Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:24:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Red Friday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Friday  (Read 4910 times)
John 3:16

My Heavenly Father Is Alive Today

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2005, 05:45:53 PM »

You will soon see a lot of people wearing Red  on Fridays. Here's
>why.....
>The Americans, who support our troops, are the silent majority. We are
>not "organized" to reflect who we are, or to reflect what our opinions are.
>Many Americans, like yourself, and all their friends, simply want to
>recognize that Americans support our troops. Our idea of showing our
>solidarity and support for our troops is starting Friday and continuing
>on each and every Friday, until this is over, that every red -blooded
>American who supports our young men and  women, WEAR
>SOMETHING RED. Word of mouth, press, TV -- let's see if we can
>make the United States, on any given Friday, a sea of red much like
>a home football game at a University. If every one of our memberships
>share this with other acquaintances, fellow workers, friends, and
>neighbors, I guarantee that it will not be long before the USA will be
>covered in RED - and make our troops know there are many people
>thinking  of their well-being. You will  feel better all day Friday when
>you  wear Red! So let's get the word out and lead by example; wear
>RED on  Fridays. I sent this out to everyone on my email list; hopefully,
>you will too. Please forward this to everyone you know!!
>Wear Red on Fridays...
>
>SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF  THE BRAVE. FOR US, THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED!! GOD BLESS  AMERICA.
>
>"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when
>our wings have trouble remembering  how to fly"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:23:38 PM »

Praise God for such brave men and women that are willing to sacrifice their lives for the freedom of the world!

My family and I were just talking about this very subject. Of course that is an almost every day occurance in my home. I just passed a yard that had a sign in it. This sign said "Bush kills .... " then gave the number of deaths of Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan with some rude comment at the end about the war.

This jerks my chains every time I see such things that denigrate our Troops and what they are doing.

I for one will be wearing red, not only on Friday but every day. I will pass the word to everyone I can and will let them Troops that I have contact with also know what people are doing in this aspect.

Thank you for posting this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 06:25:32 PM »

Hey ~j316~

That's actually not a bad idea at all.  Sorta follows the 'yellow ribbon' line of thinking, with a personal touch.

I guess I'll have to go out and buy a red shirt, since my red undies probably won't really count, huh.   Grin

Does this mean liberals will start wearing blue?  Undecided

Getting kinda like gangs in the hood, huh.  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »

Hey ~j316~

That's actually not a bad idea at all.  Sorta follows the 'yellow ribbon' line of thinking, with a personal touch.

I guess I'll have to go out and buy a red shirt, since my red undies probably won't really count, huh.   Grin

Does this mean liberals will start wearing blue?  Undecided

Getting kinda like gangs in the hood, huh.  Grin

Sounds like a pretty good gang to be in though.

I have several red shirts that also says "Support Our Troops" on them.

I just found out this email has been going around for a while. I wonder why this hasn't taken off yet. A Military forum that I am on had it posted back on 02 April 05. Guess I missed it when it was posted there then.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 07:03:29 PM »

This IS a great idea and it's the first time I've heard about it.  It just popped into my mind that it might be a good idea to hang a red ribbon on our houses, businesses, cars, etc., too.  It would be a daily reminder of why we are a FREE nation.  Maybe it would instill respect in more people.  At the very least, it would be kept in the forefront of our minds  Can you imagine not going anywhere without the reminder?  WOW!  What a boost to our troops and our President.

Oh JN, you could tuck your shirt into your red undies and leave the waistband exposed when you put on your trousers.  Make 'em count. Grin  Go ahead, start a new fad! Cool Lips Sealed

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 07:20:40 PM »

This IS a great idea and it's the first time I've heard about it.  It just popped into my mind that it might be a good idea to hang a red ribbon on our houses, businesses, cars, etc., too.  It would be a daily reminder of why we are a FREE nation.  Maybe it would instill respect in more people.  At the very least, it would be kept in the forefront of our minds  Can you imagine not going anywhere without the reminder?  WOW!  What a boost to our troops and our President.

Oh JN, you could tuck your shirt into your red undies and leave the waistband exposed when you put on your trousers.  Make 'em count. Grin  Go ahead, start a new fad! Cool Lips Sealed

I like that idea, too. I'll have to raid my wifes red material from her sewing room and make a bunch of large ribbons to hand on everything. Hmmm, I wonder if she has enough to go around all the trees in the city park?  Cheesy Cheesy

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 07:53:11 PM »

I like that idea, too. I'll have to raid my wifes red material from her sewing room and make a bunch of large ribbons to hand on everything. Hmmm, I wonder if she has enough to go around all the trees in the city park?  Cheesy Cheesy

There's a saying about those people who have fabric stashes.  I can't remember what it is exactly.  Something about dying with the most fabric.  Your wife probably knows what it is.  I've heard that there are many, many fabric aficionados out there.  They always have an excuse for buying MORE, it's a deal, it's a steal, I can make my husband pajamas, I can make gifts, and last, but not least, I'm saving money. Grin  Before one knows it, fabric is stashed in the basement because there's no room left in the sewing room anymore.  Then, it gets stashed in the attic.  Then, after all those years, one has a garage sale.  Hey PR, I bet your wife would love a use for her red fabric. Wink  Maybe she will even join in and help you. Wink  If she's a fabric lover, she probably does have enough to go around all the trees in the city park. hehe

Grace and peace,
cris

SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

I like that idea, too. ............  Cheesy Cheesy

Hey Everyone,

I wish I had seen this in 2002, as PR said he saw it at that time.

