Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Share Favorite Scriptures Or A Thought
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share Favorite Scriptures Or A Thought  (Read 10018 times)
Praise1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2005, 08:14:08 PM »

Therefore we also,since we are surrounded by  so great a cloud of witnesses,let us lay aside every weight,and the sin which so easily ensnares us,and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.Looking unto Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith,who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross,despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.HEBREWS 12:1-2(NKJV)
The cloud of witnesses are not actually spectators watching us,they are people of faith who is at home with the Lord.Weight is anything that hinders us to run this race.We need to fix our eyes and focus on Christ,instead of our circumstances.Christ has done everything necessary for us to endure our faith.He is our example and model,He focus on the joy that was set before Him.His attention was not on the Cross but on the crown,not on the suffering but the reward.
God Bless Smiley

I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.
Philippians 4:13-No Prayer No Power,No Power No Prayer.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2005, 08:39:33 AM »

SMILE - Part 1 - No Commentary Necessary

John 3:14-18 NASB  "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

All for Jesus, all for Jesus!
All my being’s ransomed powers: All my thoughts and words and doings, All my days and all my hours.

Refrain

All for Jesus! All for Jesus!
All my days and all my hours;
All for Jesus! All for Jesus!
All my days and all my hours.
Let my hands perform His bidding, Let my feet run in His ways; Let my eyes see Jesus only, Let my lips speak forth His praise.

Refrain

Worldlings prize their gems of beauty, Cling to gilded toys of dust, Boast of wealth and fame and pleasure; Only Jesus will I trust.

Refrain

Since my eyes were fixed on Jesus, I’ve lost sight of all beside; So enchained my spirit’s vision, Looking at the Crucified.

Refrain

Oh, what wonder! how amazing! Jesus, glorious King of kings, Deigns to call me His belovèd, Lets me rest beneath His wings.

Refrain

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2005, 07:13:13 AM »

Ephesians 6:10-18 NASB  

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.

Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,

and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;

in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,

Brothers and Sisters,

This precious portion of Scripture speaks volumes, and it spoke to me this morning. It tells Christians about how GOD will give us power and peace. Let me make a distinction here - it is NOT our power and peace, rather the POWER AND PEACE OF ALMIGHTY GOD!

This portion of Scripture makes for a beautiful Bible Study, one that is almost impossible to stop after you start. The references and comparisons simply add more power and peace that GOD wants to give us in our Christian walk. More than ever, Christians need POWER to stand and keep standing. Our enemies are powerful, and they want to rob us of the JOYS in CHRIST, but more specifically they wish to stop us from bearing fruit. The devil can't stand when he comes against the STRENGTH OF CHRIST!

Brothers and Sisters, we make peace with God when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. GOD accepts us because we are seen through JESUS. We are seen through JESUS because we are IN JESUS. This is a PEACE that lasts for eternity, and it is extended because of God's Grace and Love for us. Let's be realistic and know that Christians will be involved in almost constant warfare during this short life, but we also have the PEACE of and from GOD. GOD has equipped us and will equip us for the work HE has for us to do. The Strength, Power, Peace, and Tools God has given us are beyond human imagination, but we must remember one of the most important things - HE IS WITH US, AND HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US OR FORSAKE US!

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 4:36-38 NASB  "Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. "For in this case the saying is true, 'One sows and another reaps.' "I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored and you have entered into their labor."

John 10:8-10 NASB  "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2005, 07:57:58 AM »

Glorifying God - The Sum of Christian Duty

Philippians 4:8-9 NASB  Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Brothers and Sisters,

This is just a portion of a Bible Study I am doing now. I am hoping to post the entire study soon. In the meantime, please take some time out of your busy schedule to study and enjoy the short but very beautiful Book of Philippians. Find a quiet time, lean back, and listen to the things of the LORD.

I had planned to do something else first, but I felt led to do this study when one of the references was Philippians 4:8-9. This beautiful portion of Scripture applies more today than ever. I can't think of a time where the average person is assaulted so frequently with the things of the world, and it is sometimes very difficult to shut the things of the world out of our lives and the lives of our children. If we are Christians, we have personal duties to GOD and duties to our children for GOD. This small and precious portion of Scripture actually serves as a summary for all Christian duty. We will NOT measure up, but we should pray for God's help and guidance to try. I must say that I think Philippians is one of the most beautiful books in the Bible. It's only (4) short chapters, so please take a rest and read the entire book. I think that you will agree that many individual Scriptures in Philippians speak volumes and have many Christian applications.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 1:27-28 NASB  Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; in no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.

