Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:45:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Born Again! What Happened?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Born Again! What Happened?  (Read 14857 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 10:50:29 PM »

Hello GGamble,

All of these and more, with the exception of My Utmost for His Highest, is regularly posted on Christians Unite. You can also get free subscriptions for them to be sent by Christians Unite daily.

I really enjoy quite a few daily devotions as a supplement to my regular Bible study, and they give me some really good ideas for additional Bible study. I'm a little bit behind in getting some of them posted right now due to Christmas, family visiting, and ISP problems, but I'll get caught up. The Christians Unite subscriptions are automated by computer, so they are nearly always up to date. There are also quite a few other excellent devotions on the forum with free email subscriptions.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 11:1-3 NASB  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the men of old gained approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.

GKB

MY GREATEST SEEK, IS TO KNOW JESUS MORE

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2005, 03:57:56 AM »

this is  such an interesting and joyous site.

let me just say this and than i'm going to leave it. we claim to know so much, instead of just humbling ourselves and just admiting we are still learning....no one but god is the authority and so we better yeild to him before we go preaching things that will put his children in danger.

IF ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED WERE TRUE, THE DEVIL WOULD LEAVE YOU ALONE AFTER YOU GOT SAVED. the devil banks on our ignorance... if osas were true, than why does the devil bother to still tempt us? for what? he only tried to tempt jesus when he thought there was a chance he could trick him. its a shame to say, but to often the devil knows more about what matters than what us christians and religious leaders claims to know. think what you want to think, the devil knows that if he can trick you into sin, he can get you into hell....there must be some consequence otherwise he'd leave you alone.....

come on christians....we are on the battlefeild! when lust is conceived it brings forth sin, and sin when it is finished brings forth death!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2005, 05:07:40 AM »

Hello Brother GKB,

You are certainly right about all of us learning, and the same would still be true if we studied day and night for hundreds of years.

I can easily give you many reasons why the devil attacks Christians. He wants us to be weak, living in defeat, not strong enough to witness to others, and that would also include the members of our own family. A strong Christian living every day in the Victory of JESUS is a nightmare for the devil. The devil can't snatch us away from JESUS CHRIST, but the devil might be able to create enough doubt and other negative things that we would just be another defeated and barren Christian.

The devil knows that he can't break the SEAL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, and he certainly knows that he can't drive the HOLY SPIRIT out of our hearts. No power can break the SEAL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, and No power can cause GOD to break HIS promise of eternal life. The Holy Spirit is also part of that PROMISE, along with many other things that haven't even been mentioned here yet. In fact, there is a long list of ABSOLUTE FACTS regarding Salvation. If a single one of those facts are untrue, it would make GOD a liar, and that IS NOT possible. We all know that the devil would love to make people doubt the Word and Promises of GOD and make GOD a liar. In all reality, "Once Saved - NOT Always Saved" does call GOD a liar on a lengthy list of Promises connected to Salvation.

I have no problem at all in believing that a person was never saved in the first place and was simply warming a spot on a church pew. BUT, if a person is TRULY Saved, the Promises of GOD will be kept perfectly. I know that nobody here is intentionally hinting that GOD could or would lie. I would make this extremely simple:  If GOD says that you have eternal life in JESUS - COUNT IT SO AND DONE!!  If GOD said it, there is only one thing for us to say: Amen! - It is so!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

John 10:27-28 NASB  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 04:59:34 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2006, 10:51:52 PM »

I TOO BELIEVE IN BORN AGAIN!
Being BORN AGAIN ?Is a 2nd BIRTH.This birth is of our spirits.The 1st birth is of adam the 2nd is of the 2nd adam .JESUS CHRIST .It is a real birth ,just as profound as the 1st birth.
We become NEW CREATURES like never before our example JESUS CHRIST!.
1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
THIS IS WHO WE ARE LIKE ,ONCE WE HAVE BEEN BORN OF GOD!
Jam 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Gal 6:18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
BECAUSE OUR NEW SPIRITS ARE PERFECT AND KEPT BY JESUS CHRIST FOREVER PERFECT!
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
ph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
those born of GOD ,can not sin1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

