Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:42:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Share Favorite Scriptures Or A Thought
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share Favorite Scriptures Or A Thought  (Read 10019 times)
ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2005, 06:45:21 AM »

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NASB  For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

I love this one, it is the chapter I was called to service with.
Very near and dear to this lady's haert.

Hello ForHisGlory,

AMEN! I think that all Christians should read precious portions of Scripture like this one regularly. We especially need a reminder constantly that any righteousness we have is in JESUS ALONE, not in us. There is a mystery here that can be solved that ends a futile struggle. Some people struggle to obey the law or be good enough to earn their own Salvation. All the while, the righteousness of Christ is a free GIFT of LOVE AND GRACE FROM GOD! This is a beautiful truth that sets us free. In fact, the law of faith in Jesus Christ sets us free from the curse of sin and death. What we look for can only be found in JESUS, and JESUS is the ONLY WAY, TRUTH, AND LIFE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 1:3 NASB  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I love the fact that it reminds me time and again that I am in the servise of the Almighy, and that I am not to boast, or to feel totally incompetant, since He has called me, and He knows the way. Grin

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2005, 08:26:38 AM »

Thought For Today
Mind your thoughts, for they become your words.
Choose your words, for they become actions.
Understand your actions, for they become habits.
Study your habits, for they will become your character.
Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

PHIL 4:8 Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things. 9Do those things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me. And the God of peace shall be with you.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2005, 10:27:59 PM »

Amen!

Colossians 1:16-18 NASB  For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

This beautiful portion of Scripture speaks of our Precious Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST! It testifies to the absolute fact that Jesus Christ is and always has been the CREATOR, ALMIGHTY GOD! This and other portions of Scripture explain why the only way to obtain peace with GOD is faith in JESUS CHRIST. Believers are members of the ONLY true CHURCH, a CHURCH not made by human hands, THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST! JESUS CHRIST IS THE HEAD OVER THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH!

The joy and strength of a Christian grows as we learn to put JESUS CHRIST first in everything.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

Romans 16:24-27 NASB  [The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.] Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen.

This beautiful portion of Scripture speaks of a mystery that was kept secret through the ages. The mystery was not revealed to any of the prophets of the Old Testament, and it is the greatest REVELATION of all human history.

Leading up to this mystery is the most precious and written about event in all history - JESUS, His Crucifixion on the Cross, His Resurrection from the dead on the third day, and His ascension back to Heaven.

The man, JESUS, who was Crucified on the Cross was VERY GOD made manifest in the flesh. They did, IN FACT, Crucify the LORD OF GLORY! - THE CHRIST! HE was the only PERFECT and HOLY Sacrifice Who could take the punishment for the sins of the World in HIS Own Body. In fact, HE took our place on the Cross, and Faith in HIM is the only way to be Saved from eternal punishment. HIS BLOOD on the Cross IS payment for our sins when we place our faith in HIM and ask HIM to be the LORD over our lives. Truly, JESUS is the ONLY Way, the Truth, and the Life!

Now we find out about the beautiful MYSTERY not known to men of other ages. The MYSTERY is a Church not made with human hands, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. JESUS CHRIST Himself is the Head and believers are MEMBERS of HIS BODY. SO, there is only ONE TRUE CHURCH, and it is not made with brick and mortar, nor is this CHURCH of this world.

A person can't join this CHURCH, pay any amount of money to belong to this CHURCH, or work hard enough to be worthy of this CHURCH. Faith in JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Saviour is the only way to join THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE CHURCH! This ONE TRUE CHURCH is the MYSTERY, and it doesn't bear ANY of man's labels, tags, or denominations.

I really hope that you study this portion of Scripture, follow the references, and spend enough time to fully understand the biggest and most precious MYSTERY in human history.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2005, 07:11:08 AM »

2 Corinthians 5:1-5 NASB  For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.   For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life. Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.

A Christian's earthly body is described as a tent for a good reason. It is only a temporary dwelling for our short life here on earth. It represents the flesh, something that Christians have to fight for their entire short life on this earth.

We will not be spending eternity in this earthly body. At God's appointed time, Christians will be given glorified bodies for eternity. There won't be any more pain or illness in our glorified body, and that is only part of the promises of God. I must add that all of God's promises are so sure that the Holy Bible speaks of them in a tense indicating they are already done.

In The Sweet By and By

There’s a land that is fairer than day,
And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there.

Refrain

In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore;
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore.
To our bountiful Father above,
We will offer our tribute of praise
For the glorious gift of His love
And the blessings that hallow our days.

