Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bibles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bibles  (Read 10289 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 12:01:05 AM »

So my next question would be this. Would you take that to mean that the Church I was attending was twisting Gods word to fit their "doctrine"? That no woman was allowed to own or wear pants? Huh

Are they pants that a man would wear? uh... Let me rephrase that. Are they mens pants?

As with any church doctrine .... people will understand what they want to understand. I am against hip huggers, skin tight show everything pants on a man or woman. But I also believe that it is more modest in some circumstances for a woman to wear pants than a one piece over the ankles, up to the chin, long sleeve dress could ever be.

I would have to agree with my Aunt when she told her pastor "You're crazy if you think I'm wearin' a dress to bail hay, milk the cows or slop the hogs." (she did all that and more after my Uncle died and left her nothing but the farm)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Sammi

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 12:06:19 AM »

I don't attend this Church and haven't for many years, this was just one of the reasons why. The pastor was also preaching from the pulpit that if you were reading any but the KJV you were a Satan worshipper, especially NIV. I just wanted to know if this was another thing that the KJV onlyists were in agreement on and were preaching.

The thing that made me so angry about the pant issue was this, The pastors wife came to ME and asked me if I would please work in the nursery the following week, I said sure. So because I was going to be in with a bunch of infants and toddlers, I decided to wear baggy dress pants and a sleeveless button up blouse as it was summer time. And a pair of sandals. First off, I was the first one there and everyone was about 20 minutes late. I had no idea what to do and parents were bringing their children in. I told them I was new, first day and would they mind waiting until the "real" nursery workers came in. So the nursery was full of parents and children. The pastors wife comes in and tells me in front of everyone that I was going to have to leave and come back the following week. I said, why? She said because I was wearing pants and they were not allowed by women to wear. So she embarrassed me in front of all of these parents, and that was the first time I've ever been told by any Church that pants are not to be worn by women. I was livid. I went and told my husband who was in Church that I was leaving with or without him. We left and went home. I had told her I wasn't going to work in the nursery after that. The next week is when the pastor started on the KJV thing. I never went back. Undecided
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:16:27 AM by Sammi » Logged

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2005, 12:07:48 AM »

Are they pants that a man would wear? uh... Let me rephrase that. Are they mens pants?

Sorry.......................................but I'm ROFL!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2005, 12:13:16 AM »

I don't attend this Church and haven't for many years, this was just one of the reasons why. The pastor was also preaching from the pulpit that if you were reading any but the KJV you were a Satan worshipper, especially NIV. I just wanted to know if this was another thing that the KJV onlyists were in agreement on and were preaching.

Sammi,

Actually I never knew there was a war of bibles going on until I got on the internet.  I think someone else on this forum said the same thing.

I'm glad you are away from that church.  Sounds like one that brainwashes.

Just keep praying about this if you're still confused.  God will answer you.....................He promised!

Grace and peace,
cris

Sammi

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2005, 12:17:25 AM »

I wear pants, womens pants!!  Grin

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2005, 12:26:35 AM »

A L L L L L L R I G H T..............there she is..............Miss America. Wink   Can't get that tune out of my head.  Now it's stuck in yours too. Grin hehe

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2005, 12:26:54 AM »

I would not know about KJV onlyists on this issue> Personally I am a KJV advocate as I believe it is the most accurate and complete Bible. I do not believe that people that use other versions are Satan worshippers, just that perhaps they are missing out on some of the Bible because I do admit that many versions do leave out many things.

There are many versions that do not leave those verses out and are easier to understand for most people than any of the KJV versions. (I understand the KJV language as it was my first reader. My second and third reader, too.)

There are some versions that I strongly recommend against as they do twist the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. "The Message" bible and "The New World Translation" amongst a few.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »

Sorry.......................................but I'm ROFL!

Sorry couldn't resist.   Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2005, 12:30:43 AM »

A L L L L L L R I G H T..............there she is..............Miss America. Wink   Can't get that tune out of my head.  Now it's stuck in yours too. Grin hehe

Naw .... never liked it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2005, 12:33:11 AM »

My aunt that I mentioned above wore bibbed overalls but of a design that you wouldn't catch me in! Very modest but also very feminine and she was a very strong, conservative Christian.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2005, 12:38:55 AM »

I would not know about KJV onlyists on this issue> Personally I am a KJV advocate as I believe it is the most accurate and complete Bible. I do not believe that people that use other versions are Satan worshippers, just that perhaps they are missing out on some of the Bible because I do admit that many versions do leave out many things.

There are many versions that do not leave those verses out and are easier to understand for most people than any of the KJV versions. (I understand the KJV language as it was my first reader. My second and third reader, too.)

There are some versions that I strongly recommend against as they do twist the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. "The Message" bible and "The New World Translation" amongst a few.

I have heard negatives about the Message bible and isn't the New World Translation a JW bible?  If it isn't, it sure sounds like a similar name to theirs.

I use the NASB-------1977 edition and love it.  This particular one is out of print and they are going for a couple of hundred dollars if you can find one.

PR........do you know if something is left out of this NASB bible?  I vaguely remember someone saying that 2 "blood verses" were changed and reworded.  I forget which ones they are now.  I did check it at the time and I didn't think it changed the meaning.  I wrote them down but don't recall where they are now.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2005, 12:51:43 AM »

Naw .... never liked it.

WHAT?  YOU NEVER LIKED IT!  IT'S AS AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE.

Well now, for that you get the following tune.

Gotta wash that man right out of my hair, gotta wash that man right out of my hair and send him on his way!!! Grin

Movie:  South Pacific 1950's

And, I'm turning in for the night.  Goodnight!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2005, 12:55:31 AM »

The NWT is the JWs bible. I am not that familiar with the NASB. I have not ever had my hands on one.

Another bible that I do not like is the NRSV (New Revised Stand Version) it has changed a verse in Isaiah I believe that includes the name of Lillith. Lillith was a character in an old mystic Hebrew cult that claimed she was the first wife of Adam (some say she was a fallen angel).

brandplucked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2005, 04:12:37 AM »

I have heard negatives about the Message bible and isn't the New World Translation a JW bible?  If it isn't, it sure sounds like a similar name to theirs.

I use the NASB-------1977 edition and love it.  This particular one is out of print and they are going for a couple of hundred dollars if you can find one.

PR........do you know if something is left out of this NASB bible?  I vaguely remember someone saying that 2 "blood verses" were changed and reworded.  I forget which ones they are now.  I did check it at the time and I didn't think it changed the meaning.  I wrote them down but don't recall where they are now.

brandplucked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2005, 04:24:18 AM »

Hi Chris, you mentioned the 1977 NASB and asked about what it leaves out.  I have a 1977 NASB right here in my study.

Chris, there is far more missing from the NASB than just a couple of "blood verses".  Here is the site again.  It has two parts to it, but it is very easy to read.  Most of these words and whole phrases are omitted in the NASB.  Some of the whole verses are found in some NASBs but in [brackets], which to them, indicates that they are not really part of Scripture.  The bracketed verses are completely omitted from the NIV, RSV, ESV texts, but sometimes they place them in the footnotes.

However, if you go through these two charts, you will see that the NASB omits hundreds of words that are found in the KJB, NKJV, Youngs, the Spanish Reina Valera and all previous English Bibles like the Geneva Bible, Tyndale, Coverdale and Bishops' Bible.

Not all bibles are the same, at all.

Please check it out.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html

Then click on the second part and continue your comparisons.

God bless,

Will K
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the