Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Civil Disobedience and the Ten Commandments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Civil Disobedience and the Ten Commandments  (Read 7807 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2003, 08:41:01 PM »

Yep; Jesus went to more than just jail too.  

You have to do away with anything even related to "God".

It's amazing we have to defend this--the expenses involved.

Why can't the opposition just let it go--they're the ones with the beef.  The U.S. Supreme Court has Ten Commandments in their building.  The only reason this is an issue is b/c of the ones bringing the suit.

What's wrong with the Ten Commandments.  Our country is based on them.  That's what we're founded on.
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2003, 09:46:55 PM »

Hmm. Try as I might, I don't see the 'Ol Judge as being similar to Jesus!

The Judge knew exactly what would happen when he snuck the monument in without permission after office hours. He knew that millions would be spent by the taxpayers and that ultimately the monument would be removed. How much more Christian it would be for him to focus his attention on widows and orphans in their need or something like that.  The procedure was filmed by a crew working for Dr. James Kennedy, who almost immediately started selling videos of it. So really I see the judge's stand on the monument is at bottom a money-making scheme. Not some grandiose defense of Christianity.

What's wrong with the Ten Commandments.  Our country is based on them.  That's what we're founded on.

Our country, The United States, is founded on the Constitution. I think one would be hard-pressed to find even any vague parallels between the Ten Commandments (whichever version you choose) and our nation's founding document.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 09:49:16 PM by Knox » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2003, 09:59:47 PM »

You have to do away with anything even related to "God".

Why can't the opposition just let it go--they're the ones with the beef.  The U.S. Supreme Court has Ten Commandments in their building.  The only reason this is an issue is b/c of the ones bringing the suit.

Ask these professed Christian ones that HAVE CONSTANTLY PREACHED THAT THEY ARE DONE AWAY WITH for answers to your questions?? No law, under Grace, Jewish, Legalism, FINISHED!! Huh

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2003, 11:14:48 PM »

Well, it's the 11th hour--literally--midnight tonight is the deadline.  The Supreme Court has rejected Judge Moore's last minute appeal to that court('tho I understand they have a copy of the Ten Commandments in their courthouse!).

News report an hour ago said a 49 year-old man was being dragged away by police, from near the monument...

As if we don't all have better things to do. I appreciate these people doing this!!
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2003, 02:27:15 AM »

I guess you're on the east cost symph?  I'm curious as to what happened now that it's 2:25.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2003, 02:40:57 AM »

Our country, The United States, is founded on the Constitution. I think one would be hard-pressed to find even any vague parallels between the Ten Commandments (whichever version you choose) and our nation's founding document.

Umm I guess you haven't bothered to see what a lot of it is about but whatever.

What are you talking about, which ones?  There's one set of "Ten Commandments".

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2003, 07:29:07 AM »

knox:  So really I see the judge's stand on the monument is at bottom a money-making scheme

Judge Moore is a Viet Nam vet., graduate of West Point, with a family, started this out by displaying a framed copy of the Ten Commandments in his circuit court room in 1995(if he displayed the statue of some Greek goddess in the courthouse would this even be an issue?...), which now has been dogging him all the way to his appointment as the highest justice in the state, Chief Justice--just because he wants a copy of the Ten Commandments in his courtroom--and he's doing it just to make money.  Hmmm.

He has a family.  He's a chief justice--that means he has to focus daily on the cases coming before him, as his regular job(otherwise he'd get fired) PLUS, fight this.

While the Southern Law Poverty Center, the ACLU and the Sep of Church and State Club, the three parties that are suing and are the only reason this is even an issue,  just watch as their fellows, who have served them honorably, dangle in the wind.

Throw the Christians to the lions.  Forget the Constitution.  Forget the Ten Commandments.  This is Nero here.  I'll poison my own mother if I want to.  I'll have incest with the other members of my own family if I want to.

That's what we do when we get our way.  And you aren't going to tell me not to.

And that's the way it is, or...  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 12:54:10 PM by Symphony » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2003, 07:56:47 AM »

knox:  So really I see the judge's stand on the monument is at bottom a money-making scheme

Yeah right.  He's a Viet Nam vet., graduate of West Point, with a family, started this out by displaying a framed copy of the Ten Commandments in his circuit court room in 1995(I'll betcha if he displayed the statue of some Greek goddess you'd run salivating to support him), which now has been dogging him all the way up to his appointment as the highest justice in the state, Chief Justice--just because he wants a copy of the Ten Commandments in his courtroom--and yeah, he's doing it all just to make money.

Yeah, right.  

He has a family.  He's a chief justice--that means he has to focus daily on the cases coming before him, PLUS, fight this.

Yeah, he's doing it just to make money.

Yeah, right.  And he's suppose to roll over, yawn and say, "Whatever" when you walk in and take out his copy of the Ten Commandments.

