Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Face Of Jesus?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Face Of Jesus?  (Read 1423 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: May 18, 2005, 01:04:59 PM »

This picture is taken from the shroud of Turin.
I don't need to believe it's really the death shroud of Jesus in order to have faith, but I do believe this is His shroud.

The latest experiments by NASA scientists (some of which actually became born again after the results were known) really leave little to doubt about the miraculous properties of this shroud.

Here's my question to you.

Is this the face of Jesus?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 01:31:59 PM »

Brother,

This is something I've prayed, and though about. I have no leanings, one way or another. So until the Lord tells me, I will remain quite. Another words, the jury is still out.

Resting in the arms, of the Lord.
Bob

Psalm 37:17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 03:16:16 PM »

I feel the same way.   Its interesting to ponder and listen as the so called experts try to explain it, but I give it little importance.   He's alive forever more, and I long to behold His Living face!   Smiley

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »

I agree that it makes no difference in the ‘big picture’ of things.

However it is quite interesting to speculate about how the unmeasurable power of God, during the resurrection, could have left a photographic impression of the Lord on His burial shroud.  It is this type of innocent speculation that makes for some great 'campfire chats' during Christian retreats.  

It makes me want to believe it is real.  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 03:38:40 PM »

Well said JN!   I totally agree!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 11:40:34 PM »

Well its looks pretty good...thats a rough looking man, Jesus Christ was no wimp!!  Smiley

Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 12:11:42 AM »

There are loads of amazing facts surrounding the shroud - too may to go into now, but a couple of interesting facts about it...

At one time, the shroud was thought to be only 500 years old, because of incorrect radiometric carbon dating (sound familiar) Now, the date has been pushed back to the time of Jesus through a variety of methods such as the type of stitching on the shroud. It is an ancient herringbone stitch, which was used in the first century. The world’s foremost expert on ancient tapestries and clothing stated that there is absolutely no doubt that the shroud is from the time of Jesus!!

Also, there are artistic renditions of the face cloth from the shroud, which also go back to either the first century. The face cloth has the exact same image of the face as the shroud does. When placed on top of the shroud, the image, including blood stains, matched up perfectly. The latest dating analysis confirms the first century date.

At one time scientists believed the stains were paint, however, the NASA scientists confirmed that it is in fact blood, and they were even able to type it!

There are microscopic limestone particles on the feet portion of the shroud, of the type of stone that the tombs were cut from, and which is found only in Jerusalem!! There are many microscopic pollen samples, and even petals from flowers imbedded into the fabric of the shroud. Many of these samples are found in Jerusalem, as well as other locations in the region, and many are exclusively found there. There are no samples that are not from Jerusalem.

The body is anatomically correct, to the point where even the world's greatest masters would have been incapable of producing such a perfect human form. There are details which ancient artists would never have considered, such as the fact that the thumbs are not visible. This is due to the spikes forcing the tendons to compress, and drive the thumbs into the palms.

If you have a real close look at the entire shroud, NASA scientists discovered that you can actually see bones in the hands, fingers, feet and toes. You can also see teeth. This shroud has the same properties as an x-ray!!

A NASA scientist claims that the image had to have been caused by something akin to a radioactive light blast!!!

The conclusion from the NASA boys is that the image on the shroud is a human who was horribly disfigured by a first century Roman style whip, which was designed to rip hunks of flesh from the poor victims body. The man was whipped across his entire body. They agreed that most men would not have survived this beating. (The following information is taken from memory, and may not be completely accurate in measurements) The Roman flagellum was a piece of hardwood about eight inches long. There were nine strips of leather on the end about twelve inches long. At the ends of the leather strips, the Romans tied either pieces of bone, or steel in the shape of a dumbbell. There were two on each tip, and they were about an inch apart. This accomplished the desired effect of ripping hunks of flesh of the victim’s body. Some of the wounds were so destructive, that intestines would actually be visible through the holes in the flesh, and in some cases, would actually spill out.
 The man was crucified and had deep holes imbedded into his skull (crown of thorns) as well as having his side pierced!!!!

Several of the scientists actually were so moved by their investigation of the shroud, that they became born again Christians!!!! Cheesy
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 12:13:41 AM »

I'm not sure if the shroud is real or not. I have no faith in scientist. Jesus Christ Himself however is very real and He did die on the cross to save us all if we but accept Him as our Saviour and Lord.

Praise God for His wonderful mercies.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 12:15:54 AM »

I'm not sure if the shroud is real or not. I have no faith in scientist. Jesus Christ Himself however is very real and He did die on the cross to save us all if we but accept Him as our Saviour and Lord.

As Curly would say..."absotutely!" Cheesy

But all those facts sure make it interesting! Wink
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 12:33:10 AM »

AMEN Pastor Roger!

asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 01:21:05 PM »

I don't need to believe it's really the death shroud of Jesus in order to have faith, but I do believe this is His shroud.

The latest experiments by NASA scientists (some of which actually became born again after the results were known) really leave little to doubt about the miraculous properties of this shroud.

What a kodak moment! I would not put it past God to leave such a testimony as a small token of His great desire to draw all men unto himself. God has a love so great that if the Bible were toast to be given to a child then this picture would be the jam.

asaph

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 01:28:44 PM »

Interesting. Where did you here this?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 12:20:38 AM »

Interesting. Where did you here this?

I saw an hour long Learning Channel special. I've also viewed many web sites, some are old and outdated, so if you do a google search, make sure you find the updated version of events.
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 08:17:54 PM »

Greetings in the awesome and wonderful name of our savior:

It has been a while since I have responded to anything here,
but this is one that I would like to reply to. Is this the face of
Jesus? A very interesting question, and one that can be
debated until the return of the messiah. I think I will instead
ask a question of my own-does it matter? Will it in any way
change what is written in the Holy Word? Will the answer to
the question of the shroud in any way change the saving,and
cleansing power of the blood of Jesus?  Will the answer in any
way change what know to be true about God?

I firmly stand on the fact that the only answer to all of the
above questions is an unequivical NO!

I firmly believe that it is time that we stop asking questions
that have no answers, and begin to present to the world
answers that can not be questioned!

We need to reach a place of peace in our spirit, mind, and
soul that can not be shaken by the philosophies of the world.
The word of God is our only weapon to fight the appathy the
world in general has fallen into concerning our creator: and
then we must pray for the courage, and willingness to share
this unshakable faith with all that we meet. Most people will
spend so much time trying to defend the word of God, instead
of usinging it against the enemy of our souls for what it is:
a weapon of massive power!

Jesus said the harvest is white unto harvest, pray that the
Lord send workers to the harvest.We are the workers of this
day and age, do we do the work, or just hope that someone
else will.

As Paul wrote-let us press on for the mark of the prize of the
high calling in Christ Jesus. Jesus said if he be lifted up he
would draw all men unto him.  Pray above all that we lift up
Jesus!

:Drespectfully yours in Yeshua:

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the