And I believe when 1st born od gOD ,we are babys in the spirit.And grow by the living WORD.Then we need to learn to walk in our new creature.This is walking in our spirits,led by HIS SPIRIT!
Luk 10:21  In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Luk 10:20  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
THE POWER IS IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!
WE ARE COUNTED AS THE FAMILY OF GOD,HERE OR THERE!
Eph 3:15  Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
WE ARE TO HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOLY GHOST!

2Co 13:14  The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
 Luk 11:13  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Joh 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
1Jo 2:27  But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
HE GETS ALL THE GLORY AND HONOR,BECAUSE HE DOES IT ALL!
1Pe 1:5  Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Rom 4:8  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

The new creature cannot sin ,so?He cannot lose salvation!
1Jo 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 11:09:01 PM »

AMEN! and well said Gary!!

Welcome back to the new, and improved Christians Unite forums Gary!

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2006, 10:41:11 AM »

this is  such an interesting and joyous site.

let me just say this and than i'm going to leave it. we claim to know so much, instead of just humbling ourselves and just admiting we are still learning....no one but god is the authority and so we better yeild to him before we go preaching things that will put his children in danger.

IF ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED WERE TRUE, THE DEVIL WOULD LEAVE YOU ALONE AFTER YOU GOT SAVED. the devil banks on our ignorance... if osas were true, than why does the devil bother to still tempt us? for what? he only tried to tempt jesus when he thought there was a chance he could trick him. its a shame to say, but to often the devil knows more about what matters than what us christians and religious leaders claims to know. think what you want to think, the devil knows that if he can trick you into sin, he can get you into hell....there must be some consequence otherwise he'd leave you alone.....

come on christians....we are on the battlefeild! when lust is conceived it brings forth sin, and sin when it is finished brings forth death!

Leaving?  You can't leave!  We'll have to hunt you down and tape your hands to your keyboard Brother and make you keep typing!   Grin  Seriously, agree to disagree, but don't leave.  We'd miss ya.   Smiley

Personally, I believe OSAS.  Remember my friend, logic is good, but sometimes can get us into trouble.  The logic that says our continued salvation is dependent upon our resisting the devil's temptation...gives the devil power over God!  Does he truly have that?  Reread the book of Job and then think about this question again.  But, likewise, the logic that says OSAS so I can live any way I want puts us with our backs to the battlefield and, "sin when it is finished brings forth death."  That's one less light to shine before men.  That's one light that will be with Jesus, but with nothing but His blood to show for it.

I truly believe that I'm saved for good regardless of what I do.  But because of what He did for me, I want to do what's best in, and for Him.  And if you don't believe the same as me...Jesus Christ and Him crucified...we'll get over it.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2006, 10:41:14 PM »

HE PAID A MIGHTY HIGH PRICE FOR US!And will not let us go,once we become HIS CHILD!
Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.
1Pe 1:4  To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5  Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1Co 5:5  To deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

THANK YOU DREAM WEAVER!BLESS YOU!

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 05:00:15 AM »

PRAISE THE LORD BROTHERS AND SITERS,

thank you all for the wonderful feed back! but let me ask you, what do you make of hewbrews 6:4-6:6 FOR IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO WERE ONCE ENLIGHTENED, AND HAVE TASTED OF THE HEAVENLY GIFT, AND WERE PARTAKERS OF THE HOLY GHOST, AND HAVE TASTED THE GOOD WORD OF GOD, AND THE POWERS OF THE WORLD TO COME, IF THEY SHALL FALL AWAY TO RENEW THEM AGAIN UNTO REPENTENCE; SEEING THEY CRUCIFY TO THEMSELVES THE SON OF GOD AFRESH,AND PUT HIM TO AN OPEN SHAME.