Brother Tom,
So often, I find myself being reminded by the Holy Spirit of the beautiful Scripture (Phil 4:8-9).
I have been physically challenged, emotionally challenged, financially challenged, just as almost, if not all of us have been. satan knows that if he can take our mind off Jesus, he can start chipping away at our faith in God, and start making us feel sorry for ourselves, and angry at those that have hurt us, to the point that we might even be angry at ourselves for having forgiven those that have hurt us, and even wanting to get revenge, or get even, or start trouble... these things can happen when we take our eyes off Jesus....even for a second. satan know he can't defeat Jesus, the only thing he can do to hurt Jesus now is to hurt us..or to take us down...
Every time my thoughts start to wander away from the things of God, or I start thinking about how someone either etrayed me, hurt me lied to me, or anything else... I think on this Scripture..
You see it's not about me, it's about Jesus, He is and should always be the main focus of my life...sometimes I need to be reminded of that... praise God, He knew that and He put that Scripture there to remind me...
God Bless

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2005, 10:29:23 AM »

Amen Sister Maria!!

Your post touched my heart. YES, many of us are afflicted in one way or another, but I also know that many of us came closer to JESUS because of that affliction or trial in our lives.

This is difficult to explain as a positive experience that lasts for the rest of your life unless you've actually been in that situation that everyone knows is a major life crisis. Some of the strongest and most effective Christians I've ever met in my life have been through a crisis or they are still dealing with a crisis. We can do all things in JESUS, and HE Will walk with us every step of the way in this short life if we simply pray and ask HIM to. We are weak, BUT HE IS STRONG! I give thanks that my major life crisis DID bring me closer to JESUS, and I give thanks that HE is with me every second of every day. THANK YOU JESUS!!

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 116:12-13 NASB  What shall I render to the LORD For all His benefits toward me?  I shall lift up the cup of salvation And call upon the name of the LORD.

Romans 8:16-18 NASB  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Psalms 121:2 NASB  My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2005, 04:43:17 AM »

AMEN
I tell you Brother Tom, sometimes when I am reading some Scripture or studying a certain verse, I am almost certain God put it there just for me.  Cheesy
And I'm glad He did. Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2006, 10:25:53 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Romans 8 has always been among my favorite portions of Scripture, and that's what I read this morning. I stopped after verse 2 and started looking for references. I stopped because this was already a LOT to think about and give thanks for.

Romans 8:1-2 NASB  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Romans 8:1-2 is one of the most powerful portions of Scripture in the Holy Bible.  It is very blunt and to the point, but it speaks volumes. I like to let this portion of Scripture speak for itself, but I would like to add some references for you to study.

References:

Romans 4:7-8 NASB  "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED. "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

John 3:18-19  NASB  "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

John 5:24  NASB  "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Galatians 3:13  NASB  Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us--for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE"--

Brothers and Sisters, I hope you enjoy this little study as much as I did. If you want to consider all of the references and put them in context, this would be a lengthy and beautiful study.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 2:19-21 NASB  "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

livingbyfaith

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »

color=maroon][/color]

Any scripture you choose is always a good one.  But the one or ones that especially touches your heart is the one that somehow brought you closer to God.

Mine is Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is the discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

I can't say that one without also going to Psalm 139:14-16  "I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made...my substance was not hid from thee when I was made in secret.  Your eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in your book all my members were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them." ( did skip some of the words.)

I am always so amazed that God knows all about me.  He knows my beginning and my end.  He made a pattern to use just for me.  No one else is exactly like me.  (I don't want to be cloned.)  No one else is exactly like you either.

Hebrews is especially dear to me now.  God promised He was going to heal me.  Right now He is dealing with my thoughts and intents of my heart.  Showing me the errors that have been deeply buried.  He is bringing them to the front to make me aware of them.

Then He can get rid of them when I am ready to let Him do so.  Our souls and spirits are often in much disagreement but God can change that, too. 

Study them together.  In  75 years plus 9 months, God fearfully and wonderfully made me.  I don't know how long He worked on you so far.  He is the potter and we are the clay.   He continues to mold us until He is satisfied with the finished product.  Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith.
I hope this makes sense to you but that is the way I see it. When God works on me, I get closer and closer to Him.    Same should be for you.  He is a wonderful, loving God.  We owe Him our all.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2006, 10:37:39 PM »

I don't know how long He worked on you so far.

Jer 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb...............

A very long time .............

Wink Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2006, 06:50:56 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was reading some beautiful portions of Scripture this morning, and I wanted to share a portion that really gave me a blessing. Studying the references and comparisons for this portion of Scripture makes for a beautiful Bible study.

2 Corinthians 9:5 NASB  So I thought it necessary to urge the brethren that they would go on ahead to you and arrange beforehand your previously promised bountiful gift, so that the same would be ready as a bountiful gift and not affected by covetousness.

2 Corinthians 9:6 NASB  Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.

2 Corinthians 9:7 NASB  Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Corinthians 9:8 NASB  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

2 Corinthians 9:9 NASB  as it is written, "HE SCATTERED ABROAD, HE GAVE TO THE POOR, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER."

2 Corinthians 9:10 NASB  Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;

2 Corinthians 9:11 NASB  you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God.

2 Corinthians 9:12 NASB  For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God.

2 Corinthians 9:13 NASB  Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all,

2 Corinthians 9:14 NASB  while they also, by prayer on your behalf, yearn for you because of the surpassing grace of God in you.