I've had red/white/blue ribbon displayed for years, but will add to that the color red now.  Thank you everyone who started this and supports it.

God bless you.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 08:48:29 PM »

cris said
I can make my husband pajamas,
nuf sed.
 Lips Sealed  Cool  Grin

(j/k - I know you were simply quoting another a woman's excuse for buying material...)
 Grin

I'll catcha yet - you'll slip - sooner or later...
 Wink

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 08:57:53 PM »

Quote from: JudgeNot

I'll catcha yet - you'll slip - sooner or later...
 Wink
[quote

Oh, how very thoughtful of you JN.  It's always nice to know you'll be there to catch me whenever I fall. tehe

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 09:01:35 PM »

Watch it - there was that "te-he" again.  Smiley

(Actually, you can be an asexual-droid for all I care - from the support you've given me - I'd love ya no matter what!)   Grin

JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 09:07:13 PM »

[quote author=cris link=board=7;threadid=8101;start=0#msg104793 date=1121903591

There's a saying about those people who have fabric stashes.  I can't remember what it is exactly.  Something about dying with the most fabric.  Your wife probably knows what it is.  I've heard that there are many, many fabric aficionados out there.  They always have an excuse for buying MORE, it's a deal, it's a steal, I can make my husband pajamas, I can make gifts, and last, but not least, I'm saving money. Grin  Before one knows it, fabric is stashed in the basement because there's no room left in the sewing room anymore.  Then, it gets stashed in the attic.  Then, after all those years, one has a garage sale.  Hey PR, I bet your wife would love a use for her red fabric. Wink  Maybe she will even join in and help you. Wink  If she's a fabric lover, she probably does have enough to go around all the trees in the city park. hehe

Grace and peace,
cris

We don't have a basement and nothing can get into the attic. Our stash is in rubbermaid containers in every closet in the house, behind my dresser in the bedroom, under the dining table and behind our desk.

The material never gets to a yard sale and probably never will. When someone we know needs clothing my wife makes it for them. If someone needs quilts or curtains, I make them. We take care of the majority of our family that way and have helped fire victims, homeless people and numerous people in the housing here.

I love those bargains, 50 cents to a dollar a yard mostly. A few times a dollar per bolt.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 09:09:03 PM »

Oh yea - that reminds me - I'm outta here - gotta go buy a red shirt....

JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 09:11:23 PM »

Watch it - there was that "te-he" again.  Smiley

(Actually, you can be an asexual-droid for all I care - from the support you've given me - I'd love ya no matter what!)   Grin

Oh yeah! Grin

hehehe...........................PROVE IT!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 09:36:11 PM »

[quote author=cris link=board=7;threadid=8101;start=0#msg104793 date=1121903591

Grace and peace,
cris

We don't have a basement and nothing can get into the attic. Our stash is in rubbermaid containers in every closet in the house, behind my dresser in the bedroom, under the dining table and behind our desk.

The material never gets to a yard sale and probably never will. When someone we know needs clothing my wife makes it for them. If someone needs quilts or curtains, I make them. We take care of the majority of our family that way and have helped fire victims, homeless people and numerous people in the housing here.

I love those bargains, 50 cents to a dollar a yard mostly. A few times a dollar per bolt.

Sooo.............you're the fabri-holic in the family.  Over here, over here, I need new curtains. Grin

Who taught ya to sew?  Your wife?  Or, maybe you taught her to sew.  Sewing takes a lot of time and patience.  One either has an knack for it or they don't.  For some reason, men seem to do well in this area.............ie., tailors.  One rarely sees a female tailor.

That's a great ministry you and your wife have.  I'm sure you guys are very much appreciated. What dear wonderful people you are. I'll bet you guys are very well known in your area.  I've never heard of a ministry quite like this. This is great.

You said you also take care of family.  I guess this means your kids don't sew.  Have they ever showed an interest?

A week or so ago, I think it might have been "M", asked if anyone on the forum sewed their own clothes.  No one answered, at least I don't think anyone did.  The  home sewing business has really changed in recent years...........all those computerized embroidery machines.  The price has change a lot too.  Some of those machines are $6,000.  Then one has to have a computer hooked up to it.  I remember my grandmother's sewing machine.  It was an non-electric treadle Singer.  She never wanted the electric model.  She made quilts and pajamas, mostly.  I guess the treadle served her purpose very well.  Since the Amish don't use electricity, I wonder if they use the treadles?  Just thinking out loud.  Maybe they don't use machines at all.  Maybe they do all their sewing by hand, still.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the