Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:42:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Civil Disobedience and the Ten Commandments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Civil Disobedience and the Ten Commandments  (Read 7806 times)
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2003, 10:28:18 PM »

Knox:  Roy Moore's antics have been expensive for Alabama and have disrupted the business of the court, and they are just tired of his antics.

Are you a believer, Knox?

Why do you ask? Are you under the mistaken impression that only an unbeliever can think Roy Moore is a self-aggrandizing, political grandstanding opportunist? I will tell you that my understanding of Christianity is probably a lot different from yours. And his.
John the Baptist
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2003, 07:51:33 AM »

JTB you really have NO understanding of what you speak.  You claim loss of salvation, works for justification and you are simply wrong.  You do not understand and your lack of command over the english language seems to be a good reason why maybe you don't.

"And the Lord opened the mouth of the (dumb) ass, and she said ----" You are a women right?

And What does, "... be a good reason why maybe you don't." (&) Why maybe??? And no question mark??? ..Mean??? More Babylonian CONFUSSION.

John the Baptist

Knox:
Just wondering knox, if the spiritual ('Christian?) I.Q. of these ones can even find the correct 'thread' to post on??? (saved-4ever) Surely, the 'hanging' of the Master's Commandments in any form, or, the removal of them can not change ones salvation, huh? Hanging as in 'spiritial' character assination will! See Heb. 6:6.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 11:42:29 PM by John the Baptist » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2003, 08:32:39 AM »

knox:  I will tell you that my understanding of Christianity is probably a lot different from yours. And his.

Why are you so cynical, knox.  "Understanding" is good, but this isn't about just "understanding".  

This is about "love", and love of the Savior, and love of His law...
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2003, 08:32:39 AM »

John the Baptist,

If I'm reading you correctly, you are making a valid comment about other believers not believing in the law, and or Ten Commandments. This topic has been heavily debated on this forum on numerous occasions.

I'm a firm believer In what Jesus said:" I did not come to abolish the law, but to fullfil" God's Ten Commandments are just as valid today as they were when given at Mt. Sinai. The only difference today, is that when one comes to Christ in repentance....God's laws are written on one's heart.

It is interesting that many church's in America have a disdain for God's law; this is called antinominism (sp?) Yet when the commandment's monument is being attacked they get all riled up. Yes, there is a real inconsistency. However, the line is being drawn in the sand today.....Jesus wants to know; are we for him or against him?

Psalm 119
John the Baptist
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2003, 08:57:08 AM »

John the Baptist,

If I'm reading you correctly, you are making a valid comment about other believers not believing in the law, and or Ten Commandments. This topic has been heavily debated on this forum on numerous occasions.

I'm a firm believer In what Jesus said:" I did not come to abolish the law, but to fullfil" God's Ten Commandments are just as valid today as they were when given at Mt. Sinai. The only difference today, is that when one comes to Christ in repentance....God's laws are written on one's heart.

It is interesting that many church's in America have a disdain for God's law; this is called antinominism (sp?) Yet when the commandment's monument is being attacked they get all riled up. Yes, there is a real inconsistency. However, the line is being drawn in the sand today.....Jesus wants to know; are we for him or against him?

Psalm 119

Thanks! It is good to know that all here are not being coverted to 'follow' saved4_[never] & his Gen. 3:4 Babylonian lieing CONFUSSION of his saved4_ever garbage! SEE Eze. 13:22!!
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2003, 01:58:14 PM »

This is about "love", and love of the Savior, and love of His law...

Symphony, I've seen your posts on homosexuality. You have some nerve talking about "love".
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2003, 02:55:23 PM »

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2003, 06:21:39 AM »

Sean Hannity's talk radio program mentioned Judge Moore's stand on the Ten Commandments as a "pivotal" moment.

I heard last night one other radio commentator's reflection that the American public may just be getting tired of "all this
Christian stuff..."

I was thinking the Judge Moore thing could be pivotal in a way we hadn't thought--that is, if he is imprisoned, that could be seen as an approving precedent--for the gay movement(the topic of this thread here--that is, the beginning of the persecution of the Christians by the gay movement), and for the public generally as well, to begin to actually "silence" Christian "dissent".

I'm not looking for JUdge Moore to be imprisoned, but so far, his eight associates have overruled him, and the state's attorney general either.  He's been suspended, as chief justice.

If effect, the Judge Moore thing could backfire into actually a significant, major precedent for "silencing" Christian dissent in America--generally, not by just the gay agenda.

This new twist is actually what I was pointing to under my "Part II, Krystallnacht 1938" thread, where the ghetto-ization of Christians becomes violent(current examples given or to be added there).  But more accurately, this would fall under a possible "Part III, Krystallnacht...", which I haven't begun yet but am waiting to, where there is actually legislation, as in Nazi Germany against the Jews, to imprison Christians.

