Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:14:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Inner Beauty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inner Beauty  (Read 1763 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2005, 06:19:20 AM »

Author: Woodrow Kroll
Source: Lessons on Living From Esther
Scripture: Esther 2:15 1 Peter 3:3-4 Proverbs 31:10

Inner Beauty

Esther 2:15

"Now when the turn came for Esther the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her as his daughter, to go in to the king, she requested nothing but what Hegai the king's eunuch, the custodian of the women, advised. And Esther obtained favor in the sight of all who saw her."

Inner Beauty

American culture puts a lot of emphasis on outer beauty. Each year, Americans collectively buy per minute 1,484 tubes of lipstick (at a cost of $4,566); 913 bottles of nail polish ($2,055); 1,324 mascaras, eyeshadows, and eyeliners ($6,849); and 2,055 jars of skin care products ($12,785). Marketing beauty products to both men and women represents an almost $17 billion-per-year business in the U.S.

This is far different from the example of Esther. Despite the fact that her future seemed to depend on making a favorable impression on the king, she did no more than what was necessary to appear appropriate. Without the distraction of the glitz and glamour of outer beauty aids, her inner beauty could be clearly seen. And it was this inner beauty that enabled Esther to obtain "favor in the sight of all who saw her," including the king, who eventually made her queen.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to appear attractive, but it should never be our primary concern. Developing inner beauty is far more important. The writer of Proverbs says, "Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies" (31:10). And the apostle Peter says, "Do not let your adornment be merely outward; arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel; rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God" (1 Peter 3:3-4).

If you want real beauty, spend as much time before the mirror of God's Word as you do before the mirror in your bathroom. Let God develop an inner beauty in you that will both outshine and outlast the glamour of the world.

Beauty without virtue is like a flower without fragrance.

This devotional is freely distributed by Back To The Bible.

Did you enjoy this devotional?  Send it on for a friend to enjoy.
To receive this e-mail regularly, just go to this page:
http://www.backtothebible.org/aboutus/email_entry.htm

hisloveneverfails3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 04:07:20 AM »

I love the devotional! It is true, today so many people are spending so much time beautifying themselves. Sometimes it can be hard not to get caught up in all of it. I just remind myself that Jesus made me the way I am and i don't have to change a thing cause he loves me the way I am!

-MARIGRACE
"For sin shall not be your master, because your are not under law, but under GRACE"
(Romans 6:14)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the