Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ways that God the Father fully resides in Christ thus making Him God.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ways that God the Father fully resides in Christ thus making Him God.  (Read 8893 times)
marc_serv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:01 AM »

Ways that God the Father fully resides in Christ thus making Him God(Father)

1. The Father give His own Name to the Son.
2. The Father give all His power to the Son.
3. The Father manifested thru the Son.
4. The Father glorified in the Son.
5. The Son submitted himself to the Father.
5. Jesus Christ will be sitting to the only one throne of God in  
    heaven.
6. The glory of God is in the face of Jesus.
7. The Holy Ghost(God's power overshadow) who came to the
    womb of Mary, and not God the Son of Trinitarian who
    came to Mary.

Jesus Christ maneuver the power of God that was all given unto Him while God take control of Him.

God = Power
fullness of God = all power of God

A Oneness preacher by the name of Michael Servetus taught- "I do not separate Christ from God any more than a voice from the speaker or a ray from the sun... An amazing mystery it is that God can thus be conjoined with man and man with God. A great wonder that God has taken to himself the body of Christ that it should be his peculiar dwelling place..." -Quoted in Hunted Heretic, R. Bainton, Beacon Press, p. 49.
Calvin became so angry over the writings of Michael Servetus (1511-1556 A.D.), who taught against the Trinity, and taught One God, that he had Servetus burned at the stake in Geneva... Although Calvin must bear the primary guilt of the murder of Servetus, many other Catholics and Protestants were in favor of it." --Ancient Champions of Oneness, W.B. Chalfant, Word Aflame Press, p. 153.
pocket

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 08:02:46 PM »

Michael Servetus
is well known for
using  his human reasoning power to reject  scripture's teaching
on One true God in three person's.
John 20:17
And  
John calvin is well known for using  his human  reasoning power  to go against scripture's
teaching that Christ Died for all winning all people  forgivness of sin's and a home in Heaven with Jesus.
2nd corinthians 5:18-19

both were very reasonable men.

Hopefuly none of us will not be  so reasonable .

Christianity needs "not" to be made "reasonable".
for it is human  reason that  needs to be made more Christian.
Romans 11:33-36

human  reason needs to hold it self "captive to Scripture".
Gods word! 2 corinthians 10:5

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »

Amen.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
marc_serv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:01:23 AM »

Michael Servetus
is well known for

Pastor Roger,

Prove to me how Servetus in regard with his view in God reject the scriptures teaching?

I think the Trinity teaching is more by product of human reason, and even become unreasonable doctrine.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 12:22:35 AM »

Michael Servetus
is well known for

Pastor Roger,

Prove to me how Servetus in regard with his view in God reject the scriptures teaching?

I think the Trinity teaching is more by product of human reason, and even become unreasonable doctrine.

I never said anything about Servetus or his teachings nor do I intend to do so. There are some people that twist the teachings of the Trinity into something that it is not nor has it ever been.

The teaching of the Trinity is very often misunderstood. Some think that it is the teaching of three separate gods. It is not three separate gods. It is ONE GOD in three manisfestations, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Even though the word "Trinity" is not used in the Bible it does teach us just this .... ONE GOD in three different manifestations. Just because this word was not used in the Bible does not make it false. There are many words used today that were not used in the Bible. It does not make them false unless the meaning behind them, the context, is false.

Another example is calling the beast of Revelations the anti-Christ. There are those that will dispute this unendingly. Anti-Christ means to be against Christ. The beast of Revelations is against Christ and all that is Christ therefore it is also ANTI-CHRIST.

Some go so far as to say that you can only use the word Yeshua when referring to Him. Others say it must be YHWH and to use any other name is blasphemy.

Jesus Christ, Yeshua, Jehoshua, God, YHWH, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit or hundreds of others,

HE IS ALL ONE AND THE SAME

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 12:37:06 AM »

I don't know all that much about Servetus.  Did read a little about his life.  IMO it appears he was obsessive-compulsive, and in the end, it got him fired-up. Lips Sealed

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 01:08:54 AM »

Michael Servetus
is well known for
And  
John calvin is well known for using  his human  reasoning power  to go against scripture's
teaching that Christ Died for all winning all people  forgivness of sin's and a home in Heaven with Jesus.

