bless thee and keep thee.
Only always for Jesus
in the love of a {Hoosier} brother, in Jesus name
ggamble

I WOULD GO INTO THIS SCRIPTURELY, BUT most of us only receive the peices of scripture the validates their point and for humans, that makes sense. but to be perfectly honest with you, you do not have to know rocket science to know when someone is not living a sold out life for christ... THATS NUMBER ONE!

BUT NUMBER TWO...how is it gossip when these wounded young women and men call YOU for prayer or advice after they have been scared?

how is it gossip when the "friends" pop up pregnant?

it turns out that many people turn to me for support in many of these situations, know why? because they have recognized that i am not just talking, but i am praying, fasting, and living this out.

the only reason i voice some of these concerns on this site is because it appeared to be a site where we could have mature christian discussion about  actual issues...i assure you this is not what i discuss in the presence of weaker or baby saints. my mistake because i assumed much of this went without saying!

i don't play with sinners or sin! (those people who consciencely practice sin with no remorse) gods judgement is coming, and the word of god declares that hes going to start right in YOUR church....so we can keep substatuting gods grace for outright sin all we want to but at some point we better tell somebody the truth...and what is true? gods word is true. wisdom will teach you how to use what, when, and where! lets not just play scripture battle to prove each other wrong, lets actually help each other. believe it or not i am open for help...but i do not let the wrong spirit feed me anything even if that spirit is TALKING right! or for the sake of the site typing right. i do not understand what spirit has led us to a place of battle...but i know that everytimesome of you see the name GKB, you prepare to let your viewpoint go the other way...or actually i do understand...i believe in the gifts of the spirit, and i believe there is only one god and not three.

i've expressed that in a way that forced some to re-evaluate their theology which naturally made them uncomfortable. i know thats true, because i never went against the name of jesus, his blood, his body, his word, or his spirit, yet some folk were ready to dismiss me for disagreeing to the point where they made up reasons for it....but thats neither here nor there...i will pull at you and attempt to stretch you spritually proberly everytime you come in contact with me soooo let get ready to be blessed with the truth rather it comes from you or rather the lord sends it through me.

now the truth be told, there are many hyprocrites in the church...period! rather nbc writes about it or you! i do agree with the petition, however between us christians isn't it true? and based on your theories you all shouldn't be judging the people on the stations, but instead quietly praying for them!

or right than be blessed bye-bye now!

i'll proberly go into hiding for a little while cause i know i may be in the cu principle's office in a minute! Grin haha....

truthfully i love you all have a good day today inthe name of jesus!
ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 08:00:53 AM »

Hey Brother.

Don't be offended, calm down, some, maybe make your sentences a little more in detail. And about Sexual PURITY, maybe you should ask your Pastor to preach on it. It's a big issue, I for one know. I played in bands, and took everything that went with it, while backsliding.
Some churches are afraid to touch these issues, which is another story in its self. You missed the whole point of my reply. Praying is the only source I have for ministries I see on TV, say Hinn, that have some concerns. For what TV does in general, is all based on the way the world is, and be not of this world, I don't watch, much of it at all. because I now guard the gatekeeper, my mind of the things my eyes let in.
On the trinity, I believe in the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, they are one in my book. There is only ONE GOD! ONE HOLY SPIRIT,  ONE SON who is Jesus the lamb of God.

WOULD GO INTO THIS SCRIPTURELY, BUT most of us only receive the pieces of scripture the validates their point and for humans, that makes sense. but to be perfectly honest with you, you do not have to know rocket science to know when someone is not living a sold out life for Christ... THATS NUMBER ONE!

BUT NUMBER TWO...how is it gossip when these wounded young women and men call YOU for prayer or advice after they have been scared? qoute GKB

The how I obtained that information, was kind of missing,  I never said you were gossiping, brother, my point was about alertness! Use a little discernment and not look at it like I'm targeting you for anything. Make your sentences more complete with the facts you express. Then them concerns caused because of incompleteness will not pop up the "help this brother get back on track here alert." I cannot read a mans mind,  and on here only what he writes.

