Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  God's Promises for American Heroes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Promises for American Heroes  (Read 72006 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2006, 11:16:50 AM »

Obedience

Heb 13:17  Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

All of us are called upon to submit to various forms of authority. In response, we must choose either to obey the orders that we receive - or not. When we obey the honorable directives of our superiors, our obedience is in accordance with God's word.

Phillip Brooks advised, "Be such a person, and live such a life, that if every person were such as you, and every life a life like yours, this earth would be God's Paradise." And that's sound advice because our superiors are watching . . . and, for that matter, so is God.

"He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander." Aristole

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2006, 12:47:41 PM »

Patience

Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that which we do not see, then we wait for it with patience.

Life demands patience . . . and lots of it! We live in an imperfect world inhabited by imperfect people. Sometimes, we inherit troubles from others, and sometimes we create trouble for ourselves. In either case, what's required is patience. Lamentations 3:25-26 reminds us that, "Jehovah is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope for the salvation of Jehovah, even in silence". But, for most of us, waiting quietly for God is difficult. Why? Because we are fallible human beings, sometimes quick to anger and sometimes slow to forgive.

Are you impatient for your Heavenly Father to reveal His plans and to bestow His blessings? If so, remember that the world unfolds according to God's timetable, not our own. Sometimes, we must wait patiently, and that's as it should be. After all, think how patient God has been with us.

"Patience is the companion of wisdom." St Augustine

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »

Peace

Joh 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

As a Godly nation, we seek peace but not peace at all costs. When our nation is threatened, we must defend it or risk losing the liberties that we hold dear. Yet, even when we struggle against forces that would destroy us, we pray for the ultimate victory: lasting peace.

Today, as a gift to yourself, to your family, to your friends, and to your nation, pray for peace in the world and for peace within your soul. Then, claim the inner peace that is your spiritual birthright: the peace that God intends for your life. It is offered freely; it has been paid for in full; it is yours for the asking. So ask, and then share.

"Christ alone can bring lasting peace - peace with God - peace among men and nations - and peace within our hearts." Billy Graham

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 10:17:04 AM »

Perseverance

Gal 6:9  And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

As Americans living in a difficult and dangerous world, we know that the key to success, both as individuals and as a nation, is often nothing more than a willingness to persevere. Sometimes, however, when the storm clouds form overhead and we find ourselves in the dark valley of despair, our faith is stretched to the breaking point. Yet whereever we find ourselves, whether at the top of the mountain or the depths of the valley, God is there, and because He cares for us, we can live courageously.

The next time you find your courage tested to the limit, remember that God is as near as your next breath, and remember that He offers strength and comfort to His children. Whatever your challenge, whatever your trouble, God can help you persevere. And will.

"Keep adding, keep walking, keep advancing; do not stop, do not turn back, do not turn from the straight road." St Augustine

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 03:36:29 PM »

Prayer

1Th 5:16  Rejoice evermore.
1Th 5:17  Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Prayer changes things and it changes us. Today, instead of turning things over in your mind, turn them over to God in prayer. Instead of worrying about your next decision, decide to let God lead the way.

When you weave the habit of prayer into the very fabric of your day, you invite God to become a partner in every aspect of your life. So don't limit your prayers to meals or to bedtime. Pray constantly about things great and small. God is listening, and He wants to hear from you. Now.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »

Renewal

Isa 40:31  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

When we genuinely lift our hearts and prayers to God, He renews our strength. Are you almost too weary to lift your head? Then bow it. Offer your concerns and your fears to your Father in heaven. He is always at your side, offering His love and His strength.

Are you weak or worried? Delve deeply into God's Holy Word and sense His presence in quiet moments of meditation and prayer. Are you spiritually exhausted? Call upon fellow believers to support you, and call upon Christ to renew your spirit and your life. Your Saviour will never let you down.

"God is not running an antique shop. He is making all things new." Vance Havner

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 05:48:42 PM »

Sacrifice

2Co 9:7  Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
2Co 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

The fight for freedom is not a dress rehearsal; it takes place in a real world with real enemies and real dangers. And the American Dream is alive and well because of the brave men and women who serve and protect us.

As Americans of this generation, we have a grand opportunity: we can leave an enduring legacy to our children. That legacy, of course, is a nation strong and free, and we, as protectors of liberty's flame, must do our utmost to leave to the next generation a better nation than the one we received from the last.

May our own personal sacrifices be worthy of those who sacrificed so much to ensure that the Dream would never die. And may God Bless America forever.

"We must be willing, individually and as a nation, to accept whatever sacrifices may be required of us. A nation that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D Eisenhower

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2006, 12:11:56 PM »

Those Who Serve

Mat 20:26  But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mat 20:27  And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Mat 20:28  Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

America owes its undying gratitude to those brave men and women who serve in our Armed Forces. Without them, the promise of this great nation would remain unfulfilled.

Since its earliest days, America has truly been "one nation, under God." And, the word of God instructs us that service to others is one way of fulfilling His purpose here on earth. Romans 12:10 reminds us, " Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love". Thankfully, Americans of every generation have heeded these words.