2 Corinthians 9:15 NASB  Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

It is important that Christians recognize that everything good originates and comes from God. God supplies His children with everything we need, and this is nothing that we have earned or deserved, rather everything good comes about because of the Grace of GOD.

There are many other important issues addressed in this portion of Scripture, but I only want to mention maybe two more. Our Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST, died on the Cross for us as a GIFT. This most important event in the history of mankind was the greatest expression of GOD'S Love, Mercy, and GRACE (undeserved GIFT) toward mankind. Those of us who have received the precious GIFT of JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Saviour should have hearts of love and appreciation. Anything we do for others in the name of God or on His behalf MUST be done in the same spirit of grace, love, joy, cheer, and as a gift for GOD to be pleased with our work. If we work for GOD in a spirit of dread or as a chore, GOD will NOT be pleased with our work. GOD freely gave us everything in GRACE and LOVE, and that's what we MUST do with others.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB  "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2006, 10:03:29 AM »

A verse from my "today" favorite song!  Cheesy

"Truly I've been through the storm and rain.
I know every thing about heartache and pain.
But God carried me through it all!
Without His protection I'd surely fall.
I've been broke, without a dime to my name.
But all my bills got paid because I called on Jesus' name.
You can't tell me that God isnt real!
'Cause I've got the victory and that's why I'm still here."

Yolanda Adams
Album: Day by Day
Track: Victory

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 10:05:57 AM by sincereheart » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2006, 09:47:21 PM »

Romans 8:35-37  35 Who shall ever separate us from Christ's love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword? 36 Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors [a]and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.

Conquerors! We win!! When you open up the last book of the Bible, Revelation, that is the message Christians win because Jesus is the one true conqueror. No matter how the battle is going for you right now, remember that in the end, we win because Jesus wins!

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2006, 11:37:20 AM »

BUSY AND BARREN
By: Bob George

Someone experiences a genuine conversion to Jesus Christ that results in immediate changes. But there seems to be something lacking in knowing how to live from that point. He dutifully obeys the instructions that other believers give him, and jumps onto the treadmill of service. It isn't long before he discovers that no amount of service - sincere though it may be ­ will make a person spiritual. In desperation he re-doubles his efforts but, like a person struggling in quicksand, it seems that the harder he tries, the deeper he sinks.

Other people get bound up in fear and guilt, effectively frustrating their personal growth.

Like children living under hyperauthoritarian parents, they live in a state of constant worry that they will suffer the application of God's big wooden spoon. Consciously or unconsciously, they live by a list of rules. When they keep those rules, they are "okay." When they slip, they get ready to bend over. As a result, many born-again Christians live in terrible bondage, constantly worrying if they are obeying the right rules or doing the right activities to please God. An oppressive burden of guilt becomes their normal, everyday experience.

We don't necessarily recognize these people as hurting. On the outside, they may be smiling, repeating the usual Christian cliches, and performing the expected church functions. But inside, they know they are putting on an act. They would love to be free of the burden. They deeply desire to share their fears, pains, and doubts, but don't for fear of being condemned, so they suffer their own silent condemnation, wondering if God will ever find it in His heart to accept them.

Is this then, what Jesus had in mind when He talked of an "abundant life"? No! But if people have never experienced anything different, they will accept their predicament as normal. They will assume "that's just the way it is."

I have got great news. The Christian life really isn't a matter of perfecting your acting ability. It can be real!

From: Classic Christianity. Eugene: Harvest House Publishers. ©1989.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2006, 04:37:15 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was just reading the Bible and felt led to share a portion of Scripture that speaks volumes. It is beautiful and powerful without any commentary at all:

Colossians 1:15 NASB  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

Colossians 1:16 NASB  For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Colossians 1:17 NASB  He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Colossians 1:18 NASB  He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Colossians 1:19 NASB  For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,

Colossians 1:20 NASB  and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 09:42:33 AM »

Isaiah 66:1-2 NASB  Thus says the LORD, "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest? "For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD. "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.

Brothers and Sisters,

I read some portions of Isaiah this morning, and I'm glad that I did. Some portions of Isaiah are quite beautiful, and other portions describe the terror of the wicked.

The first thing this portion of Scripture should accomplish is remind us that the might and majesty of ALMIGHTY GOD is beyond human description. We need GOD and we should know from many portions of Scripture that we should be humble, beg for forgiveness, and yield completely to HIS WORD and WILL.

Any thought we could possibly have about ALMIGHTY GOD would be an understatement. YES, we should tremble before him with awe, respect, love, and fear. We do worship a GOD of great mercy, grace, and love toward us, but we should also remember that HE is a GOD of great wrath and HIS mercy does come to an end. There will come a day when GOD will pour out HIS WRATH on evil, and that day could be soon.

I really wanted to share a few thoughts with you about our HEAVENLY FATHER:

1 - HE is the KING OF KINGS, our CREATOR, and HE loves us.

2 - We should always place HIM FIRST and never take HIS love and grace for granted.

3 - HE gives us all we have, and all to HIM we owe.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the