or lets take hewbrews 10:26? for if we sin willfully after that we have received knowledge of the truth, THERE REMAINS NO MORE SACRAFICE FOR SINS,.( you could read on further if you like)!

sin breaks fellowship with god, so how can we willfully do it and still gain the kingdom of heaven?

how about luke 9:62 AND JESUS SAID UNTO HIM, NO MAN, HAVING PUT HIS HAND TO THE PLOW AND LOOKING BACK IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD! this he said to a man who wanted to go back to his family, how much more to those who go back to sin?

you know, what i'm finding is that if we search hard enough we could find scripture to back up sin (which is what the devil specializes in) i have had a man use scripture to show me that homosexuallity was alright by god, and if i didn't know what i know about the lord, he could have very well tricked me....according to him, it was right there in the scripture.

i'm saying that to say this,  i could use scripture to make any situation go my way if i am a skilled manipulator... i'm not saying thats anybody here, but i know god would not tell me not to sin, i go outright disobey him and sin, and still go to heaven....i don't even have to repent or nothing....that is far from the truth. did god give his word and say, here are the commandments, but do what ever you want you'll go to heaven anyway!

well, i will do my best to stay free of willful sins, and repent of those that i make or make and not know of...because living holy is in my best interest....and yours too.

check out the story of noah, than check out the story of moses.....these folk were warned!
ggamble

My hope is in my calling.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 06:58:10 AM »

Brother GKB,

That's all ready in here too, I commented on the same thing and there is explaination in study on Hebrews 6, in one of my replies, read the whole thing here, alot has been covered.

Only always for Jesus
in the love of a brother
ggamble

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006, 01:10:41 AM »

The new birth is as real as the first birth.  The Lord Jesus Christ said to Nicodemus, "that which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (John 3:6)."

When a child is born into the world, a new life comes into existence.  This life has a human nature, which is sinful.  It is therefore subject to death.  This is the birth that Jesus called "the flesh" and the result of that birth is flesh.  This life cannot change its nature.  It is as the grass that withers, and as a flower that falls away (I Peter 1:24).  To be saved does not mean that this life which is born of the flesh is changed or made over.  This cannot happen, for its nature cannot be changed.  That is the condition that makes the new birth imperative.  The only thing God can do with the flesh is to judge it, and judgment results in condemnation and execution (Romans 8:3, Galatians 2:19: Romans 6:6).

The new birth is a birth of the Spirit.  It is to be "...born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:13)."  Peter says, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever (I Peter 1:23)."  This seed not only lives forever, but it has also been revealed that it remains in the one who is born of God (I John 3:9).  Such a life must be eternal and that is what Jesus said it is (John 3:16).  That life which is eternal cannot die.  All who are born of incorruptible seed have an incorruptible nature and have eternal life.  It is impossible for such to be lost, for that would mean the corruption of the divine nature and the death of that which cannot die.  By the new birth, one who has already been born into the human race is born into the Spiritual realm, that is, the Kingdom of God.  This is the only way to see or enter that realm (John 3:3,5).

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature (creation): old things are passed away; behold all things are become new (II Corinthians 5:17)."  This verse speaks of the old conditions, which existed for the unsaved man, as passed away, and behold, all brand new conditions exist for the saved man - the one who is born again.

When the new birth takes place many irreversible things take place.  The Bible states that the one who is born again has:

1)     Received everlasting life (John 3:16)
2)     Been born again (I John 5:1)
3)     Been born of incorruptible seed (I Peter 1:23)
4)     This incorruptible seed remaining in him (I John 3:9)
5)     Become a son of God (John 1:12)
6)     Become a new creation (II Corinthians 5:17)
7)     Been passed from death unto life (John 5:24)
Cool     Been exempted from future condemnation (John 5:24)
9)     Been redeemed from under the law (Galatians 4:5)
10)     Been redeemed from the curse of the law (Galatians 4:5)
11)     Become dead to the law (Romans 7:4)
12)     Received an eternal redemption (Hebrews 9:12)
13)     Been reconciled to God (II Corinthians 5:18)
14)     Peace with God (Romans 5:1)
15)     Been justified (Romans 5:1)
16)     All trespasses forgiven him (Colossians 2:13)
17)     Been delivered from the power of darkness (Colossians 1:13)
18)     Been translated into the kingdom of the Son of God (Colossians 1:13)
19)     Been perfected forever (Hebrews 10:14)
20)     His sins no more remembered (Hebrews 10:17)
21)     His sins removed as far as the East is from the West (Psalms 103:12)
22)     Been made complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
23)     Been accepted of God (Ephesians 1:6)
24)     Been born of the Spirit of God (John 3:6)
25)     Been baptized by the Spirit of God (I Corinthians 12:13)
26)     Been indwelt by the Spirit of God (I Corinthians 6:19-20)
27)     Been sealed with God's Spirit (Ephesians 1:13)
28)     Become the object of God's love (Ephesians 2:4)
29)     Become the object of God's grace (Romans 6:14)
30)     Become the object of God's power (Ephesians 1:19)
31)     Become the object of God's faithfulness (I Corinthians 1:9)
32)     Become a citizen of heaven (Ephesians 2:19, Philippians 3:20)
33)     Been seated with Christ in the heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6)
34)     Been already glorified (Romans 8:30)
35)     Been given a home in heaven (John 14:1-3)
36)     Been kept by the power of God (I Peter 1:5)
37)     Been crucified with Christ (Galatians (2:20)
38)     Been buried with Christ (Romans 6:4)
39)     Been resurrected with Christ (Ephesians 2:6)

All of the above plus many other things are true about one who has trusted Jesus Christ as his Savior and as a result become born-again.  Not a single individual who has been born into the human race has been able to remove himself from it.  Many have committed suicide, but all they have done is to shorten the days of their earthly existence.  Their existence still continues on and on into the eternity of the future.  Still some teach that one who has been saved can be lost.  By analogy with the human race, this is impossible.  A person cannot become unborn physically, nor can he become unborn spiritually.  No provision is given in the Word of God for one to become unborn.  "That which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of Spirit is spirit (John 3:6)."

One only becomes born-again once.  Nowhere does this imply that you become born again, then unborn, then born again, then unborn, and so on.  Once you trust Christ and are born-again all of the above list of things happen to you.  If you could be unborn, all would have to be made void, but all of the above list is eternal and irreversible.

Jesus promised the believer, "...I will in no wise cast you out (John 6:37)."  Also, Jesus said of those that are saved, "...I should lose nothing, but should raise it (them) up again at the last day (John 6:39)."  Jesus promised that he would never lose a person who was saved.  If one person were ever lost after having been born-again, then Jesus would be a liar.  Friend, that can never happen.  (See Titus 1:2).

The only ground upon which God does anything for man is the gift of His Own Son.  "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE (John 3:16)."

What happened when you trusted Christ?  At least 39 things happened that make it impossible for you to ever be lost!  Praise the Lord!

Great post. Thank you
God bless you,
bluelake
BLAD

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2006, 05:59:37 AM »

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. (Revelation 3:5 - KJV)
  This means that when you do not repent from our sin we will be blotted out in the book of life.

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:26-30 - KJV)
those who already received Jesus and sin but do not repent will be severely punished.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell,severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. (Romans 11:20-22 - KJV)
if we are receptive to God's warnings against sin and we harden our hearts, we will be cut off from the branch (Jesus Christ)

So, we should focus our eyes, hearts and minds to God.  Keep watch of our actions and our heart. Repent when you have sinned.
GKB

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2006, 06:18:38 AM »

excellent blad.

i have made these points, but not many agree, and thats ok...

