Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:46:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  God's Promises for American Heroes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Promises for American Heroes  (Read 72236 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »

God's Will

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

As human beings with limited understanding, we can never fully understand the will of God. But as believers in a benevolent Father, we must always trust the will of God.

When Jesus went to the Mount of Olives, as described in Luke 22, He poured out His heart to God. Jesus knew of the agony that He was destined to endure, but He also knew that God's will must be done. We, like our Saviour, face trials that bring fear and trembling to the very depths of our souls, but like Christ, we too must ultimately seek God's will not our own.

"Faith is the belief that God will do what is right." Max Lucado

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 10:20:40 AM »

Grief

Mat 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Grief visits all of us who live long and love deeply. When we lose a loved one, or when we experience any other profound loss, darkness overwhelms us for awhile, and it seems as if we cannot summon the strength to face another day - but, with God's help, we can.

When our friends or family members encounter life-shattering events, we struggle to find words that might offer them comfort and support. But finding the right words can be difficult, if not impossible. Thankfully, God promises that He is near to those who have a broken heart (Psalm 34:18). In times of intense sadness, we must turn to Him, and we must encourage our friends and family members to do likewise. When we do, our Father comforts us and, in time, He heals us.

"Tears are permitted to us, but they must glisten in the light of faith and hope." C. H. Spurgeon

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2006, 11:23:41 AM »

Guilt

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All of us have sinned. Sometimes our sins result from our own stubborn rebellion against God. And sometimes, we are swept up in events that are beyond our abilities to control. Under either set of these circumstances, we may experience intense feelings of guilt. But God has an answer for the guilt that we feel. That answer, of course, is His forgiveness. When we confess our wrongdoings and repent from of them, we are forgiven by the One who created us.

Are you troubled by feelings of guilt or regret? If so, you must repent from your misdeeds, and you must ask your Heavenly Father for His forgiveness. When you do so, He will forgive you completely and without reservation. Then, you must forgive yourself just as God has forgiven you: thoroughly and unconditionally.

"Don't be bound by your guilt or your fears any longer, but realize that sin's penalty has already been paid by Christ completely and fully." Billy Graham

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2006, 09:24:42 AM »

Healing

Psa 23:1  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

God's Word has much to say about every aspect of your life, including your health. And, when you encounter concerns of any sort - including health-related challenges - you must remember that God is with you and that He will desert you.

If you are suffering - either physically, emotionally, or spiritually - you should call upon every resource that is available to you, starting with God. So trust your medical doctors to do their part, but put your ultimate trust in a benevolent Heavenly Father, His healing touch, like His love, endures forever.

" He is the God of wholeness and restoration." Stormie Omartian

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2006, 10:20:06 AM »

Honor

Mat 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

As the familiar saying goes, "Honesty is the best policy." But for believers, it is far more important to note that honesty is God's policy. And if we are to be servants worthy of our Saviour, Jesus Christ, we must be honest and forthright in all our dealings with others. Sometimes, honesty is painful. But honesty is always God's way.

Sometimes soon, perhaps even today, you will be tempted to bend the truth or perhaps even to break it. Resist that temptation. Truth is God's way, and it must also be your way, too.

"Peace, if possible, but truth at any rate." Martin Luther

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2006, 04:04:16 PM »

Hope

Psa 71:14  But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

Despite God's promises, despite Christ's love, and despite our countless blessings, we frail human beings can still lose hope from time to time. When we do, we need the encouragement of Christian friends, the life-changing power of prayer, and the healing truth of God;s Holy Word.

If we find ourselves falling into the spiritual trapes of worry and discouragement, we should seek the healing touch of Jesus and the encouraging words of fellow Christians. Even though this world can be a place of trials and struggles, God has promised us peace, joy, and eternal life if we give ourselves to Him. And, of course, God keeps His promises today, tomorrow, and forever.

"Never yield to gloomy anticipation. Place your hope and confidence in God. He has no record of failure." Mrs. Charles E. Cowman

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2006, 04:11:48 PM »

Inner Strength

Mat 7:24  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

The Bible contains promises, made by God, upon which we can and must depend. But sometimes, especially when we find ourselves caught in the inevitable entanglements of life, we fail to trust God completely.

If you are tired, discouraged, worried, or fearful. Find comfort in God's power and trust the promises that He has made to you. If the road ahead becomes rough or if you get lost; call on God. He will find you and protect you and use you according to His purposes. Pray to Him; hear Him; love Him; trust Him, and trust His promises.

"Do not lose faith in God. The grace He gives will be in direct proportion to the amount of sufferings you must bear. No one else can do this except the Creator who made us and knows how to renew our strength by His grace. Fenelon

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 01:08:05 PM »

Jesus

Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our circumstances change but Jesus does not. Even when the world seems to be trembling between our feet, Jesus remains the spiritual bedrock that cannot be moved.