Refrain

We shall sing on that beautiful shore
The melodious songs of the blessed;
And our spirits shall sorrow no more,
Not a sigh for the blessing of rest.

Refrain

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2005, 07:45:28 AM »

2 Corinthians 5:1-5 NASB  For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.   For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life. Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.

A Christian's earthly body is described as a tent for a good reason. It is only a temporary dwelling for our short life here on earth. It represents the flesh, something that Christians have to fight for their entire short life on this earth.

We will not be spending eternity in this earthly body. At God's appointed time, Christians will be given glorified bodies for eternity. There won't be any more pain or illness in our glorified body, and that is only part of the promises of God. I must add that all of God's promises are so sure that the Holy Bible speaks of them in a tense indicating they are already done.

In The Sweet By and By

There’s a land that is fairer than day,
And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there.

Refrain

In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore;
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore.
To our bountiful Father above,
We will offer our tribute of praise
For the glorious gift of His love
And the blessings that hallow our days.

Amen, my Brother, that is why the Temple at Jerusalem has not been rebuilt, we God's people are the Temple of the Holy Spirit. God Himself rebuilt the Temple just as He said, when He said 'I will build this Temple up in 3 days' those 3 days he was talking about we all know, and when He was resurrected, and told Mary in the garden not to touch Him for He had not yet ascended unto the Father, later that day, (after He had presented Himself to the Father), He appeared unto His disciples, and He breathed on them and said "receive the Holy Spirit", this was the first time that the disciples were born again. (John 20:22) This was not the baptism of the Holy Spirit as we read in the Book of Acts, this was the Holy Spirit within. Amazing. GOD is so AMAZING.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2005, 11:15:29 PM »

Ephesians 1:7-8 NASB  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which He lavished on us.

Brothers and Sisters,

I was just thinking about how worthy JESUS is and how unworthy I am. HE is perfect and Holy and I am the opposite, yet HE loved me enough to die on the Cross for me.

Grace is unmerited favor. I don't deserve anything except punishment, but GOD has lavished HIS Grace upon me. I don't deserve to be forgiven, and I wouldn't be forgiven except for the precious Blood of JESUS. I am thinking right now about how happy it makes me to know that I belong to JESUS. I can't imagine what this short life would be like without JESUS. JESUS gives us much more than forgiveness and love.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

If you are lost and reading this, please don't wait another moment. Right now is a good time to accept JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Saviour.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:13-14 NASB  For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

2 Peter 3:9 NASB  The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

John 10:8-10 NASB  "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB  "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Ephesians 1:11-14 NASB  also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 12:38:28 AM »

With everthing happening in the world today. Only one book, and chapter, and verse, has been in my mind, the past three days.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

In no other age, has the word of God, been so wide spread.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 07:45:48 AM »

Ephesians 1:7-8 NASB  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which He lavished on us.

Brothers and Sisters,

I was just thinking about how worthy JESUS is and how unworthy I am. HE is perfect and Holy and I am the opposite, yet HE loved me enough to die on the Cross for me.

Grace is unmerited favor. I don't deserve anything except punishment, but GOD has lavished HIS Grace upon me. I don't deserve to be forgiven, and I wouldn't be forgiven except for the precious Blood of JESUS. I am thinking right now about how happy it makes me to know that I belong to JESUS. I can't imagine what this short life would be like without JESUS. JESUS gives us much more than forgiveness and love.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

If you are lost and reading this, please don't wait another moment. Right now is a good time to accept JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Saviour.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:13-14 NASB  For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

2 Peter 3:9 NASB  The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

John 10:8-10 NASB  "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB  "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Ephesians 1:11-14 NASB  also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

AMEN

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 08:23:22 AM »

With everthing happening in the world today. Only one book, and chapter, and verse, has been in my mind, the past three days.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

In no other age, has the word of God, been so wide spread.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

May I add in no other age, have so many of Jesus' prophecies come to pass all in a short amount of time, ie. floods, earthquakes, famine, pestilences, etc. Brother we are so close to the end, and every minute that goes by just brings us that much closer. It is exciting, but I mus add that it should also move us to spend more time in prayer, and intercedeing for others, especially those that are our own family members, they may not want to hear us, but they can't stop us from praying for them. So I ask again for all my Brothers and Sisters here at the forum to please jot the names of my son Gene, daughters Gina and Lupe, brothers, Manny, Joey, Charly, Angel and Ricky on your prayer list. And of course my Grandson William (17) and my other grandchildren. I believe that if we as a Christian family intercede for each others family members we can have a tremendous impact. Just as the early Christians did when they prayed for Peter, who was to be executed and God heard their prayers and Peter was delivered in the midnight hour. We need to be doing this for each other. A three fold cord is not easily broken, but God loves His saints so much that when we intercede for others He hears us. If anyone has other family members they want me to pray for or any of our great brothers and sisters, please I encourage you to post and request prayer. Also let us not forget that prayer is not only for when we are in trouble, or facing a health issue, but prayer is for EVERYTHING. James in his Book stated that we should be intercedeing for each other at all times in all manner of prayer.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2005, 10:55:13 PM »

I thank God for his promise to us.

