Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:46:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ten Ways You Can Pray for Hurricane Victims
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ten Ways You Can Pray for Hurricane Victims  (Read 981 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2005, 12:02:15 PM »

From Back To The Bible:
http://www.backtothebible.org/hurricane.htm

Ten Ways You Can Pray for Hurricane Victims - Page 1
Before the tragedy gets pushed to the back of your mind

Since Hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit the Gulf Coast, with every passing day the stories fade from the front pages. One of the worst hurricane seasons to blow onto American shores and the largest displacement of people in our history should have more "shelf life in the mind," but it doesn't. Time marches on.

So lest you and I forget about the hurricane victims as the media turns to other stories, here are some specific things you can pray for to help them.

1. Pray for the families who have lost loved ones. Pray for the comfort that only the God of all comfort can give (2 Corinthians 1:3). It's hard enough to lose someone you care about, but to lose them and perhaps not know where they are or to know that the authorities weren't able to get to their body quickly for burial has to have caused deep scars on the souls of the victims. Compassionately pray for those who have lost the dearest on earth to them.

2. Pray for those who have lost their homes and all their possessions. While Christians know we are to "set our affection on things above" (Colossians 3:2), losing your home, your belongings, your Bible, your photo albums, the things you hold dear is a trauma very few have experienced. Put yourself in the shoes of the victims and pray for them to regain specific losses.

3. Pray for those who are still living in shelters or in homes with those who were strangers until they took them in. It is heart-warming to see families open their homes to people in need. This is what Jesus wants us to do (Matthew 25:35). We should be grateful that shelters were established for those who had nowhere to go. But disassociation from all that is familiar is traumatic. Pray that victims will soon have a place of their own so that some degree of normalcy can return to their lives.

4. Pray for families that have been split apart by the hurricane. As the days continue since the hurricanes hit, more and more families are being reunited. But there are still people who do not know where their family members are, whether or not they have survived, whether or not they are injured. How painful it is not to know (Psalm 9:9-10; 42:5). Pray that those agencies involved will quickly and efficiently bring displaced families together.

5. Pray for those who have become embittered by the storm. Anger and bitterness are often the results of being overwhelmed and there is little question that both the people of the Gulf Coast and the local, state and Federal governments were overwhelmed by these disasters. Pray that those who are bitter at God, at government, at others will imbibe the apostle Paul's admonition about putting away all bitterness, anger and speaking evil of those they feel let them down (Ephesians 4:31).

6. Pray for those who have come face-to-face with their own mortality as a result of the hurricanes. Pray that this trauma will also bring them face-to-face with Jesus and that the Spirit of God will draw them to Himself (James 4:11 ). Pray for spiritual influences in their lives to be faithful in presenting the claims of the Gospel. As the old spiritual says, "Some through the water, some through the flood, some through the fire, but all through the blood." May this tragedy bring many into the Kingdom of God .

7. Pray for those agencies (the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, etc.) that have been on the frontline of providing aid and shelter to hurricane victims. Pray for strength and stamina as the weeks and months wear on since the storm (Galatians 6:9-10). The staff of these relief agencies is undoubtedly exhausted and discouraged, but the need for them to assist the victims continues and so they must. Pray they will have godly wisdom in allocating the millions and millions of dollars that the American public has donated for relief.

========================See Page 2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:05:19 PM »

From Back To The Bible:
http://www.backtothebible.org/hurricane.htm

Ten Ways You Can Pray for Hurricane Victims - Page 2
Before the tragedy gets pushed to the back of your mind

8. Pray for all the Christian organizations, churches, missions and others who have risen to the challenge of the hurricanes. Hundreds of Christian ministries have collected money, sent relief teams and encouraged volunteers to help in the effort. Pray that they will not only be helpful physically, but they will be able to provide the spiritual counsel and comfort that governments cannot (2 Corinthians 9:10-13). (If you wish to continue to contribute to the relief effort through a Christian organization, go on-line to ECFA and survey the list of agencies involved in hurricane relief that are members of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Back to the Bible is a charter member of ECFA.)

