Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Just for Guys! Sorry no women.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just for Guys! Sorry no women.  (Read 35641 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2005, 02:23:34 AM »

If the women can do this, so can us guys.

Guys:  Let's get to know each other more so we can support one another....Y'all want to answer some questions?

Number of kids:

Favorite colors:

Favorite foods/snacks:

Favorite Verses:

Ministry you are involved in:

Man from Bible you most relate to/why:

Praise God for...

Okay? I'll go first.

Number of kids: 2, 21 and 19

Favorite colors: Blues and reds

Favorite foods/snacks: BBQ country style ribs, mashed taters, and corn on the cob.

Favorite Verses:  John 3:16

Ministry you are involved in: My Church, I am an Advisor  to my Pastor.

Man from Bible you most relate to/why: Job, cause of the troubles, Ive had. By keeping my faith, God has defeated all of them problems. Well most of them.

Praise God for... Being alive, and learning to forgive.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 02:55:23 AM »

Number of kids: Three, 2 grand children with 3 more on the way.

Favorite colors: red, white and blue

Favorite foods/snacks: steak and taters with broccoli, KFC, fried rice, homemade bread and pies, coffee, CHOCOLATE

Favorite Verses:  so many to choose from ... I love so many of them ....  primarily those concerned with the gospel.

Ministry you are involved in:  Internet Ministry, helping Veterans and active duty Military. Making quilts and clothes for the needy. Assisting parents with homeschooling. Helping kids in my neighborhood in many ways (trying to keep them out of trouble and to live a Godly life). Counciling individuals. Anything else the Lord brings my way.

Man from Bible you most relate to/why:  I've never thought about this one.

Praise God for...  His saving grace, for being so merciful to me and humbling me. For using me in His way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 08:05:18 AM »

Number of kids:  1 Son (Age 24), 1 Daughter (Age 27), 1 Grandson (Age 5), 1 Grandson (Age 2)

Favorite colors:  Red and Blue

Favorite foods/snacks:  Too many to list - but chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, sausage, eggs over medium, grits, black-eyed peas, cornbread, pinto beans, biscuits and gravy

Favorite Verses:  Far too many to list - but Proverbs 3:5-10, 1 Timothy 6:12, 2 Corinthians 5:7-9, Ephesians 2:8-10

Ministry you are involved in:  Internet (Web page and Christians Unite), family, friends, and a hobby that I enjoy is making various kinds of graphics for Christian friends and churches to use.

Man from Bible you most relate to/why:  I admire the Apostle Paul the most, but I'm not like him. I wish that I was, specifically being a strong man of the LORD bearing all to share the Gospel of the Grace of God. My fight and race will never be anywhere near that of Paul, but I give thanks that God is using me and allows me to serve him.

Praise God for...  Far too many to list - but Godly parents who loved me and brought me up in the LORD, facing death twice and God allowing me to live, JESUS CHRIST as my Lord and Saviour who has been and is with me during trials and difficult times, a long and happy marriage with a beautiful wife, children who love the LORD, grandchildren being brought up in the LORD, an entire family belonging to JESUS, many sweet Christian friends. In short, God has richly blessed me and my family, and we are all MOST thankful that JESUS died on the Cross for us, arose from the dead on the third day, and is our LIVING LORD and SAVIOUR forever!

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 09:00:18 PM »

Number of kids:  One rebellious nearly-nineteen-year-old daughter

Favorite colors:  Wheat-sprout green, cloud-liner silver, deep sky blue, first-breath screaming baby purple – now there’s a special color!   Smiley

Favorite foods/snacks:  Chicken fried steak, biscuits and cream gravy followed by cherry pie and a tall ice-cold glass of milk.  Peanut butter and apricot-pineapple preserves on fresh, soft Wonder Bread with a side of Fritos.  Chili dog smothered in sweet onion.  Jumbo green olives stuffed with jalapeños.  Alaska King Crab.

Favorite Verses:  Malachi 4:1-3, Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, Romans 8:38-39

Ministry you are involved in:  Telling it like it is.

Man from Bible you most relate to/why:  The Centurion (Matthew 8 and Luke 7).  No fluff with this guy.  He’s all business.  He recognizes Jesus’ power, feels greatly unworthy, and has complete faith in Him.  “Nuts & Bolts” “just do it” faith; I like that.  I can do that.  Fluff is tough.  It confounds me.

Praise God for... His sacrifice; brave American soldiers; the charity that is molded into mankind in His image; all you folks; my wife (she’s mean – but she’s mine and she loves me); liberals – they’re so cute when they’re angry…   Grin

(Sorry this took me so long to post – when I was doing the food/snacks part I had to take 17 food breaks…  go figure!)

