Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  sewing clothing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: sewing clothing  (Read 1669 times)
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2005, 08:49:37 AM »

Do any of you Christian women like to sew your own clothing?  I find the choice of modest and affordable clothing in stores to be limited.  I find it difficult to find dresses that are modest and fit properly.   So I have been sewing much of my own clothing such as dresses and long skirts.  Does anyone like to sew their own dresses and skirts?
hisloveneverfails3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 05:27:09 PM »

Hello! I am only 15 years old and I love to sew, I recently learned, at the beinning of the summer. Although I may not be your age or anything... I still struggle with the same problem. Alot of pants and dresses or skirts are too revealing and immodest. Shirts are too low cut... pants too tight... you name it. I recently started to realize how young women my age dress. And sometimes its so sad! most wear pants... sometimes too tight, and barely skirts. I mean its nice when a young woman or any woman of that matter dresses in a nice (modest) skirt or dress. Thats why I have started to make many tops and pants for myself, and im beginning on a simple lavender dress for church or nice occasion. its alot of fun! I love to sew very much. I think its awesome someone else shares the same hobby/passion as me!
May the Lord Bless you and make his face shine upon you! Smiley

-MARIGRACE
"For sin shall not be your master, because your are not under law, but under GRACE"
(Romans 6:14)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »

Do any of you Christian women like to sew your own clothing?

I don't fit that category  Wink but I do like to sew. My wife is the primary seamstress in the family when it comes to womens fashions. She has made almost all of her own clothes, many of our daughters and granddaughters clothes. She made the wedding dresses for our daughter and daughter-in-law.

She also has helped many people in the church and neighborhood that cannot sew and can't afford new clothes.

As for me, I have made neckties and vests for myself and sons. My wife and I neither one want to tackle doing mens pants or suits. I also make quilts for all of our family and have made some for fire victims, a local homeless shelter and people in the local government housing. I don't think I am ready to tackle anything more complicated.

We also have an embroidery machine that we use to decorate the clothing and quilts.

Hi, HisLoveNeverFails. It is great to hear that someone of your age is interested in sewing. It seems to be a dying tradition yet it is the best way to get really nice fitting and nice looking clothes.

We get our material off of bargain racks ($1.00 or less per yard and sometimes a $1.00 for a whole bolt) and we have been able to get material at yard sales, too. Doing this we have been able to make things at a great savings.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
pinkroses

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 07:31:23 PM »

Hello there; I sew my skirts and stuff like that I have to cut my pants off a mile when I buy them because they are too long. lol.  And to hisloveneverfails3,  the 15 year old young lady  I appalued you on your modesty.  I think that is really strength of charcater; that you are that concerned on sewing your own clothing. May God Bless You. A lot of young ladies these days only want to be in style never giving it a second thought.  Love and prayers. pinkroses.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 11:16:43 PM »

I am so impressed with our young sister!  How refreshing it is these days to meet a 15-year-old girl that is modest and demure!  Welcome to the CU family little one!  My prayer for you is that you stay as sweet and innocent as you are today.  It makes me smile to think of you sitting at a sewing maching making that lavender dress!  I used to sew when I was quite young, so I guess I can still do it now.  I also knit, crochet and do needlepoint.  Cooking is another favorite hobby and I've also started scrapbooking. . .

Keep posting little one, I'm definitely going to keep track of you.  You're in my heart!

Blessings -

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the