If you have chosen a life of service, please accept the profound thanks of Americans everywhere. And above all, keep up the good work . . . Uncle Sam still needs you, and so do the rest of us.

"We Americans understand freedom; we have earned it, we have lived for it, and we have died for it. This nation and its people are freedom's models in a searching world. We can be freedom's missionaries in a doubting world." Barry Goldwater

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2006, 11:24:44 AM »

Those Who Wait

Lam 3:25  The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Lam 3:26  It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

If you've chosen a life of Military or government service, you know that your family pays a price for the sacrifices you make. If you work extended hours, Your family feels your absence. If you travel far from home, your family waits anxiously for your return. If you place your life in danger, your family wonders and worries . . . constantly.

America pays tribute to its heroes, of course, but she also pays tribute to those who keep the home fires burning. A grateful nation celebrates "those who wait" because, as we all know, families also serve.

"They also serve who only stand and wait." John Milton

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2006, 09:02:45 AM »

Wisdom

Psa 111:10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Wisdom is built slowly over a lifetime. It is the sum of every right decision and every honorable deed. It requires the willingness to learn from past mistakes and the faith to seek God's will in decisions both great and small. Wisdom results from countless hours spent in heartfelt prayer. It is forged on the anvil of honorable work and polished by the twin virtues of generosity and humility. Wisdom is a priceless thing, and in today's ever-changing world, America needs it desperately.

Today, let us pray for our leaders, that they might possess the insight and the judgement to direct our nation during this time of adversity and change. And, may God grant us, this generation of American citizens, the collective wisdom to select our leaders wisely and the courage to protect our freedoms vigorously.

"Knowledge is horizontal. Wisdom is vertical; it comes down from above." Billy Graham

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2006, 12:43:57 PM »

Pastor Roger Said:

Today, let us pray for our leaders, that they might possess the insight and the judgement to direct our nation during this time of adversity and change. And, may God grant us, this generation of American citizens, the collective wisdom to select our leaders wisely and the courage to protect our freedoms vigorously.

"Knowledge is horizontal. Wisdom is vertical; it comes down from above." Billy Graham

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

All Christians should pray for our leaders every day, and that's regardless of whether we like them and agree with them or not. Brothers and Sisters, we should also be praying for those who put their lives on the line to serve us every day.

Brothers and Sisters, our prayers are not a matter of politics, rather they are a matter of Christian love and duty. I'm not suggesting that you force yourself to pray, rather that you pray with a heart of Christian love.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:35 NASB  You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.

Psalms 18:2 NASB  The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2006, 12:31:25 PM »

Worry

Phi 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

If you risk life and limb in service of our country - or if your loved one has chosen to serve and protect America - it is inevitable: You worry. From time to time, you worry about safety, health, finances, family, and countless other concerns, some great and some small.

What should you do when the uncertainties of tomorrow trouble your soul and drain your strength? Take your troubles to God. Take your fears to Him; take your doubts to Him; take your weaknesses to Him; take your sorrows to Him . . . and leave them there. Seek protection from the one who offers you eternal salvation; build your spiritual house upon the Rock that cannot be moved.

"Worry and anxiety are sand in the machinery of life; faith is the oil." E. Stanley Jones

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2006, 12:25:38 PM »

Worship

Psa 122:1  I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.

All of mankind is engaged in worship . . . of one kind or another. The question is not if we worship, but what we worship. Some of us choose to worship God. The result is a plentiful harvest of joy, peace, and abumdance. Others distance themselves from God by foolishly worshipping things of this earth such as fame, fortune, or personal gratification. To do so is a terrible mistake with eternal consequences.

When we worship God, either alone or in the company of fellow believers, we are blessed. When we fail to worship God, for whatever reason, we forfeit the spiritual riches that are rightfully ours. Every day provides opportunities to put God where He belongs: at the center of our lives. Let us worship Him and only Him, today and always.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2006, 04:07:42 AM »

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I can remember walking down the steps of the barracks as a brand new seaman recruit in fresh spit shine and starch. As a newby in the Navy I was on cloud nine and had the world by the tail. The Navy had changed me. I was a new man. This is a lot like when we come to faith in Christ. We are changed. We are regenerated into new men and women. Of course much of this has to do with our standing with God but we also see a new attitude, new actions, and new motivation to live the Christian life. You are a New Creation.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 04:12:24 AM »

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

No Go

By Chaplain Chuck Wood

I think I have the record for the number of tries for the Expert Infantrymen's Badge (EIB). It took me eight times to finally get the coveted award. It was kind of humiliating as an E7 being told by an E4, ‘Sergeant, you are a NO GO at this station.’ Failure can be a bitter experience but we all have tasted it. The Bible says, ‘You are a NO GO at this station called life.’ But where there is no mercy with the EIB there is with God. The Bible also says there is forgiveness for those who acknowledge their shortcomings and trust in the work done on the cross. Thank God for mercy through Jesus Christ!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the