Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:44:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Born Again! What Happened?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Born Again! What Happened?  (Read 14880 times)
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »

The general tenor of Scripture is that once a person is born again, they CANNOT lose their salvation. Due to many reasons. I may even venture to conjecture that Israel is a magnificent picture of this. Over and over and over again they've screwed up to put it succinctly. Yet, they are still God's nation. Have they lose their place as the Treasure of God's eye, or His chosen people? No. Salvation is come first to the Jew then the Gentiles if I remember Romans states. To say that we could lose our salvation would mean that God would go back on His Word. Is it not true that God is not willing that ANY should perish, but all come to everlasting life? If this is true, then why should He go back on His word. If we lost our salvation, we would be in essense going back to that unregenerate and totally depraved state (and unwilling and unable to come to Christ of our own free will) that we were before the Holy Spirit stepped into our lives. God initiates Salvation ONCE. Not over and over again. The author of Hebrews understood this. Hence why he penned the words in 6:4-6. You can't get any more exact than that. Go look at the greek if you don't believe me. This is not directed at anyone, but I will offer up this challenge. DO NOT have your ears itched and just take on a whim what someone else tells you. Instead search it yourself. That will mean getting down to the core structure of the sentence and the language it is written in. I've studied it myself. I am a second semester freshman at a christian university where our motto is "Christ makes the difference" I am about to enter into Theological Research and Writing and Greek 1 my next semester. Make the jump and dive into God's truths. Quit using the overused church terminology that is so prevalent in today's church and use a biblically based, systematic theology, THEN you'll understand the deeper truths of God. And I will conjecture to state that the eternal security of the believer is one of those truths. Why? because I know it personally to be true. Now if some would question am I saved...good for them, but I kn ow my creator and my sustainer. Just a few thoughts.

Coram Deo,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2006, 07:16:21 PM »

Before i continue with the topic, i would like to tell everyone that please don't (especially when addressing me).. please don't say that it is the fault of othere people or my church (or any church).  I am responsible for i say (i don't want somebody else blamed about it). Jesus will judge me for what i do or say (accept) not what other told me.

Now going back to the topic, i have two question

In Corinthians, he is talking to Christians right? What happen then to the person in I Corinthinas Chapter 5? The person who is a fornicator/adulterer?  If he will not repent is he saved?

In Galatians, he is talking also tho Christains right? What does verse one means? And Why would he tell them again about Adultery,fornications and others; and warn them that those who do this will not inherit the the kingdom of God?

I hope God will use someone to answer this and if i am in the darkness in this, light will come.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »

In Corinthians, he is talking to Christians right? What happen then to the person in I Corinthinas Chapter 5? The person who is a fornicator/adulterer?  If he will not repent is he saved?

He is talking to the church here in Corinth not necessarily all Christians. As we all know it is possible for some to attend church all their lives and still not be saved. In this situation there were people of influence that were telling the Christians that it was ok to continue in their sins without regard to the teachings of Christ and without feeling any convictions for doing so.

In Galatians, he is talking also tho Christains right? What does verse one means?

Which verse 1 do you mean here, there are 6 chapters? Chapter 5? That is the chapter in which Paul specifically mentions fornication. We have the statement in this verse of  "liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." This is saying that we are not under the law (bondage), it does not mean that we are to take all liberties and sin as we desire. When a person is saved such things will be known to us as wrong and we should do all we can to attempt not to do them. It does not mean that if we have a moment of weakness that we will be condemned to death.

In both of these situations Paul was talking about individuals that did not want to change nor try to follow God. By not trying to follow in the Steps of Jesus they were rejecting him right from the very start. If we truly love Jesus we will attempt to do what is right.

1Jo 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1Jo 3:19  And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1Jo 3:20  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jo 3:21  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

Joh 3:21  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2006, 08:25:16 PM »

He is talking to the church here in Corinth not necessarily all Christians. As we all know it is possible for some to attend church all their lives and still not be saved. In this situation there were people of influence that were telling the Christians that it was ok to continue in their sins without regard to the teachings of Christ and without feeling any convictions for doing so.

I know a Christian who have received Jesus Christ, a Christian who was really passionate to saved a soul. And who for a long time have been living a Christian life.  Because of he is passionate in saving life he told us that he will talk to the prostitutes. What he did is go to the night clubs and really talk to them.  We talked to him that he will be tempted there but he said who will go to them. so he goes almost every week, then everyday. I do not what happened coz' he was not able to come to church one time and i heard that he is committing adultery.  Some talked to him about it but he just slowly went his way and he transferred to another town. I do not know what happened but I grieved for him. Now Pastor Roger, if the man did not repent, is the man saved still?

Which verse 1 do you mean here, there are 6 chapters? Chapter 5? That is the chapter in which Paul specifically mentions fornication. We have the statement in this verse of  "liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." This is saying that we are not under the law (bondage), it does not mean that we are to take all liberties and sin as we desire. When a person is saved such things will be known to us as wrong and we should do all we can to attempt not to do them. It does not mean that if we have a moment of weakness that we will be condemned to death.

I am tlaking about chapter 5

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2006, 08:39:07 PM »

Now Pastor Roger, if the man did not repent, is the man saved still?

Was this man really saved to begin with? It is not my place to say yes or no for only God knows the hearts of men. There are those I am sure that confess with the mouth but do not serve Him with their heart.

Mat 15:8  This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

These people will go through the motions, saying the right things with their mouth, and may do the right things but their heart is not truthfully where it belongs.

Yes, if he confesses with his mouth and his heart he will be saved.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:00:57 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2006, 11:45:31 PM »

Greetings Friends,

Amen Pastor Roger, here is something I came across in a devotional this past week something very deep to consider and meditate on that Oswald Chambers brings out from these three words "If any Man" and  "option with it".  The scriptures in these shed some light on these last replies on this thread. 

There is nothing easier than getting saved because it is  God's sovereign work - Come unto Me and I will save you. Our Lord never lays down the conditions of discipleship as the conditions of salvation. We are condemned to salvation through the Cross of Jesus Christ. Discipleship has an option with it -- "If any man......"
                         Quoted  from "My Utmost for His Highest" Oswald Chambers  ** Feb, 2 ----

Luke 9:23  And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.  {KJV}
Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. {KJV}
Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. {KJV}
Heb 10:38  Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. {KJV}
1Jo 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. {KJV}

Some other verses that give that "option with it"  in the truth, His Word.

John 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments. {KJV}
John 14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. {KJV}
John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. {KJV}

These sheds light on and, to the next verse.

John 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. {KJV}

May the Lord bless thee and keep thee
Only Always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the