The old familiar hymn begins, "What a friend we have in Jesus ...." No truer words were ever penned. Jesus is the sovereign Friend and ultimare Saviour of mankind. Christ showed enduring love for His believers by willingly sacrificing His own life so that we might have eternal life. Let us love Him, praise Him, and share His message of salvation with our neighbors and with the world.

"The crucial question for each of us is this: What do you think of Jesus, and do you yet have a personal acquaintance with Him?" Hannah Whitall Smith

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »

Kindness

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Kindness is God's commandment. Mat 25:40 warns, "....Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these brethern, ye have done it unto me". When we extend the hand of friendship to those who need it most, God promises His blessings. When we ignore the needs of others - or mistreat them - we risk God's retribution.

Today, slow yourself down and be alert for those who need your smile, your kind words, or your helping hand. Make kindness a centerpiece of your dealings with others. They will be blessed, and you will be too. When you spread a heaping helping of encouragement and hope to the world, you can't help getting a little bit on yourself.

"If we have true love of God in our hearts we will show it in our lives. We will not have to go up and down the earth proclaiming it. We will show it in everything we say or do." D. L. Moody

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 10:33:23 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 10:40:02 AM »

Laughter

Pro 17:22  A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Laughter is medicine for the soul, but sometimes, amid the stresses of the day, we forget to take our medicine. Instead of viewing our world with a mixture of optimism and humour, we allow worries and distractions to rob us of the joy that God intends for our lives.

Even if your circumstances are difficult, you should, to the best of your abilities, approach life with a smile on your lips and hope in your heart. After all, God created laughter for a reason ... and Father indeed knows best. So laugh!

"Mirth is God's medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it." Henry Ward Beecher

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 01:56:31 PM »

Leadership

Rom 12:6  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
Rom 12:7  Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
Rom 12:8  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

If you are in a position of leadership - whether in the Military or as a leader at church, work, home, or school - it's up to you to set the right tone by maintaining a proper attitude and by setting a proper example.

Are you the kind of leader whom you would want to follow. If so, congratulations. But if the answer to that question is no, then it's time to improve your leadership skills, beginning with the words that you speak and the example that you set, but not necessarily in that order.

"You can never separate a leader's actions from his character." John Maxwell

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »

Life

Joh 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Every day that we awaken, we are confronted with countless opportunities to serve God and to worship Him. When we do, He blesses us. But, when we turn our backs to the Creator, or when we are simply too busy to acknowledge His greatness, we do a profound disservice to ourselves, to our families, and to our nation.

Life is a glorious opportunity to place ourselves in the service of the One who is the Giver of all blessings. May we seek His will, thrust His Word, and place Him where He belongs: at the center of our lives.

"Each stage of life has its special duties; by accomplishing them, one may find happiness." St Nicholas of Flue

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2006, 06:36:31 PM »

Love

1Co 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Perhaps your loved ones are removed from you by distance or time. If so, you must remember that love transcends both time and distance.

The familiar words of 1 Corinthians 13 remind us that love is God's commanment. Faith is important, of course. So, too, is hope. Yet sometimes, despite our best intentions, we fail to obey our Lord. When we become embittered with ourselves, with our neighbors, or most specifically with God, we disobey the one who gave His life for us. Christ showed His love for us on the cross, and, as Christians, we are called upon to return Christ's love by sharing it. Today, let us spread Christ's love to families, to friends, and to strangers - by our words and by our deeds.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2006, 06:23:33 AM »

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

Brother, I've been meaning to tell you for some time how much I appreciate these devotion. You are quite right that they are appropriate for everyone, not just members of the Armed Services.

I do give thanks that these devotions address many problems and issues that are common for men and women who place their lives on the line in service to others. But they really address issues that all Christians have from time to time. All Christians need encouragement, strength, and spiritual food from the Holy Bible on a regular basis.

Thanks Brother!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33 NASB  Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 11:04:10 AM »

Miracles

Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Sometimes, because we are imperfect human beings with limited understanding and limited faith, we place limitations on God. But, God's power has no limitations. God will work miracles in our lives if we trust Him with everything we have and everything we are. When we do, we experience the miraculous results of His endless love and His awesome power.

Do you lack the faith that God can work miracles in your own life? If so, it's time to reconsider. Are you a "Doubting Thomas" or a "Negative Ned"? If so, you are attempting to place limitations on a God who has none. Instead, you must wait patiently . . . because something miraculous is about to happen.

"Are you looking for a miracle? If you keep your eyes wide open and trust in God, you won't have to look very far." Marie T. Freeman

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the