Sounds fair to me!!

Roll Eyes

To much nothing/ness questioned here! What is the BOTTOM LINE reason of seperation of church and state is the question?
All so far we see is EMOTION, FEELING, and EXCITMENT! No reasoning together thus sayeth the Lord?

To post God's Ten Commands would NEED the Constitution being changed! So would prayer in school need a LAW violating the above!

Is this what you want?
This is the issue. Freedom to believe in Christ, or Laws to FORCE CHRIST UPON ALL PEOPLE? Changing the constitution is a VERY DANGEROUS starting point downward! Christ needs Caesar to do His work through His denominations?? Think about it. Sounds Catholic to me?? Cry Cry

Personally speaking: It is about time (long past time!) to CLEAN UP YOUR OWN (life) DENOMINATION FIRST. And then one needs not worry about Christs POWER to do the rest!

---John
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2003, 08:34:16 AM »

Here's a kindly rebuke for those who oppose "civil disobedience".

1) We are to obey God rather than man

2) Moses,The Hebrew midwives, Daniel, Esther, David, all the disciples, and Jesus Himself, all broke "mans laws"

3) The Declaration of Independence is in essence an "act of rebellion". Those who signed it, paid a dear price; they lost their homes, and fortunes ,for declaring their independence from England.

4) The law of God.. i.e. The Ten Commandments is the foundation for our civil law. (Blackstone Commentaries)

If we put a "monetary factor" on keeping our freedom; we are not worthy of being called an American citizen.

God Bless and keep Judge Roy Moore!

Judge Moore for President!

Psalm 119
John the Baptist
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2003, 10:27:12 AM »

Here's a kindly rebuke for those who oppose "civil disobedience".

1) We are to obey God rather than man

2) Moses,The Hebrew midwives, Daniel, Esther, David, all the disciples, and Jesus Himself, all broke "mans laws"

3) The Declaration of Independence is in essence an "act of rebellion". Those who signed it, paid a dear price; they lost their homes, and fortunes ,for declaring their independence from England.

4) The law of God.. i.e. The Ten Commandments is the foundation for our civil law. (Blackstone Commentaries)

If we put a "monetary factor" on keeping our freedom; we are not worthy of being called an American citizen.

God Bless and keep Judge Roy Moore!

Judge Moore for President!

Psalm 119

Hi, this is a question. All over these forums there are the [FINISHED!] believers. You know, the GRACE COVERS the Ten now, and ALL 10 commandments are all past/tense!

How come some of you do not get after their evil NO LAW doctrine, but want Caesars constitution changed so as to FORCE non/Christians to be your guys type of ones? You say Law & they say NO LAW! Yet, these ones are your 'brothers'?
If them, why not all & any professed believers??

Again: Bottom line is, AGAIN, that these FALSE ONES NEED WEEDED OUT! It is not that we need Caesars Force to make the world Christians, but what we need is to HAVE CHRIST INSIDE of professed Christianity WORKING. READ Isa. 59:1-2 & Josh. 7:12's last part of the verse!  

Because we NEED CAESAR IS PROOF THAT CHRIST IS NOT 'IN' Protestentism!

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2003, 11:46:04 AM »

JTB you really have NO understanding of what you speak.  You claim loss of salvation, works for justification and you are simply wrong.  You do not understand and your lack of command over the english language seems to be a good reason why maybe you don't.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2003, 01:02:05 PM »

ABC RAdio news just an hour ago:  Justice Moore's colleagues, the associates, eight of them, are breaking with him, ordering the monument be removed...

One protestor, an elderly minister from Iowa, being arrested and taken to jail

Just now, latest report, 1 p.m. Alabama time, 150 protestors there, singing, praying...
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2003, 08:08:17 PM »

ABC RAdio news just an hour ago:  Justice Moore's colleagues, the associates, eight of them, are breaking with him, ordering the monument be removed...

I don't think they are 'breaking' with him, I don't think they ever supported him on this. I read an interview with one of the other justices recently, and his prank has caused a lot of bad feeling with the other justices. He did move the monument in secretly, never consulting with the other members of the court. As I said in an earlier post, Roy Moore's antics have been expensive for Alabama and have disrupted the business of the court, and they are just tired of his antics.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2003, 09:26:40 PM »

Knox:  Roy Moore's antics have been expensive for Alabama and have disrupted the business of the court, and they are just tired of his antics.

Are you a believer, Knox?
John the Baptist
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2003, 09:53:29 PM »

Knox:  Roy Moore's antics have been expensive for Alabama and have disrupted the business of the court, and they are just tired of his antics.

Are you a believer, Knox?

Hay Knox, you can sure see how the mark of the beast will be enforced by professed Christians. Seems like her daughters will do her 'legal' work for her! And ALL of the world wondered after the beast. It is a good thing that we have some in Washington that are not brain d-e-a-d yet, huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the