Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 11:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286877 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Revelations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Revelations  (Read 1183 times)
Godzilla1985

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2005, 07:30:24 PM »

The signs of the End Times and Jesus Christ's second coming are all around us in our headlines and right in front of us.  This is a time to rejoice that Satan's reign is nearing the End.  It is also the time to worry about our lost sheep and our friends, the Non-believers and Anti-believers.   Even if they reject you, they may not reject Christ.  

I have thought and prayer about the purpose of The Book of Revelations, looking more than just it being a warning of things to come.  I believe the intent is to serve as a message of hope to all and a manual for those left behind.

Even STILL have faith that those you are trying to reach out to will accept Christ and Repent, in God's final and very last chance for Salvation.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:42:18 PM »

Amen!   I do believe we are fast approaching the return of the Lord also.   I find it interesting that you can even see documentaries about the book of Revelation on the History channel and Discovery as of late.  Its as if even the secular world senses something is up.    

May we be ever vigillant and carefull to take every opportunity to share His Grace and mercy with others while there is still time.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:45:54 PM »

Hey
Although the end times are a time of rejoicing, it does scare me. I am deeply afraid of persecution but more than anything; I have freinds and family who are not saved. I wish that they would learn to become more accepting of His word. Our God has so much to offer.

I'm not sure how close the end time will come. I think that things need to get alot worse before we can even contemplate the end times. Once there is peace in the Holy Land, then we will now that Satan's reign on earth will soon come to an end. I don't want to be around then.

God = love
Bronzesnake
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:30:47 PM »

Hey
Although the end times are a time of rejoicing, it does scare me. I am deeply afraid of persecution but more than anything; I have freinds and family who are not saved. I wish that they would learn to become more accepting of His word. Our God has so much to offer.

I'm not sure how close the end time will come. I think that things need to get alot worse before we can even contemplate the end times. Once there is peace in the Holy Land, then we will now that Satan's reign on earth will soon come to an end. I don't want to be around then.

Hello my friend.
I know what you mean about unsaved loved ones, that's a sad thought. My own father is not a believer, but I continue to ask God to miraculously change his heart.
I trust God no matter what happens.

We are not to fear anything my friend. Fear is a spirit from satan, and we can overcome our fears through prayer and faith in Jesus.

These end times are supposed to be a comfort to Christians. Something to look forward to. Jesus will take us out of the final antichrist ruled seven years to be with Him until the time when He gathers us up to return to earth and begin the thousand year rein.

The following verses describe this "rapture" and point out that we are to "comfort" each other, because Jesus is coming to take us out of harms way. We are not going to face God's wrath.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.  

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort  one another with these words.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 05:38:47 PM »

Hey

Hello my friend.
I know what you mean about unsaved loved ones, that's a sad thought. My own father is not a believer, but I continue to ask God to miraculously change his heart.
I trust God no matter what happens.

We are not to fear anything my friend. Fear is a spirit from satan, and we can overcome our fears through prayer and faith in Jesus.

These end times are supposed to be a comfort to Christians. Something to look forward to. Jesus will take us out of the final antichrist ruled seven years to be with Him until the time when He gathers us up to return to earth and begin the thousand year rein.

The following verses describe this "rapture" and point out that we are to "comfort" each other, because Jesus is coming to take us out of harms way. We are not going to face God's wrath.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.  

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  

1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort  one another with these words.
AMEN BRNZ! Oh welcome back, I am just getting back myself.

Resting peace-fully in the arms of Christ.
Bob

Judges 18:27 Then they took what Micah had made, and his priest, and went on to Laish, against a peaceful and unsuspecting people. They attacked them with the sword and burned down their city.

Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 08:57:47 AM »

Hey Bronzesnake,
what you have written has been very encouraging for me to read. I am afraid, not just for me but my friends and family. I think all we can do is pray.

God = love
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 05:22:16 PM »

Thank you Dreamweaver. It's good to see you back also my brother!

Gaurav. I'm glad those verses encouraged you my friend.
This is a frightening time. I think it's the unknown more than the threat of harm. God will not abandon us. I do fully understand your fear for family and friends who are not saved, and you are right, all we can do is pray and trust Jesus.

Take care my friends.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the