Don't read like you want to fight brother, that's the Lord's, read my reply again, humbly. 
Now about judging the people on the stations, I judge not. I see the fruits as like you which is not Rocket science, correct, and praying was what my reply was all about brother!
And I'm totally submitted to Jesus, He is my Lord, my total being, I hear His voice, and I follow His will for me. I'm I perfect,,,, no way, the Holy Spirit will prompt me when I miss the mark and I repent of it, receive the grace and learn from it and press on!

I too, believe in the gifts of the Spirit, use them, in love and pray them out.
Peace brother, I have read lots of your post and you leave stuff out, then here comes a reply, then you can read the offended - ness as you reply back and it would stop alot of confussion, if you put a little more of the story in it. Press on bro, God is for ya, as am I. But if your Pastor is not seeing these issues, tell em. They are his sheep to feed. And accountability is big for a lot of reasons in purity issues. I keep accountable to two brothers, its everyman's battle. Which is a good series of books,  Everyman's Battle, and EveryWoman's Battle.

May the Lord, bless thee and keep thee
Only always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 08:23:08 AM by ggamble » Logged

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2006, 06:51:10 AM »

Hey Brother.

Don't be offended, calm down, some, maybe make your sentences a little more in detail. And about Sexual PURITY, maybe you should ask your Pastor to preach on it. It's a big issue, I for one know. I played in bands, and took everything that went with it, while backsliding.
Some churches are afraid to touch these issues, which is another story in its self. You missed the whole point of my reply. Praying is the only source I have for ministries I see on TV, say Hinn, that have some concerns. For what TV does in general, is all based on the way the world is, and be not of this world, I don't watch, much of it at all. because I now guard the gatekeeper, my mind of the things my eyes let in.
On the trinity, I believe in the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, they are one in my book. There is only ONE GOD! ONE HOLY SPIRIT,  ONE SON who is Jesus the lamb of God.

WOULD GO INTO THIS SCRIPTURELY, BUT most of us only receive the pieces of scripture the validates their point and for humans, that makes sense. but to be perfectly honest with you, you do not have to know rocket science to know when someone is not living a sold out life for Christ... THATS NUMBER ONE!

BUT NUMBER TWO...how is it gossip when these wounded young women and men call YOU for prayer or advice after they have been scared? qoute GKB

The how I obtained that information, was kind of missing,  I never said you were gossiping, brother, my point was about alertness! Use a little discernment and not look at it like I'm targeting you for anything. Make your sentences more complete with the facts you express. Then them concerns caused because of incompleteness will not pop up the "help this brother get back on track here alert." I cannot read a mans mind,  and on here only what he writes.

Don't read like you want to fight brother, that's the Lord's, read my reply again, humbly. 
Now about judging the people on the stations, I judge not. I see the fruits as like you which is not Rocket science, correct, and praying was what my reply was all about brother!
And I'm totally submitted to Jesus, He is my Lord, my total being, I hear His voice, and I follow His will for me. I'm I perfect,,,, no way, the Holy Spirit will prompt me when I miss the mark and I repent of it, receive the grace and learn from it and press on!

I too, believe in the gifts of the Spirit, use them, in love and pray them out.
Peace brother, I have read lots of your post and you leave stuff out, then here comes a reply, then you can read the offended - ness as you reply back and it would stop alot of confussion, if you put a little more of the story in it. Press on bro, God is for ya, as am I. But if your Pastor is not seeing these issues, tell em. They are his sheep to feed. And accountability is big for a lot of reasons in purity issues. I keep accountable to two brothers, its everyman's battle. Which is a good series of books,  Everyman's Battle, and EveryWoman's Battle.

May the Lord, bless thee and keep thee
Only always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

Please forgive me if it appears that i am angry, i am not!

i will make an extra effort to fill in the blanks that may cross a readers mind when i post.

i recieve you advice in love, and i can feel the spirit that you posted this with. so i humbly receive it and i will certainly consider your request in clarifiying some sentences.

THANK YOU FOR CARING ENOUGH TO POST WITH THE SPIRIT of love! thank you brother, that is a love that will always get results, a true spirit of love....wonderful, i applaude you...and  it doesn't matter what your views are.....thanks again.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the