Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Just for Guys! Sorry no women.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just for Guys! Sorry no women.  (Read 35664 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2006, 03:25:33 AM »

Amen Smokey The Dog!

I'm a retired police officer, so I've thought many times about the watchman. I also remember countless times that I prayed with fellow officers at the beginning of a shift or before a dangerous assignment. I also remember countless times that I knew that GOD was with me, and I was never alone. I have no idea what that 25 years would have been like without JESUS CHRIST as my Lord and Saviour. I still give thanks that the majority of the department I served on were Christians. I will be praying for you.

Reference the pie fights, that's just a little bit of fun, and we only throw the highest quality pies that really taste good.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 1:1-4 NASB  What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life -- and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us -- what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »

Number of kids: 2, ages 6 and 12

favorite colors: Like PR it is the Red, White, and Blue

Favorite foods/snacks: I almost think there are almost more favorite foods than there are favorite verses Smiley  Beef/potatoes/peas/corn on the cob/tuna stuffed tomatoes/calamari/and so much more

favorite verse: James the entire book

Ministry you are involved in: Sunday School Teacher, School Board, Missions Board, Sound booth, Usher, and anything else that God leads me to do.

Man from Bible you most relate to/why: Have never really given this one much thought.  On a quick answer it would be James because he and I seem to think very much alike.

Praise God for Outside of saving a sorry man like me.  My family.  I could have not asked for a more perfect gift while here on earth. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2006, 12:54:11 PM »

Amen Brother Jerry!

You are another rich man in the things of CHRIST!

willychuck
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2006, 10:10:45 PM »

Hi everyone in Just for Guys

Number of kids:  7   Shocked

favorite colors:  maroon, green, red, yellow,  I could keep going but I'd run out of colors   Cheesy

Favorite foods/snacks:  pizza, burgers, steak & potatos, fried chicken, meat loaf, spinich, cookies, cookies cookies, more cookies

favorite verse:  Romans 8:28-39   Grin

Ministry you are involved in: just to my kids  Cheesy

Man from Bible you most relate to/why: must be Peter, so many times he does things before thinking about it.  Grin  Grin  Grin 

Praise God for  knowing me so intemately, yet still loveing me, and the salvation of my kids, and His ability to hold us and keep us in His hands, just having my darkened heart opened to His loving heart

Glad to be here!    Grin

love in Christ,
Bill   
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2006, 11:31:15 PM »

Amen Brother Bill!

Every day is THANKSGIVING!

Shocked  - 7 Children - you've got your hands full and your work cut out for you.   Grin

I would say that if you have hamburger to put in the hamburger helper that you are blessed. I do remember times when my wife and I were young that we had helper helper.   Grin

Love in Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:8-9 NASB  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

willychuck
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2006, 12:08:48 AM »

Hi Tom,

I had my hands full.  Unfortunetly I no longer am residing at home with my wife and kids.  We have been seperated for the last 6 to 7 years.  I took abuse classes at her request and learned so much.  It's been 3 years since I left the classes that I took for two years.  Debbie, my wife, says she can't trust me.  I've tried to restore our relationship but she insisted all along that I haven't changed deep down inside.  I've given up hope that we'll ever be restored to each other.  Not given up hope in God though.  Debbie and I have been married 22 years including the years of seperation.  I've talked about a divorce possibly next year, but she has asked me to wait another year to help get the finances in better shape. And to help her prepare the workforce.   

I would greatly appreciate your prayers.  And all who read this.  Thanks

love in Christ,
Bill   
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2006, 12:51:27 AM »

Brother Bill,

I'm sorry to hear this. YES - I will be praying for you and your family. Brother, please don't give up - GOD can work many things out when we pray and ask for HIS guidance and help. Maybe the delay is GOD'S will to give everyone more time to work this out. Realistically, much will depend on what you really want and GOD'S Will.

You already know that many things are easy to say but hard to do. Many of those hard to do things are well worth the effort in trying.

In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:8-10 NASB  But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

willychuck
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2006, 12:06:43 AM »

Brother Bill,

I'm sorry to hear this. YES - I will be praying for you and your family. Brother, please don't give up - GOD can work many things out when we pray and ask for HIS guidance and help. Maybe the delay is GOD'S will to give everyone more time to work this out. Realistically, much will depend on what you really want and GOD'S Will.

You already know that many things are easy to say but hard to do. Many of those hard to do things are well worth the effort in trying.

In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:8-10 NASB  But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Hi Tom,

I really appreciate your prayers.  If I don't give up on the marriage, which I hadn't for the last six years, what do I do?  I'm so tired of crying.  So tired of not being good enough.  So worn out trying to mend what I broke.  It's never enough.  My life verse, I believe God gave to me, Romans 8:28,29 says that I know that all things work together for good.  To those who love God, to those who are called by Him for His purposes.  I know it's for good.  I know we're in His hands.   I know He has a plan.  What I don't know is has my wife abandoned our marraige vows and relationship because of my hurtful past.  She will not re-enter into a relationship with me till I meet hers, the books and her counselors criteria on abuse free standards.  I even asked her one time if she thought that I could live the rest of my life, from this point on, and never abuse her again.  She said yes.  It means no angry looks.  No getting upset.  No leaving the room when things are tense between us even if no one is talking.  There is a huge list of things I can't do.  If I do any of them, even to the smallest amount, I'm still abusive. 

