Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:52:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Large age difference.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Large age difference.  (Read 3682 times)
Joseph98

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2005, 10:28:09 AM »

I am 19 and I am friends with this girl who is 14.  I am really self concious about it when people at church see us talking or hanging out there.  We only hang out at church and if it is outside of church it is with her family.  We do like eachother so it could be something more but I am freaked out about it because I am 5 years older than she is.  Then I think I will be 26 when she is 21.  That doesn't sound bad does it?  Her parents would kill me if something were to happen, which is a good thing. HAHA.  Just the fact that she is a minor irks me about being her friend.  I hate stirring up problems but I think a lot of people at church think we are in a dating relationship.  That is a bad thing to me.  Any thoughts Huh
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 11:29:34 AM »

When she is 21 and you are 26 there is not much difference in age and it can be a good thing. When she is 14 and you are 19 there is a big difference in age. At the age of 14 she is just now discovering herself. What her likes and dislikes are. Understanding what is going on around her. You are College aged and she is just reaching High School age. This means that you have more responsibility, freedoms in decisions, starting out on a life of your own that will be somewhat separate from your parents. She has not reached this yet in her social life and rightly so.

It is a difficult time in both her and your lives. I strongly suggest and encourage that you keep this relationship completely platonic for many years to come. In other words, fear what her parents and the legal system could do to you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 10:47:27 PM »

Joe -
Pastor Roger is absolutely correct.  You aren't 26 and she isn't 21.  You are, by law, an adult.  She is a child.  One squeak from ANYONE - not just her parents - and you could ruin your entire life.  If you are ever labeled a "sex offender" or "molester" - whether true or false - you will never live a peaceful moment the rest of your life.  You will have to REGISTER with the STATE where ever you go, and face your neighbor's ugly glares - for as long as you live...

Think about it.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 10:59:37 PM »

I am 19 and I am friends with this girl who is 14.  I am really self concious about it when people at church see us talking or hanging out there.  We only hang out at church and if it is outside of church it is with her family.  We do like eachother so it could be something more but I am freaked out about it because I am 5 years older than she is.  Then I think I will be 26 when she is 21.  That doesn't sound bad does it?  Her parents would kill me if something were to happen, which is a good thing. HAHA.  Just the fact that she is a minor irks me about being her friend.  I hate stirring up problems but I think a lot of people at church think we are in a dating relationship.  That is a bad thing to me.  Any thoughts Huh

Joseph,

You know better son. She 14 years old for crying out loud. She still doesn't know which way is up in her life!! She will change several times over the next 4 years, and maybe into something you don't like.

Keep at arms length, and I mean STRICTLY at arms length. Disregard my council, AND the wishes of her parents, and you WILL reap what you sow. Count on it!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 11:11:01 PM by ZakDar » Logged

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the