Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:14:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My 11 yo daughter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 11 yo daughter  (Read 892 times)
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2005, 11:47:44 AM »

Hi everyone Smiley

I know I haven't been on in a while...not that I haven't wanted to be, but b/c there has been some health issues w/ my 11yo daughter(I also have a 14yo son and a 7 yo daughter)...anyway, my 11yo is a T1 diabetic.  She's been sick on and off, like every other week, since we moved up here to good ol' WNY.  Last week Monday was the worst(it actually started on mother's day though)...she and her sister ate strawberries, and at the same time, they both became very ill.  Well, my 11yo stopped and slept, got up in the middle of the night, drank gatorade, slept until 7:30am, normal reading(116mg/dL) and no ketones....but then she could not stop getting sick...she ended up at the ped's and then being brought by ambulance to the hospital.  She was in severe DKA and she almost died(praise God she is with us).  Now, she was there for a few days(we found out our insurance had lapsed b/c we have moved 5 times since we got here, b/c the house we bought had problems, etc)...anyway, she was dx'd w/ PAD and gastritis (PAD in FL and gastritis a couple months ago)...well, they did an echocardiogram on her heart, and they found something.(she has a murmur, which is very normal)...anyway, yesterday, a week after being home, the endo's office calls and says that they don't like her echo reading and want a follow up w/ the cardiologist.  Now, we had taken her to the ped's on Monday b/c she could not stop getting sick(endo's want her stomach problems addressed by the peds), and the PAD is being taken care of by a psychiatrist, sooo...the ped sent us for an immediate u/s on Monday...negative for gallstones and all that wonderful stuff, thank God again!!!...but now they need her to see a GI doc as well as the cardiologist.
She has not been in school in about 2 weeks now, and the school is going to start sending a private tutor here to help her w/ the end of the year things(she goes to middle school next year).
Please pray she has no problems, they just dissapate(we can all only pray and believe, right?)...
And also, for my other kids, as all three of them are having a pretty hard time w/ all of this...especially the move.  There are some other issues going on, but I will spare you all from that incessant babbling, since I've already babbled enough as it is.

Thank you all so much and God bless...
Sorry if this seems to be going in circles...I've barely slept for the past week or so...
Again, God bless Smiley

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 11:59:49 AM »

Sister,

I am very sorry to hear about all the health problems. I can only imagine how difficult it is to have children with serious health problems. I was very blessed to have healthy children and grandchildren. I will be praying for you and your family.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:32  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »

Amen Tom..will be praying also Sister.

God Bless you and your family...
DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 09:10:51 PM »

Thank you so much!!!  God bless:)

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 10:57:21 PM »

DovesWings,

I'll be praying for you, too.  

Father God, creator of heaven and earth, touch DovesWings now.  Let her feel Your presence.  Give her peace, strength, wisdom and courage, in the name of Your son, Jesus Christ.  Amen

Grace, peace and blessings,
cris

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 01:34:44 AM »

DovesWings, I'm be praying for you, too.

Romans 15:5,6 “ May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. ”

Bob

jive4005

God has your back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 07:58:14 AM »

Lord, this is one only You can handle. We are just people but You are God. You are the God that heals. You tell us this and show us this so it must be real and true. You are the God that heals. We Christians in this thread stand together upon Your Word... that You heal. We ask individually and as a body, that You heal this young girl. We ask too that You increase the faith in this family.
You say that even to act as if you have faith can make a difference, how much more so the prayers of those who really believe? Lord, we really believe.
Manifest Yourself in our prayers for this girl. Show Your power, not for show or acknowledgement, but for result and mercy. We ask You these things today, now... and we ask in the name of Jesus, our Salvation and our Lord. Amen

Are you really living the Christian life?
jive4005@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the