Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ways that God the Father fully resides in Christ thus making Him God.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ways that God the Father fully resides in Christ thus making Him God.  (Read 8898 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 06:25:23 PM »

Michael Servetus

http://www.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/michaelservetus.html

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 06:34:09 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Brother, I think that both of us were far too kind in our overall description of Michael Servetus. He was a false teacher of the worst type when he lived, and his books would represent the worst type of false teaching now.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:2 NASB  that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 08:16:27 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I combined two threads on the same subject so we could all respond in the same thread.

Tom

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 08:29:41 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Brother, I think that both of us were far too kind in our overall description of Michael Servetus. He was a false teacher of the worst type when he lived, and his books would represent the worst type of false teaching now.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:2 NASB  that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

BEP,

Right after the first few posts about him, I posted that I thought the guy was obsessive-compulsive.  He got no kudos from me, but others were posting Amen's.  I knew no one knew who this guy was, so that's why I posted the link.  

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 08:37:46 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Love In Christ,
Tom

BEP,

Right after the first few posts about him, I posted that I thought the guy was obsessive-compulsive.  He got no kudos from me, but others were posting Amen's.  I knew no one knew who this guy was, so that's why I posted the link.  

Grace and peace,
cris

It is understandable now why no one here knew anything about Michael Servetus.
The Amens though were in response to :

Christianity needs "not" to be made "reasonable".
for it is human  reason that  needs to be made more Christian.
Romans 11:33-36

human  reason needs to hold it self "captive to Scripture".
Gods word! 2 corinthians 10:5 [/qoute]

Now that I know a little more about this Michael Servetus I say Amen again to the above quote.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Love In Christ,
Tom

BEP,

Grace and peace,
cris

It is understandable now why no one here knew anything about Michael Servetus.
The Amens though were in response to :

Christianity needs "not" to be made "reasonable".
for it is human  reason that  needs to be made more Christian.
Romans 11:33-36

human  reason needs to hold it self "captive to Scripture".
Gods word! 2 corinthians 10:5 [/qoute]

Now that I know a little more about this Michael Servetus I say Amen again to the above quote.

I knew nothing about Michael Servetus, either.  Why is it understandable that no one here knew anything about him?  That does not compute in this ole brain, because I didn't know anything about him either, until I checked it out before posting.  Hadn't ever heard the name mentioned before this thread.

I understand pocket's comment and must agree with him, also.  Sometimes there's misunderstanding on this forum that needs addressed at times, but isn't.

Grace and peace,
cris

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 09:10:42 PM »

Cris, Pastor Roger, and Others,

I saw the part that I would say Amen to also. I guess this would be a fairly good example that you could take quotes or isolated portions out of just about any book and think it might be a good book until you read several pages.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 NASB  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 09:22:01 PM »

I saw the part that I would say Amen to also. I guess this would be a fairly good example that you could take quotes or isolated portions out of just about any book and think it might be a good book until you read several pages.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 NASB  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

AMEN!  That's exactly what PR and you were saying earlier on a completely different topic, about the condition of our country...............how the idiots were quoting our ancestral public officials, and leaving out parts of that quote to fit their own agenda.  Excuse me for calling them idiots, but it's much better than others I'm thinking of. Wink Grin

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 10:01:23 PM »

Why is it understandable that no one here knew anything about him?

Because he was a false teacher from the 1500's and not important enough to have heard about him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 10:04:21 PM »

Love In Christ,
Tom

AMEN!  That's exactly what PR and you were saying earlier on a completely different topic, about the condition of our country...............how the idiots were quoting our ancestral public officials, and leaving out parts of that quote to fit their own agenda.  Excuse me for calling them idiots, but it's much better than others I'm thinking of. Wink Grin

Grace and peace,
cris

Personally I think you are being to kind.   Wink Wink Grin Grin

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2005, 10:05:41 PM »

I'd have to say that the reason not many people know about him is because his teachings are pretty much demented and hold very little water in theological and scholarly circles. Just my 2 cents wroth.

Coram Deo,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2005, 10:15:39 PM »

I'd have to say that the reason not many people know about him is because his teachings are pretty much demented and hold very little water in theological and scholarly circles. Just my 2 cents wroth.

Coram Deo,
Joshua

Exactly, although I was familiar with his teachings from having spent time studying the beliefs of the Unitarian Universalists, just not his name.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2005, 10:16:06 PM »

Love In Christ,
Tom

Grace and peace,
cris

Credit where credit isn't deserved.  I didn't want to get thrown off the forum. Wink Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2005, 10:41:46 PM »

Love In Christ,
Tom

Grace and peace,
cris

Credit where credit isn't deserved.  I didn't want to get thrown off the forum. Wink Grin

I don't foresee that happening.

As I said on that other thread ..... Many who use quotes improperly do so out of ignorance, others simply knowingly lie.

Those that do so out of ignorance quite often are just repeating what they have heard without checking them out for their validity. Others just outright lie by making up quotes or twisting existing quotes by leaving important portions of them out.

I guess idiot may be applied in either case.  

Cheesy Cheesy

marc_serv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2005, 11:45:52 PM »

Hi  marc_serv,

As I said, I know nothing of Michael Servetus nor of his teachings therefore I do not intend to say anything about him. I will though state as I did above that the Bible does support the teachings of the Trinity even though the bible does not specifically use that given word.

1Jo 5:7  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Okay Pastor, actually I too myself don't know much about the the teaching of Servetus except in his views about the Godhead and Christ nature. I even reject some of his teachings except in his teaching about the Godhead and Christ nature.

I just qouted Servetus in his belief about the Godhead and his againts in infant baptism because this was his very core teaching that cause his life. Let us focus to discuss regarding the true nature of Christ as what this my thread emphasized and not to divert the discussion to personal attacks to Servetus.

As you qouted the verse 1John 5:7, really the scriptures says that three bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one but not trinity!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the