Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  White Buffalo Born
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: White Buffalo Born  (Read 1376 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: June 09, 2005, 01:15:15 AM »

The birth of a white buffalo is a signal to American Indians, and is said to be a prophetic message that Jesus is about to return.

I don't know about all that, but he sure is purdy taint he?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 10:09:37 AM »

I had heard the same thing said about the birth of a white buffalo. I remember there being one born in the late 60's. I got to see it up close in the early 70's just before shipping out with the Navy. It was full grown, bigger than most adult buffalos and a handsome looking animal. It had a dark spot though just behind one of its horns when it matured that wasn't there at birth. The local tribe said it was not the Great White spoken of by their ancestors because of that spot.

The one in the picture looks like it has a dark spot just above its nose? (it might be just dirty) but I agree it is purdy.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 02:12:07 PM »

Some buffalos which are born white are albino, this one doesn't have red eyes, so it's not albino.
Others are born white, then change to normal brown when they grow up. We'll have to see with this little fella.

Hey Pastor Roger and BEP.
Have you fellas been getting the e-mail I've been sending you? Tom sent me an e-mail today and said he hadn't heard from us in a while, but I've sent e-mail to both of of for the past four days at least.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 03:50:43 PM »

I just sent you an email. A second response to one that you sent me.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 04:33:11 PM »

FWIW, there have been at least 10 white ones born in the past 8-10 years. Only one male, though...the rest have been female, and 4 of them have been to the same mother at a ranch in Ariz.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Bronzesnake
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 04:59:11 PM »

Rare white buffalo born at ranch

The white buffalo calf stood with her mother yesterday at the Buffalo Crossing Restaurant & Family Fun Ranch in Shelby County. (BY MICHAEL CLEVENGER, THE COURIER-JOURNAL)

TO SEE THE CALF

Visitors can see the white buffalo calf and other animals at the ranch from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, except Sundays, when the ranch is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

The ranch is at 1140 Bagdad Road, off Ky. 12 near Shelbyville. Admission is free.

Phone: (502) 647-0377.

Web site: buffalocrossing.com.

TO LEARN MORE

To read more about the white buffalo legend, check online at www.merceronline.com/Native/native05.htm.  

When a rare white buffalo was born Friday at a buffalo ranch in Shelby County, owners Bob and Julie Allen thought the baby had prophecy written in her genes.

The white calf, regarded as a sacred symbol by Lakota Sioux and other Plains Indian tribes, is a granddaughter of the ranch's former big star, award-winning bull Chief Joseph, a hefty 3,000-pound sire that had cost the Allens $101,000. The bull was struck by lightning on Sept. 11, 2001, and died two weeks later.

So the Allens, who own the Buffalo Crossing Restaurant & Family Fun Ranch, were delighted by the calf's birth.

"It's just unbelievable," Bob Allen said.

The appearance of a white buffalo is regarded by some followers of American Indian spirituality as on par with the Christian idea of the second coming of Christ, said Bob Pickering, a researcher at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyo.

"I've heard at least one Lakota elder make that claim," said Pickering, whose book "Seeing the White Buffalo" delves into the legend of the creatures.

As the story goes, Lakota Sioux rituals and beliefs were brought to the tribe by a spiritual being known as the White Buffalo Calf Woman, Pickering said.

A white buffalo calf is interpreted as the sacred reincarnation of the woman, he said. Historically, the white buffalo is "probably about the most spiritual being on the prairie," he said.

Pickering estimated the incidence of white buffalo births at about 16 per million.

He said there are three reasons white calves sometimes appear: they can be albinos, they can be the result of crossbreeding with white cows, or they may be temporarily white and turn dark by their first winter.

The calf is not an albino, said Julie Allen, noting that its eyes are brown, not pink.

Flicking her ears and whisking her tail back and forth, the 40-to-50-pound calf resembles a lamb.

In the past, Indians sacrificed white buffalo as sacred offerings, but now they avoid doing that, Pickering said.

About 600 buffalo roam the Allens' 1,000 acres. They raise buffalo primarily for meat and to serve in the restaurant on their property. But in keeping with tradition, the white calf, which has yet to be named, likely will be spared.

"We probably won't put her on the dinner table," Bob Allen said, laughing.

Here's a menue from that buffalo's home..

Retail Bison Meat List

The Heart Healthy Red Meat

Price Per Pound

Bulk Burger................................$4.35
Patties......................................$4.50
Rump Roast...............................$7.25
Boneless Chuck..........................$5.90
Stewmeat..................................$5.90
Top Sirloin.................................$8.20
NY Strip Steak............................$14.25
Rib-Eye.....................................$13.80
Filet..........................................$18.99
Top Round.................................$7.70
Sirloin Tip..................................$7.50
Eye of Round..............................$6.95
Tenderloin..................................$19.50
Cube Steak.................................$6.25
Tongue......................................$3.00
Mountain Oysters........................$4.99
BBQ..........................................$10.00 LOL!! Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 05:10:01 PM »

I've been to that ranch while I was living in Memphis. I did some electrical work out there.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 10:05:32 AM »

OK – this has to be asked:  Does white buffalo taste differently than brown buffalo?   Cheesy

Bronzy - How about the ‘perfect red calf’ the Jews are awaiting the birth of?  What do you figure one of those tenderloins will go for???  Lips Sealed  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 10:11:45 AM »

OK – this has to be asked:  Does white buffalo taste differently than brown buffalo?   Cheesy

Bronzy - How about the ‘perfect red calf’ the Jews are awaiting the birth of?  What do you figure one of those tenderloins will go for???  Lips Sealed  

It's already been born....last year, and has twice been certified as "kosher" by the rabbinical board, and once by the new sanhedrin.  And btw, the sanhedrin yesterday put out a request for bids for construction of the temple.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 10:16:22 AM »

Evangelist - I read, last year, that a calf had been born that could be 'the one' but I never heard any followup on it.  

I also read, yesterday about the sanhedrin and their plans for rebuilding the temple.

Praise the Lord - We live in exciting times!!!!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 02:23:06 PM »

Ahhhhh...Red Calf smothered in Red Cap beer!
[/color][/size]

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 03:37:18 PM »

Evangelist - I read, last year, that a calf had been born that could be 'the one' but I never heard any followup on it.  

I also read, yesterday about the sanhedrin and their plans for rebuilding the temple.

Praise the Lord - We live in exciting times!!!!

http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm

http://www.crystalinks.com/prophecy.animals.html
(scroll down to bottom for short article on the red heifer)

http://revelation13.net/KingJames1b.html

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the