Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:58:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  healthcare ministries
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: healthcare ministries  (Read 1208 times)
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:29:06 PM »

Ok I need your help here.......are their any bible verses that pertain to the healthcare ministries in church?  I know their are plenty of reference to nurses....but I can't find any that have verses.  please help!!!!!   HuhHuhHuh?Do you feel that everyone in the healthcare ministry should be a nurse or someone in the healthcare industry?  Feedback needed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 08:26:40 AM »

Sister Sabrina,

I'm a little bit confused about what you are asking. The term "health care ministry" is very broad in my opinion. I know many people in this ministry who don't have any medical training at all. It could be something simple, but very important, like prayer, visitation, and a lengthy list of kind things that are done by Christians for the ill and their family.

Sister, I thought immediately about many of the volunteers with hospice that helped my family while my dad was dying. It almost makes me cry when I remember how kind and loving many of them were. Some had varying degrees of medical training, but many of them were simply Christians there to help us in a very difficult time. I hired one angel of a woman who had some experience caring for the ill, but she had no formal education. I'll always remember her with love. She sang hymns, read the Bible, and many other things that were a big comfort to my dad, my family, and me. She made it obvious that she knew how to care for someone confined to a bed and easily work with our nurses and doctor. In short, we all loved her and didn't care about her education. I think she actually had an on-the-job degree in Christian love.

In broad terms, the Biblical descriptions of Christian love in many portions of the Bible would apply. Help me a little bit with your question, and I'll try to find more specific information for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Reba
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 10:00:52 PM »

Sabrina,

Good ol Mr.bepster is right on the money. Our education is what the world would look on He looks on our hearts.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the