Amen!!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 01:15:25 AM »

Michael Servetus
is well known for
And  

I don't know who Michael Servetus is but, I do got to say AMEN!

marc_serv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 09:20:06 AM »

Michael Servetus
is well known for

Pastor Roger,

I never said anything about Servetus or his teachings nor do I intend to do so. There are some people that twist the teachings of the Trinity into something that it is not nor has it ever been.

The teaching of the Trinity is very often misunderstood. Some think that it is the teaching of three separate gods. It is not three separate gods. It is ONE GOD in three manisfestations, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Even though the word "Trinity" is not used in the Bible it does teach us just this .... ONE GOD in three different manifestations. Just because this word was not used in the Bible does not make it false. There are many words used today that were not used in the Bible. It does not make them false unless the meaning behind them, the context, is false.

Another example is calling the beast of Revelations the anti-Christ. There are those that will dispute this unendingly. Anti-Christ means to be against Christ. The beast of Revelations is against Christ and all that is Christ therefore it is also ANTI-CHRIST.

Some go so far as to say that you can only use the word Yeshua when referring to Him. Others say it must be YHWH and to use any other name is blasphemy.

Jesus Christ, Yeshua, Jehoshua, God, YHWH, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit or hundreds of others,

HE IS ALL ONE AND THE SAME

I think you are not somewhat an orthodox Trinitarian, by what your statement only proves that Servetus is not wrong
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 02:57:59 PM »

Hi  marc_serv,

As I said, I know nothing of Michael Servetus nor of his teachings therefore I do not intend to say anything about him. I will though state as I did above that the Bible does support the teachings of the Trinity even though the bible does not specifically use that given word.

1Jo 5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 03:36:49 PM »

Hello Marc_Serv,

As far as I know, all of us here believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - the THREE being distinct and unique - yet ONE ALMIGHTY GOD.

There's nothing unusual about this doctrine at all, as it is the basis for Christianity and 100% founded in the Holy Bible. Those who deny any member of the Godhead (Holy Trinity) are in false religions and cults. The Holy Bible testifies of all THREE from cover to cover.

I've never heard of Michael Servetus. I would simply say that if he teaches anything other than the Holy Trinity, he is a false teacher. Jesus Christ is God, The Holy Spirit is God, God the Father is God, and the THREE members are called the Godhead - THREE UNIQUE MEMBERS - YET ONE ALMIGHTY GOD.

Many of the same Biblical facts to prove that Jesus Christ is God are used to prove the Holy Trinity as absolute fact. You can read several lengthy threads in the Apologetics section, "Is Jesus God?", for much more information.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »

http://www.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/michaelservetus.html

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 06:02:20 PM »

Hello Cris,

I wish you had put this in the thread on the same subject. I read this, and all I could do is shake my head "no". I read "no original sin" and mixing astrology, and I stopped reading. He wouldn't be burned at the stake these days, but he would be labeled a nut. I must also add that some of his writing was definitely blasphemy, especially when he made fun of the Holy Trinity as a three-headed beast. I skimmed enough to see a list of weird things, and I can easily understand why he couldn't find anyone to agree with him.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:17-18 NASB  For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.  So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 06:13:37 PM »

"no original sin" and mixing astrology
he Holy Trinity as a three-headed beast

"does not except the eternal diety of Jesus"

"Servetus rejected the doctrine of original sin and the entire theory of salvation based upon it, including the doctrines of Christ's dual nature and the vicarious atonement effected by his death."

He sounds like a very confused, mixed up, lost individual that attempted to use the logic of the human mind to understand the divine nature of God.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 06:22:48 PM »

Hello Cris,

I wish you had put this in the thread on the same subject. I read this, and all I could do is shake my head "no". I read "no original sin" and mixing astrology, and I stopped reading. He wouldn't be burned at the stake these days, but he would be labeled a nut. I must also add that some of his writing was definitely blasphemy, especially when he made fun of the Holy Trinity as a three-headed beast. I skimmed enough to see a list of weird things, and I can easily understand why he couldn't find anyone to agree with him.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:17-18 NASB  For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.  So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

OK, I'll put it there.  Then you can erase the Servetus new thread topic in theology.

Grace and peace,
cris

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the