Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Modern day idol worship
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Modern day idol worship  (Read 5238 times)
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2003, 06:54:23 PM »

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the rituals that were practiced in the Old Testament idol temples of Chemosh, Ashtoreth, and Molech.  Also, can you give me examples of modern day ways that people serve these idols, directly or indirectly?  

Please answer soon...Thanx for the help.
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 01:37:11 PM »

Sorry I didn't notice this post before......

These "gods" all required one thing; death. And the death was usually the death of the first born. In today's terms that usually translates into abortion. And it's often the firstborn that is murdered by abortion. As with the followers of Chemosh, Molech, and Ashtoreth, they believed they would receive earthly rewards for their first born.....today people believe if they kill their offspring they will receive earthly rewards....i.e. finish college, gain wealth etc.

As Solomon said, "There is nothing new under the sun"

Psalm 119
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »

Good insight!  Thanx!

I found a little info on Chemosh and it sounds like this 'god'
is still worshipped today.  I was wondering if it fits into the
dungeons & dragons scenario or some other mystical new age junk.  Check this out:

Dead and dying creatures fascinate Chemosh.  The desperate, thrashing movements, the rattle of water in the lungs, the smell of decay all delight him.  Even so, he plans never to experience death himself, growing in power and longevity with each minion he gains.  His skill at telling convincing lies assures him many more minions.  Motivations: Chemosh works closely with Takhisis to raise undead leaders for her armies on Ansalon.  In addition, Chemosh entices recruits with false promises of immortality.  He seeks to corrupt potential heroes of Good.  Worshippers of Chemosh generally wear white skull masks and black robes.  Chemosh controls the fate of all who die and are not claimed by another God.  He claims the lost souls of men and women.  He claims the service of all who are cursed into undeath (whatever that means), as well as those who deal in the art of death itself.  Chemosh is known under several names throughout Krynn, among them being Aeleth, Ergoth, Dron of the deep(Tarsis), Chemos Jolten (Icewall), and Khelmax (Thorbardin).  Chemosh's constellation is that of a ram's skull in the heavens.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 02:08:12 AM »

D&D and new age in the same sentence is purty darn funny.  I'm not even going to bother arguing about D&D because most people are SO missinformed it's sad.

undeath (whatever that means),

I don't know if you have a typo or not but I do believe it should say undead.  Undead refers to things (not real of course) such as "zombies", "ghosts", or any other sort of "undead" fictional creature.  Things that are "undead" just means they don't breathe, or "live" and they haven't stayed "dead".  It's a pretty funny term indeed but they had to give it some sort of title.

I know of NO ONE that worships anything from fantasy books.  That doesn't mean there aren't retards that do, but I personally know of none.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the