9. Pray for the next stage of relief. After bodies are buried, families are reunited, and communities are rebuilt, the city of New Orleans needs relief from the satanic influences that have so dramatically impacted that city (Ephesians 6:12). Pray that all the churches, radio stations and other ministries in New Orleans will have their most influential ministry ever in the wake of the hurricane. Natural disasters are not always the judgment of God and this one is likely no exception, but New Orleans has been a city in particular need of divine discipline. Pray that God will make "The Big Easy" into a city set on a hill.

10. Pray for America, for our President and the Congress. Pray for all who have learned in such dramatic fashion that civil preparedness is never absolute. Pray that we may better be able to respond to such tragedies in the future, but at the same time that America will learn well that "blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" (Psalm 33:12), and that we may prepare for the future on our knees.

OUR PLEDGE: If you are a victim of Hurricane Katrina and Rita or have friends or family that are victims, Back to the Bible wants to help provide spiritual materials for the victims. These Bundles of Hope will include a Bible, Bible study, and other devotional resources. Bundles of Hope are available free of charge upon request for individuals or churches.

To request a Bundle of Hope for yourself, a loved one, or a church, please call toll-free 1-800-759-6655. We are committed to restoring the spiritual resources of flood victims as we continue to pray for those restoring their physical resources.

(My Note:  Amen and Amen! - I love this advice that is definitely Christian Love through prayer to ALMIGHTY GOD! May God's Will Be Done!)

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 12:25:07 PM »

AMEN! And let's pray for those who are so confused or misinformed and call disasters like these 'an act of God'. Let's pray that they will learn the truth, and the the Lord of the Harvest send the perfect laborer across their paths and show them the Way.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 03:32:44 PM »

AMEN! And let's pray for those who are so confused or misinformed and call disasters like these 'an act of God'. Let's pray that they will learn the truth, and the the Lord of the Harvest send the perfect laborer across their paths and show them the Way.

Sister,

I agree completely. Bible Prophecy makes it exceptionally clear that days will come when the entire earth will know that God is pouring out His Wrath on the earth. At this time, we really don't know.

On the other side of the coin, it is always appropriate for Christians to pray for their country and their leaders that they yield and turn to GOD. I know that God blesses those who honor and fear HIM, and that does include nations. As a nation, I have serious questions about whether we actually deserve God's Blessings right now. Sister, please don't consider this to be an argument because that is not what it is intended to be.

As Christians, we know much about the Grace, Love, Mercy, and Forgiveness of God because we are the recipients of these precious treasures. However, the Holy Bible shows us another side to our All Powerful and All Mighty GOD! HE does not have endless patience with sin and evil, nor is HIS Mercy everlasting for those who deny and ignore HIM. As HIS children, we have felt HIS chastening when we needed correction, and we have felt HIS firmness when we ignore HIS Will in our lives. I say this with reverence, HE is THE ONLY PERFECT FATHER! His Love and Mercy are beyond human measure, but HE is not a FATHER that a child should ignore or disobey. AND, now we come to the lost. HE has given the human race 2,000 years of HIS patience and mercy. The Holy Bible makes it plain that HIS Patience and Mercy will end some day, and NOBODY knows when.

Sister - Just Thoughts.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Romans 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 04:26:25 PM »

As you said my Brother "And nobody knows when", that is all the more reason for believers to be praying and taking the message to the lost, I only pray that God will put more people in my path so that I can let more souls know about God's love and how everyone needs to make a choice now. Only God knows how many people are still in the dark, how many people really need Him and don't know where to turn. It is our job to let the lost know, it is our job to pray for them too. Yes, it is our job to pray for our nation, and our leaders.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 07:44:44 PM »

"blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" (Psalm 33:12)

Amen to all the points and may I add to this to pray for unity in "One Nation Under God".

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the