Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:41:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  God's Promises for American Heroes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Promises for American Heroes  (Read 72150 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

Phi 4:11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

The Secret

I've figured out the secret to being happy as a Sailor. And we know, at times, being happy as a Sailor can be a challenge. The secret to being happy is being content and the secret to being content is perspective. One of the reasons I could be content in Bahrain in 129-degree heat is by reminding myself that I wasn't standing watch on a ship as lookout in Alaska freezing my buns off in one of those Alaskan cold fronts. It could always be worse.

We could be much worse off, we could be with out Jesus as our Saviour looking towards a much hotter time. Be content in the Lord.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 04:21:50 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2006, 12:28:27 PM »

Too Many Bosses

Mat 6:24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

We have all had it happen to us. ‘I don't care what he said, I told you to do it my way.’ Two supervisors at odds with one another and you are stuck in the middle. Well fortunately the lines are clear in the spiritual chain of command. You either serve God or the world. It’s your choice.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2006, 10:01:55 AM »

Spiritual R&R

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Military folks work some long hours. There is no such thing as overtime and during deployments you can work 16-hour days (and more) easy. Some of us have gone months without a single day off and have been dog-tired. But life can run you into the ground too. Relationships, disappointments, illness, defeat, and trials can beat us down and we get flat out whupped. Jesus says ‘Come to me...and I will give you rest.’ Take it to Him, spend some time in prayer and the Scripture and get a little R&R.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2006, 10:03:37 AM »

Surprise, Surprise!

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Recently, I had a soldier in my office explaining how he didn't realize he could go to war. He said he had joined for the college money and never dreamed that he might have to actually go into combat. I was amazed! I kind of rubbed the tag above my left breast pocket and reminded him that it didn’t say Wal-Mart. But I think God is amazed as well. When we are confronted with the fiery ordeals of life as Christians and we ask, ‘Why? How did this happen?’ We are in a spiritual war! Check out your tag above your left breast pocket. It says Christian. Keep fighting the good fight!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2006, 10:05:58 AM »

Combat Life-Savers

2Co 1:3  Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
2Co 1:4  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

One thing I like about the Combat Life-Saver Course is giving and receiving an actual IV. You can't pass the course unless you are able to successfully stick the needle in your buddy's arm and safely administer intravenous fluids. It makes the skill practical verses intellectual. I think that's what we encounter when we have endured various trials and God heals our wounds. We have experienced both the pain and the comfort. Then we become compassionate and effective ministers to those in like circumstances. Have you experienced the comfort of God? Pass it on.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2006, 10:33:27 AM »

Fruit Salad

Jer 9:23  Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
Jer 9:24  But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

As men and women in uniform, our eyes are drawn to the left breast pockets of our comrades. We can see the accomplishments and achievements of an individual almost immediately. We have instant bragging rights written all over our uniforms. But is God impressed when He looks at us? Is it about ribbons, tabs, badges, and medals? No, God looks at the heart.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2006, 10:36:39 AM »

No Pain, No Gain

Jam 1:12  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Often soldiers come to me with the desire to be stress free. Reminds me of the time, while driving, I eyed a billboard stating, ‘Live a painless life.’ I laughed so hard I almost wrecked my car. How ridiculous! Anyone who has lived a little bit of life knows ‘it ain't pain free.’ I think you can place goals in to two distinct ventures; pursue happiness and avoid pain. You can boil God's goals down to one: help us become Christ-like. Sometimes our desires and God's are at odds. Don't get me wrong. I like to be happy as much as the next guy, but it's not my ultimate goal. To be like Christ is what we strive for. That's why we call ourselves CHRISTians.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2006, 10:40:52 AM »

I Want to Be...