I know where I live my own "evangelization" could soon be seen as a "nuisance"--tolerated for a while but ultimately, finally silenced, perhaps even just by people generally--people who go to church, work, vacation, etc,--people who want things to continue "as they are" and have enough to contend with.

It might just be easier to regard the imprisonment of a currently key "Christian figure", such as Roy Moore, as all the fire power you need to begin to "shut them up once and for good".

(posted also under Prophecy-Current Events...)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2003, 08:29:05 PM »

JTB you really have NO understanding of what you speak.  You claim loss of salvation, works for justification and you are simply wrong.  You do not understand and your lack of command over the english language seems to be a good reason why maybe you don't.

"And the Lord opened the mouth of the (dumb) ass, and she said ----" You are a women right?

And What does, "... be a good reason why maybe you don't." (&) Why maybe??? And no question mark??? ..Mean??? More Babylonian CONFUSSION.

John the Baptist

Knox:
Just wondering knox, if the spiritual ('Christian?) I.Q. of these ones can even find the correct 'thread' to post on??? (saved-4ever) Surely, the 'hanging' of the Master's Commandments in any form, or, the removal of them can not change ones salvation, huh? Hanging as in 'spiritial' character assination will! See Heb. 6:6.

Well look here, why would I place a question mark where no question was asked?   This is a statement not a question.  You do not understand and your lack of command over the english language seems to be a good reason why maybe you don't.

No wonder you have such a hard time.   Roll Eyes

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2003, 09:35:28 PM »

In the last two days I've heard Judge Moore interviewed on three radio programs, Politics and Religion, at endtime.com(today), James Dobson at Focus on the Family, and hhhmmmm, Ive forgotten the third one...
John the Baptist
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2003, 09:45:51 PM »

In the last two days I've heard Judge Moore interviewed on three radio programs, Politics and Religion, at endtime.com(today), James Dobson at Focus on the Family, and hhhmmmm, Ive forgotten the third one...

Hi,
what is his testimony, keeping the statue in confession of belief, or living the law as they teach??
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2003, 08:26:51 AM »

He testifies to Jesus Christ.  He views the Ten Commandments as integral to that.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2003, 04:04:26 PM »

A recent article, Aug 26, about why Judge Moore should obey "the rule of law", by David Limbaugh(Rush Limbaugh's brother), and remove the monument:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/8/26/93856.shtml

And copy of a reply e-mail I sent to him today:

Part II to the Ten Commandments, by David Limbaugh

Dear Mr. Limbaugh:

Thank you for your second article concerning Chf. Justice Roy Moore.  Rush Limbaugh referred us to your article today.

If we classify Chf. Justice's Ten Commandments as just religion, then the point to your article, and Rush's point, is probably accurate--i.e., Judge Moore should obey the rule of law(man's law here, that is).

If the Ten Commandments are not religion, though--that is, they really were written with the "finger of God", as recorded there in Exodus...

So isn't the whole issue just simply whether the Ten Commandments really were given by the hand of God?  Isn't that what we're really talking about here?

Thank you.
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »

Having just returned from Alabama, I must say that there is so much disinformation regarding Judge Moore and the Ten Commandments. Let me try to clarify some things for some folks.

First, Judge Moore is a Bible believing born again Christian. He is a member of a Baptist Church.

Judge Moore never wanted the lime light. The ACLU and the Southern Poverty Leauge (strong anti-Christian organizations) came to him with a fight. It all began in 1995 with a simple wooden plaque(of the Ten Commandments) hanging on the wall of his courtroom when he was then  judge in Etowah (sp?) County in Alabama. He was later elected by the people of Alabama as a Chief Justice.

This issue is a states rights issue. Can a state acknowledge God? Can a federal judge have jursidiction over what a state chooses to display in their court houses?

This attack on the Ten Commandments is a small piece of the puzzle. What's at stake here is the public acknowledgment of God. For the past 40 years this is what has occurred....prayer taken out of schools (1963), the "legaliztion" of murder (abortion), now it's the display of any Christian symbols.

The question that needs to be posed is this "when is enough, enough". Will we sell out our birthright as Esau? Did our forefathers all die in vain? Is our nation and heritage worth protecting? Or will we one day resemble Russia and China?

The choice is ours, and the hour is late.

As for me and my house, "We will serve the Lord"

Psalm 119
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2003, 07:49:48 PM »

Oh give it up. This was never about the Ten Commandments, it's been about Roy Moore all along. I mean what a great gimmick. He now has the name recognition to be elected governor of Alabama. That's what this was all about. Roy Moore is no defender of Christianity, he's just another cynical, venal, corrupt politician.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the