Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer for change
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer for change  (Read 2399 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 06:35:32 PM »

Thanks for the update, Rachel.

You know, I happened to think - something else that works quite well for me personally:  When I'm down in the dumps and feel disconnected with God, I've found that if I tell someone, ANYONE, about Jesus - the spirit renews in my heart.

Works for me. Smiley

God loves ya,
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 07:17:49 PM »

Hello everyone---

To answer a few of your questions:
I have a psychologist I see, as I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I saw him when I was in the hospital in December, when I tried to kill myself, and he has become my doctor. It just so happens that he is also a Christian, and has really been helping me get my faith back. He said to me last nite at my session, "Rachel, there are so many people that I see that don't have what you have, a faith to build on," something like that he said. It made me think. It is a blessing that I found him, there are only 3 doctors in MN that practice the e and rp therapy that is used for OCD, and he is only 15 miles away, praise God!

Today I am really very numb. I don't have much feelings about anything, really. And maybe that is okay, cuz then I don't have to be in despair, even if it only lasts for a day.

I want to tell you that I am so blessed by the way you care for me. I see you all trying to help me, and giving me help, and Scripture and prayers. Please know that I take all your stuff very seriously. I appreciate what you have given me. Can I ask you something? Can you hang with me till I get over this slump? I may not be able to do the things you tell me to do yet, but I have them in my mind. I want to kneel at His feet and ask forgiveness, and give Him my burdens. I just can't right now, but I know it will be coming soon.

Please don't give up on me. I am awake now, just gotta "get dressed".

God bless all of you,
Rachel

Rachel,

Thanks for your post.  We won't give up on you.  Don't you give up on yourself.  You will get free.  Do you hear me?  You WILL get free, girl.  With Jesus on your side you cannot lose.  I was so glad to hear that you're seeing a Christian psychologist.  Have you contacted him in the last couple of days about how you're feeling?  If you haven't, you probably should.  Certainly, he needs to know what's happening with you.  I could ask lots of questions, but I won't, because it's none of my business.  I just think he needs to know what's going on with you emotionally, now.  Don't depend on your hubby to respond to your emotional needs because it doesn't seem like he is able.  To me, it seems like he's part of your problem.  I'm going to let it go at that.  Just keep on keepin' on.  Just keep praying.  Just tell God that you can't do it alone and need His help.  A very long time ago, when I prayed one day, I told God I felt so bad because the only time I prayed was when I was in need.  Know what He said to me?  "I would rather you come to Me in need than never come to Me at all."  WOW, that really made me think about how merciful and gracious He is.  Love beyond description!  It's called AGAPE.

You will be in my prayers.

Grace and peace,
cris

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the