MY PEOPLE ARE DESTROYED FOR THEIR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE: HOSEA 4:6
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 08:15:38 AM »

Blad and GKB,

If you honestly believe that a sin will cause GOD to break His Promises, I feel sorry for you. If that were true, AND IT'S NOT, nobody would be Saved and nobody would ever have any assurance of Salvation.

In plain English:  1) If a man claims to have no sin, including a Christian, the truth is not in him; 2) The only righteousness a man has is in JESUS because a man's own righteousness is as filthy rags; 3) if you are depending upon yourself for Salvation by being righteous, obeying the law, or being holy in and of yourself, you are lost.

Neither of you have a single thing to make you worthy of Salvation. You either have total faith in JESUS CHRIST and His finished work on the Cross, or you are lost. It's really just as simple as that. Your confusion comes by isolating Scriptures and forming beliefs based on gross misunderstanding. Both of you need to study the Scriptures in context before you will have a chance of understanding them.

Bluntly - you either have the Blood of JESUS or your have nothing. The Law never saved anyone, nor will it ever save anyone.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:20-21 NASB  The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 10:21:59 AM »

Amen Brother Tom,

Even Moses who presented the laws to the people was not able to keep the laws, Abraham was not able to maintain righteousness and neither was David. Yet all of these were counted as righteous before the Lord through faith of the hope in the promises of God.

Gal 3:5  He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6  Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7  Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8  And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9  So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10  For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pilgrim

Jesus is Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2006, 12:23:56 PM »

Hello Blad, GKB,

The Bible teaches that when a person becomes a Christian that they are born of God and are a new creation. The Bible teaches that the part that is born again cannot sin and is incorruptible. I asked many people who believe a true Christian can lose their salvation what happens to the “New Man” when this happens. None have answered so far. Seeing that the “New Man” cannot sin and is incorruptible how can a true Christian lose their salvation? What happens to the “New Man” if a person truly could lose their salvation?

1Pe 1:23 “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

1Jo 3:9 “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.”

2Co 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

The part that God creates in us at our new birth is referred to as the new man.

Eph 4:24 “And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”

Col 3:10 “And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:”

Yet, while we live in these fleshly bodies there is a part of us that is prone to sin and in fact cannot even submit to God. Paul recognized this in the book of Romans.

Rom 7:15 “For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.”

Rom 8:7 “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”

This is why a true Christian who is involved in sin is most miserable. There is a part of him that continues to rebel against God if allowed control of the soul, and a part of him that seeks to serve God if allowed to control the soul. This is why victory in Christ is simple in doctrine (walk in the Spirit) yet sometimes difficult in practice. When we sin it is because we yield to the flesh rather than the Spirit. When we please God it is because we yield to the new man which walks in the Spirit. As long as a Christian remains in their fleshly body they will struggle with the flesh.

The wilful sin mentioned in Hebrews 10 is not talking about sin in general, but of a specific sin, that sin of apostasy if it were possible. Instead of teaching that one can lose their salvation the passage teaches just the opposite if rightly understood.

http://www.nlbchapel.org/heb6.htm

“Hebrews 10:26 “ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,  27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  28  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:  29  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?”

The argument is something like this. If it were possible for a true Christian to sin willfully after receiving the gospel truth by rejecting it and therefore losing their salvation, there would be no hope of him ever getting saved again. The only thing awaiting him is the fiery indignation of God seeing that he has trodden under foot the Lord Jesus Christ and counted His blood by which he was saved an unholy thing. The only way of salvation is through the blood of Jesus and if a true Christian COULD reject this then there is no hope for him, seeing he rejected the only thing that could save his soul.

The hypothetical is the only way I know of that allows these verses to fall in perfect harmony with the rest of Scriptures. I hope this may help some. May God open all of our eyes of understanding.”

If interested you can read the whole article here: http://www.nlbchapel.org/heb6.htm

Pilgrim

New Life Bible Chapel
http://www.nlbchapel.org
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the