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 09:33:39 AM »

Number of kids: Two: Son -12, daughter 13

Favorite colors: blue, navy blue, cobalt blue, royal blue, blue and gold - go Rams!!!

Favorite foods/snacks: broccoli - raw, cauliflower - raw, green cabbage - steamed, quinoa, gotcha2ake and cremini mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes any which way, royal gala apples, nectarines, pineapple - fresh

Favorite Verses:  1 Cor. 13: 4-8
                        Mat. 22:36-40/ Gal. 5:14/ Rom. 13:9/Ja. 2:8
                        Mal. 3: 10-12
                        Romans chapter 8
                        1 Pe. 2:24 / Is. 53: 3-5
                        He. 1: 8-10
                        1 Jo. 1:9

Ministry you are involved in:  Fatherhood, for now.

Man from Bible you most relate to/why:  David cuz ain't no 15 foot Philistine gonna dis God to my face either. Plus, my love is fiery like David's, not gentle like John's.

Praise God for...  his mercies endureth forever!!

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 11:50:43 AM »

Number of kids: 2 girls, 1 age 7, the other age 4.

Favorite colors: red, white, black, royal blue

Favorite foods/snacks: any animal dead, cooked, processed and stuffed into an intestine...basically I like MEAT[/b]!!  Taters, steamed brocolli and cauliflower...mexican and chinese restaurants with hot and spicy stuff!  K.  Now I'm hungry!   Cheesy

Favorite Verses: Romans 8:31-39 for starters...

Ministry: Father, singing and occassional worship leading, Wednesday night bible study, and trying to encourage, and pray for others I meet here!

Man from the Bible I relate most to and why: Peter.  Bonehead with a heart for Jesus.  Yup.  That pretty much sums me up to a T!   Grin

Praise God for: His matchless, wonderous, awesome and endless grace!

Cool idea!  Shame it took me so long to find it...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 06:27:32 AM »

Number of kids: 2 (1 daughter and 1 Son)

Favorite colors:  All shades of Blue

Favorite foods/snacks:  Sirloin steak, Southern fried Chicken, Jacket spuds and unforunately, most sweet things

Favorite Verses: Too many to list. Love them all

Man from Bible you most relate to/why:  Peter. Peter failed Jesus and i am like that so often and yet Peter never gave up, and look at Peters life in the end. Thats what i strive for.

Praise God for... Jesus, My family and all my blessings
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 06:34:26 PM »

Grin Grin I JUST HAD TO PEEK! Grin  Grin

Blessings and love -  Kiss

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 01:46:45 PM »

TalkerCat,

Grin  Grin  You are the only one allowed to peek, and everything you saw here is Top Secret! If you even think about divulging this information, you will hear a robot voice saying, "Danger, Danger Will Robinson, Danger!.  Now, we'll see if anyone here is old enough to get a chuckle out of this. AND, I guess we'll have to see if I got the quote right.  Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 02:35:23 PM »

TalkerCat,

Grin  Grin  You are the only one allowed to peek, and everything you saw here is Top Secret! If you even think about divulging this information, you will hear a robot voice saying, "Danger, Danger Will Robinson, Danger!.  Now, we'll see if anyone here is old enough to get a chuckle out of this. AND, I guess we'll have to see if I got the quote right.  Cheesy

Now who can forget "Lost In Space"

Robots most frequent sayings were the one you said and "Warning, warning", "Do not touch it, it is dangerous",  "It does not compute"

and we can't forget Dr Smiths comment of "What do you mean it doesn't compute, you ninny".

Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 02:44:08 PM »

Cheesy

My lips are SEALED  Lips Sealed !!!

I believe the robot quote is correct, and he also said "Warning, Warning" yada yada

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2005, 06:01:30 PM »

Grin   Grin   Grin

So far, I'm relatively certain that the comments have come from folks who are no longer in their 20s. Maybe we can grin and remember when we were in our 20s. Pastor Roger, thanks for the picture. I'm laughing and thinking about whether the picture will give the younger folks a hint about what we are talking about.  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2005, 06:15:10 PM »

Grin   Grin   Grin

So far, I'm relatively certain that the comments have come from folks who are no longer in their 20s. Maybe we can grin and remember when we were in our 20s. Pastor Roger, thanks for the picture. I'm laughing and thinking about whether the picture will give the younger folks a hint about what we are talking about.  Grin

You're welcome brother. The younger generation may have seen the remake of Lost in Space. It came out in 1998 as a 2 hour movie.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2005, 07:25:03 PM »

Tongue  Tongue Brothers, I'm quite certain you realize that I heard of "Lost in Space" sitting on my mother's knee!!! I'm certainly not old enough to remember it!  Wink  

Blessings -

John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2005, 11:25:01 PM »

lol i can remember siting down to see it come on it was my Favorite show i am 38 and to this day i miss that show

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the