Heb 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I praise God for His wonderful mercies.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2005, 11:13:58 AM »

Romans 1:16-17 NASB  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Brothers and Sisters,

JESUS and the CROSS is still the most powerful message in the history of man. Righteousness and Faith are very interesting Bible Study Topics. Man, apart from JESUS, has no righteousness of his own. In fact the righteousness of man is as filthy rags. Faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour changes everything. The Righteousness of Christ is imputed to the believer and God sees the believer through Christ. So, the Righteousness of a believer is in Christ alone, and man has nothing to boast of except CHRIST! Without Faith in Jesus Christ, there are no righteous or just men.

1 Corinthians 1:18  NASB  For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

The WORD of the CROSS is what saved us, and it is the Power of GOD within us. This is a beautiful TRUTH. If we yield to the Will of God, the Holy Spirit will build upon this TRUTH and give us ever increasing STRENGTH through the Word of God.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 5:4-5 NASB  For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2005, 03:30:18 PM »

Glorifying God - The Sum of Christian Duty

Philippians 4:8-9 NASB  Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Brothers and Sisters,

This is just a portion of a Bible Study I am doing now. I am hoping to post the entire study soon. In the meantime, please take some time out of your busy schedule to study and enjoy the short but very beautiful Book of Philippians. Find a quiet time, lean back, and listen to the things of the LORD.

I had planned to do something else first, but I felt led to do this study when one of the references was Philippians 4:8-9. This beautiful portion of Scripture applies more today than ever. I can't think of a time where the average person is assaulted so frequently with the things of the world, and it is sometimes very difficult to shut the things of the world out of our lives and the lives of our children. If we are Christians, we have personal duties to GOD and duties to our children for GOD. This small and precious portion of Scripture actually serves as a summary for all Christian duty. We will NOT measure up, but we should pray for God's help and guidance to try. I must say that I think Philippians is one of the most beautiful books in the Bible. It's only (4) short chapters, so please take a rest and read the entire book. I think that you will agree that many individual Scriptures in Philippians speak volumes and have many Christian applications.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 1:27-28 NASB  Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; in no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2005, 11:25:09 PM »

Acts 1:6-11 NASB  So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?" He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

Brothers and Sisters,

This beautiful portion of Scripture speaks volumes, much more than anyone would first imagine. Jesus Christ was and is the Messiah, the King of the Jews, and HE will rule and reign over the earth for 1,000 years from King David's throne in Jerusalem, but that time is not yet.

Can you imagine what kind of witness you would be if you saw something like this and knew it to be true? They actually saw the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords ascend up to heaven. We know this is true because we have the Holy Spirit living in our hearts. JESUS CHRIST is coming again in MIGHT AND GLORY, and the Kingdom they spoke of will be all REALITY. We know this because GOD promised it, and GOD keeps all of HIS PROMISES perfectly!

We didn't physically watch JESUS CHRIST ascend back to heaven on that day about 2,000 years ago, and we didn't physically watch HIM die on the Cross. BUT, are these events any less true simply because we didn't see with our own eyes? Many did see with their own eyes, and their accounts are recorded in the Holy Bible. Further, we have the absolute proof living in our hearts, SO WHAT KIND OF WITNESSES ARE WE FOR CHRIST? JESUS has saved us from the horrible wrath to come.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2005, 05:42:43 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was reading this beautiful portion of Scripture this morning and just had to share it. The precious old hymn seems to go with the Scripture quite well.

Revelation 21:14-27 NASB  And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements. The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed; and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it; and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

The Light Of The World

The whole world was lost
In the darkness of sin,
The Light of the world is Jesus!
Like sunshine at noonday,
His glory shone in.

Refrain

Come to the light, ’tis shining for thee;
Sweetly the light has dawned upon me.
Once I was blind, but now I can see:
No darkness have we
Who in Jesus abide;
We walk in the light
When we follow our Guide!

Refrain

Ye dwellers in darkness
With sin blinded eyes,
Go, wash, at His bidding,
And light will arise.

Refrain

No need of the sunlight
In heaven we’re told;
The Lamb is the Light
In the city of gold,

Refrain

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the