Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:47:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Share Favorite Scriptures Or A Thought
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share Favorite Scriptures Or A Thought  (Read 9960 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 01:11:49 AM »

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 01:58:32 AM »

Psa 40:16  Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

Psa 97:10  Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005, 07:15:54 AM »

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Remember that old song by the Byrds, "Turn, Turn, Turn"?

This is where they got it from - the lyrics, that is.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2005, 07:19:27 AM »

All of Psalm 91 especially verse 4.........He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. NASB

Don't know where this one is...........I just remember it.

The name of the Lord is a Strong Tower.  The righteous runs to it and is safe.

Yeah, Kutless does a great song on Strong Tower.

You can quote two verses on this, by the way. Psalm 61 by David, or Proverbs 18:10 by his son. Cool, eh? The Spirit taught David, who in turn, taught his son!

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 04:08:13 AM »

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NASB  For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 07:45:20 AM »

Psalms 27:1-3 NASB  The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident.

I love this portion of Scripture, and I have beautiful thoughts each time I read it. It's one of many portions of Scripture that I never get tired of reading and thinking about. One could think about fear and the enemy, but that is not the dominant theme of this portion of Scripture. The LORD is my light, but I also know that the LIGHT is in me and I am in the LIGHT. The LIGHT is my place of safety and refuge, so I have nothing to fear. My enemies stumble, but I have the LIGHT to guide me and direct my path. The LIGHT, core and MASTER of my life is JESUS!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 01:52:58 AM »

Philemon 1:4-6 NASB  I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints;  and I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ's sake.

Brothers and Sisters, we should all pray for each other every day, build each other up in the LORD, and strengthen each other for the work that God has for us to do. We are never alone because we always have JESUS walking with us and the Holy Spirit in our Hearts, but we can and should also have each other.

ForHisGlory

Thou maintainest my lot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 02:05:25 AM »

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NASB  For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

I love this one, it is the chapter I was called to service with.
Very near and dear to this lady's haert.

And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned [certain] days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven. Neh1:4
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 02:23:46 AM »

For some odd reason, I have had a funny day. Even though I have been in alot of pain. Sad

Psalms 2:4 "He who sits in heaven will laugh, the Lord will mock them."

Psalms 59:9 "But as for You, God, You laugh at them; You mock all nations."

Job 8:21 Till he fill thy mouth with laughing, and thy lips with rejoicing.

Ecclesiastes 3:4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

Remember everyone, there  is a time to laugh. That is one of Gods gifts to us.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2005, 03:22:27 AM »

Dreamweaver,

Brother, you and I know of many sweet Christians who suffer with pain and illness, but we have JESUS and the prayers and love of each other. I give thanks that we already pray for each other every day.

I was just thinking that many lost people would think it strange to hear about Christians who are ill and suffering pain still talking about joy and peace. The Joy and Peace of belonging to JESUS and knowing that we will spend eternity with HIM overshadows everything else. We also know that our time here will be short and this world is not our home. So, I'm thinking that we have a special perspective to help the lost understand, so that's why God still gives us work to do. Brother, I give thanks for you and the work God has given you to do. You have given me encouragement and edification countless times.

Brothers and Sisters, Dreamweaver (Brother Bob) called an ambulance for himself while he was posting his last message. I would sincerely appreciate you joining me in prayer for Brother Bob.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 15:5-7 NASB  Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.

2 Corinthians 9:8 NASB  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2005, 04:49:20 AM »

John 17:20.  "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21.  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
 22.  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
 23.  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

Jesus Christ praying for all believers that believe through the words that will be given by the Apostles.

This prayer covers all believers even we who believe today.

ollie
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 04:53:55 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2005, 04:49:47 AM »

I love this one, it is the chapter I was called to service with.
Very near and dear to this lady's haert.

Hello ForHisGlory,

AMEN! I think that all Christians should read precious portions of Scripture like this one regularly. We especially need a reminder constantly that any righteousness we have is in JESUS ALONE, not in us. There is a mystery here that can be solved that ends a futile struggle. Some people struggle to obey the law or be good enough to earn their own Salvation. All the while, the righteousness of Christ is a free GIFT of LOVE AND GRACE FROM GOD! This is a beautiful truth that sets us free. In fact, the law of faith in Jesus Christ sets us free from the curse of sin and death. What we look for can only be found in JESUS, and JESUS is the ONLY WAY, TRUTH, AND LIFE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 1:3 NASB  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2005, 10:02:12 AM »

Psa 73:28  But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

Psa 143:10  Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Psa 147:1  Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.

Jam 5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jam 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Jam 5:16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I pray daily for all on here. I join now in prayer for Brother Bob in this also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2005, 10:42:21 AM »

For all the scientists out there, and for all the students who have a hard time convincing these people regarding the truth of the Bible, here's something that shows God's awesome creation, and that He is still in control.
Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been called "myth" in the Bible is true?
Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore, Maryland, and a consultant in the space program, relates the following development.
I think one of the most amazing things that God has done for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland.
They were checking out where the positions of the sun, moon, and planets would be 100 years and 1,000 years from now.. We have to know this so we won't send up a satellite and have it bump into something later on in its orbits.
We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down.
They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries, and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong with either the information fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards.
They called in the service department to check it out, and they said, 'What's wrong?' Well, they found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time.
They scratched their heads and tore their hair out.. There was no answer.
Finally a Christian man on the team said, 'You know, one time I was in Sunday School, and they talked about the sun standing still.' While they didn't believe him, they didn't have an answer either, so they said, 'Show us, '
He got a Bible and went to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with 'common sense.'
There they found the Lord saying to Joshua,
'Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before Thee.'
Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy! And if darkness fell, they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right... 'The sun stood still and the moon stayed and lasted not to go down about a whole day!'
(Joshua 10:12-13)
The astronauts and scientists said, There is the missing day! They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and! found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes ... not a whole day.
They read the Bible, and there it was about [approximately] a day. These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes, you'll still be in trouble 1000 years from now.
Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits. As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS.
The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings that told of the following story: Hezekiah, on his death bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said 'Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees?'
Hezekiah said, 'It is nothi! ng for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backw ard 10 degrees.' Isaiah spoke to the Lord, and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes!
Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe! Isn't it amazing?
References: Joshua 10:8 and 12,13 and 2 Kings 20:9-11.
Forward this to as many people who you believe would think this is equally as cool.
This was emaled to me. I think this is real food for thought.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005, 12:00:08 PM »

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?  Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.  Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,

"For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
   we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
[/i]

- Romans 8:31-39

I love this passage because it reminds me of Abba Father.  He will lovingly discipline me.  But nothing can separate me from His love - a love that not only saved me, but justifies me.  If I cannot be separated from His love, how then could I ever be separated from His justification?  My security has been bought by His blood, given by His grace, and secured by His love.   Smiley
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 12:01:49 PM by Allinall » Logged

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the