1Co 13:1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

There are three kinds of Bees; Real Bees, Wanta Bees, and Useta Bees. Authentic Christian living is hallmarked by love for one another. Without love, it's just a lot of buzz.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2006, 10:44:41 AM »

Take Your Instructions from the Tower

Isa 30:21  And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

‘Are we ready on the right? Are we ready on the Left? The firing line is no longer clear...Firers, watch your lane.’ Don't you wish that God's instructions were as loud and clear as the Range Chief In Charge's voice from the tower? Well, actually, they are! I have found the more time I spend in the Bible, reading His Word, the more I hear those words coming back to me all day long. 99% of life's instructions are outlined right there in the Scriptures. And for the other 1% we have the Range Safety (the Holy Spirit) right behind us quietly giving us guidance.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2006, 03:26:21 PM »

Take Your Instructions from the Tower

Isa 30:21  And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

‘Are we ready on the right? Are we ready on the Left? The firing line is no longer clear...Firers, watch your lane.’ Don't you wish that God's instructions were as loud and clear as the Range Chief In Charge's voice from the tower? Well, actually, they are! I have found the more time I spend in the Bible, reading His Word, the more I hear those words coming back to me all day long. 99% of life's instructions are outlined right there in the Scriptures. And for the other 1% we have the Range Safety (the Holy Spirit) right behind us quietly giving us guidance.

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

I really enjoy reading these devotions every day, and I especially like this one. The ultimate TRUTH for a Christian is just this simple. We cause many of our own problems by deviating from the instructions of the Master of the Universe, ALMIGHTY GOD.

Again, I want to tell you that these devotions apply to all of us - not just soldiers. BUT, in reality, we are all Christian Soldiers, hopefully trying to obey the orders and instructions of the ultimate Commander and Chief, ALMIGHTY GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 1:9-10 NASB  God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2006, 03:46:59 PM »

in reality, we are all Christian Soldiers, hopefully trying to obey the orders and instructions of the ultimate Commander and Chief, ALMIGHTY GOD.

Amen, brother, that we are.

I'm glad that you enjoy them brother. I hope that they are of help to others also.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »

The Master of His Trade

Psa 139:13  For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

by Chaplain Wood

I sat on the hood of my Humvee and watched the M1 Tanks refuel. As each one passed by, I'd give them a friendly chaplain's wave. One Tank Commander, covered with dust, peering through shaded goggles, gave me a confident thumbs up with a half cocked smile. I marveled as I thought about the master of his craft riding high on his iron beast. I marveled still more as I began to think about the Master who made him and gave him the gifts that translated into a proficient warrior. It's amazing to think that God has created each one of us with special gifts, talents and abilities so that we may glorify Him in our specific purpose. Live your purpose to the fullest!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »

Takin' Out the Trash

1Jo 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jo 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

by Chaplain Wood

One of the challenges of our deployment to Kuwait was the enormous amount of garbage a Heavy Task Force can generate. Mountains of refuge. Thousands of empty water bottles, MRE packets, package wrappings, and a heap of other stuff that made it all smell foul. But the S4 had a plan for even the garbage. Big trucks were contracted to haul the stuff away before it became a menace. God has a plan for the garbage in our lives too. It's ironic that the base of Golgotha where Christ was crucified was nothing more than smoldering garbage dump. That's where He took on the sins of the world. And we are encouraged to take our trash out by personal confession. Remember to take out the trash daily.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2006, 11:55:18 AM »

Tell It Like It Is

Jam 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jam 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Throughout my career I've had several men whom I’ve respected who could give it to you straight. No beating around the bush, just laying all the cards on the table. James is like that. He goes right at the center of the issue. I think we all need straight shooters in our lives. We need someone to say, ‘If God seems far away, guess who moved.’

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2006, 10:54:13 AM »

A Living Sacrifice

Chaplain Wood

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.

If you want to make a soldier's day, give him a unit coin. As the chaplain at Camp Darby I had the opportunity to assist Task Force Hawk on their way to Kosovo. I was in charge of a Pathfinder team that set up and operated landing zones and the airfield. When the job was done the Colonel handed me five coins. Only one problem. There were six of us on the team. Of course a leader is going to make the sacrifice of personal gain in order to take care of his team, right? I can't say I didn't want one of those coins, but the Army value of selfless service tells me to give to others so I did. God calls us to the same standard. To make the sacrifice of self and live for the Lord. It's about putting Christ and others first.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the