I'm tired.  I'm loney.  I'm confused.

P.S.  I welcome anyone else input and prayers.

your brother in Christ,
Bill     
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2006, 01:09:53 AM »

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry to say that there is no easy answer, no quick fix. Like Brother Tom said it depends on what you really want and God's will. How badly do want this, are you willing to do what it takes. Yes 6 years is a long time to battle this and I am sure that you may be growing weary of that battle. If you truly want it though and it is in God's will then you will succeed.

I wish that I could say something that could make things better but the truth of the matter is that it is in God's hands and in your actions. My heart does go out for you and your family. You all will be in my prayers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2006, 04:04:10 AM »

Brother Bill,

I will definitely be praying for you. This is a complicated situation to discuss on the forum. It would be nice if you had a pastor or a Christian counselor near you who you like and trust. Much would also depend on what your wife wants and is willing to do. If both of you could get into Christian counseling together, that would really be good. If you really want to make this work, a lot of prayer would definitely be the first thing on the list.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:3-5 NASB  And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

willychuck
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

Thanks brothers   Smiley  Smiley

love in Christ,   Smiley
Bill
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2006, 02:27:02 AM »

Brother the demons inside work hard and go at it harder and harder when you get closer and closer to Christ.  But hold fast to the truth of God in that through Him all things are possible and work to the glory of God and good. 

We cannot do it alone and fellow brothers and sisters walking with you is always encouraging.  I echo the recommendations of finding a pastor in your local area to pray with.  And seek a counselor with christian foundation.  They do not have to be one in the same.  If you surround yourself with God and the Armor of God then you can feel confident in that protection.

Some of what you mentioned I would fail at.  When I got upset I walked out of the room.  Now I have learned that I let my wife know that I am getting a little upset and that I need some time and prayer.  I go out and I pray and often realize that I was at fault in what I heard or quick to judge or things of that nature.  When coming back it is a whole new perspective and we continue on.  SHe has learned to do the same.  There are times when it is best to walk away for a few moments.  Be honest...if you feel Satan working and making you something you are not then raise the red flag and sound the alarm.  Step back and pray and cast him out. 

About all I got.  Besides my prayers to you and your wife.  May God's will be done.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
willychuck
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2006, 12:05:01 PM »

Brother the demons inside work hard and go at it harder and harder when you get closer and closer to Christ.  But hold fast to the truth of God in that through Him all things are possible and work to the glory of God and good. 

We cannot do it alone and fellow brothers and sisters walking with you is always encouraging.  I echo the recommendations of finding a pastor in your local area to pray with.  And seek a counselor with christian foundation.  They do not have to be one in the same.  If you surround yourself with God and the Armor of God then you can feel confident in that protection.

Some of what you mentioned I would fail at.  When I got upset I walked out of the room.  Now I have learned that I let my wife know that I am getting a little upset and that I need some time and prayer.  I go out and I pray and often realize that I was at fault in what I heard or quick to judge or things of that nature.  When coming back it is a whole new perspective and we continue on.  SHe has learned to do the same.  There are times when it is best to walk away for a few moments.  Be honest...if you feel Satan working and making you something you are not then raise the red flag and sound the alarm.  Step back and pray and cast him out. 

About all I got.  Besides my prayers to you and your wife.  May God's will be done.

Thanks brother Jerry,    Smiley

You guys are right that I need fellowship and support in my local area.  I'm just not sure where to go for wise counsel, even from "christian" pastors or counselors.  But then it's my responsibility to take all counsel to the Lord.  Whether here online or at someones office or just visiting with friends.   Smiley 

I too learned not to just walk out when a heated dissagreement was taking place.  I learned to let her know that I needed a break to think things through and pray.  Only for the last 4 to 5 years we don't talk much.  We've  lived in seperate homes for the last 7 years.  So the practicing of this I don't get to do.  I've learned from God that I don't need to get upset and controlling like I used to.  He's got everything in control.  Whether it feels or looks like it or not.  He's in control.  I can rest and trust Him.   Grin  Grin   Probably the biggest impact on me since my salvation.  I can now rest.   Grin   What a weight and relief off my mind and sholders.  I thought I had to be the "strong one", "wise one", "get er done" one.  But after 16 years of marriage all I had was hurt children and an angry, bitter wife.  For the last 6 or 7 years there's been no relationship.  Just "Hi. Here's the money" or she needs the car fixed, or something in her house needs fixin.  I don't mind doing any of these things.  I love fixin things.  She just won't talk about us unless it's about how she believes I'm still abusive deep down inside.  And that's about the extent to it.  And like I said, it's been for the last 4 to 5 years. 

Thanks Jerry for you and your wife's prayers and support for my wife and I. 

your brother in Jesus,  Grin
Bill

john909

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2006, 12:38:08 PM »

Number of kids:  1   

Favorite colors: sky blue   

Favorite foods/snacks:  New York-style pizza, cheese only

Favorite verse:  Anything by Saint Paul or Saint John 

Ministry you are involved in: Trying to be a spiritually clean example for my child   

Man from Bible you most relate to/why: Saint Paul, because he shows just how God works through sinful men for good       

Praise God for: My healthy child
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the