Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:49:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  a little confused
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a little confused  (Read 1915 times)
parkker007

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2005, 01:14:38 AM »

hey everyone. lately i've been getting discouraged about praying. when i pray it feels like im talking to no one, just thinking these thougths in my head and God can't hear me... like i'm wasting my time. it's getting harder and harder to concentrate when i'm worrying if God is even listening...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 01:57:05 AM »

it's getting harder and harder to concentrate when i'm worrying if God is even listening...
Right there is the problem, God hears you. With you worrying about this, satan is getting a foot hold on you.

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 06:57:57 AM »

hey everyone. lately i've been getting discouraged about praying. when i pray it feels like im talking to no one, just thinking these thougths in my head and God can't hear me... like i'm wasting my time. it's getting harder and harder to concentrate when i'm worrying if God is even listening...

Hi parkker007.  I have felt this way too more than a couple of times.   David the psalmist did too.   I assure you that God does hear your prayers.   God wants us to really seek Him and search for Him.   I know in my own walk there are times that it feels like my prayers are hitting a brick wall, and it creates it me a sense of earnest prayer and searching, and there is eventually a break through of sorts.

Deu 4:29  But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Another possibility is that there may be some sin in your life that is unrepented.   Either way, I believe it is a strengthening of your faith, and He wants you to seek His face with all your heart and soul.

He hears you friend.   Draw closer to Him and you will see.

BTW welcome to CU!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
workinprogress

B=basic I=instructions B=before L=leaving E=earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 06:22:28 PM »

Hi parkker007:
God does and always hears our prayers even if only in the form of aching groans and wordless sighs.
 I can take personal joy in this subject, as I know first hand and Thank the Lord for His all powerful love and understanding.
I have a hard time getting what I am trying to convey across, but I can take joy and have the peace of God in my heart because;
 I know that God does know and the Holy Spirit endwelling in me supercedes any of my in the flesh iniquities.

What Prayers are unheard? the answer is none
 What prayers may go unanswered for awhile? Quite possibly those that are prayed while there is iniquity in our hearts.
 What paryers does the Lord hear? Prayers of repentance; so if there may be some area of our lives that we may be harboring anger or sorrow, we need to turn it over to the Lord.  

As the posting by 2nd Timothy said  
I have felt this way too more than a couple of times.  David the psalmist did too.  I assure you that God does hear your prayers.  God wants us to really seek Him and search for Him.  I know in my own walk there are times that it feels like my prayers are hitting a brick wall, and it creates it me a sense of earnest prayer and searching, and there is eventually a break through of sorts.

Well put 2nd Timothy

Psa 66:18  If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
Psa 66:19  But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
Psa 66:20  Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

Also:
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Lord, I thank you for your Love and Understanding.

Brother
Dave

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
Showing everyone Christ using [my] real experiences
parkker007

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 07:11:22 PM »

thanks everyone this is a huge comfort. i didnt think any1 would reply but wow! anywayg2g now. thanks again.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 12:00:51 AM »

Oh! He knows!
He knows every sparrow that falls from the air.
He knows every hair on your head.
He knows what you need before you think to ask.
He knows where you're going and where you've been... Grin

He knows when you're talking to Him - sincerely or not - so CAREFUL what you pray for - it might come true!!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin

Use His blessings carefully and wonderfully!!!!  Smiley
JN

PS - did I say He DOES hear you???  He Does hear you!   Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 03:20:20 PM »

i didnt think any1 would reply but wow!

Cheesy   Of course we will...lol   Theres a lot of folks here who like to talk about God and prayer.    Don't be shy!

workinprogress:

Psa 66:18  If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
Psa 66:19  But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
Psa 66:20  Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

Also:
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Lord, I thank you for your Love and Understanding.

Thanks for posting these verses!  What a wonderful word from the Lord.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
sabrina

Let the work I've done speak for me........

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 11:21:32 AM »

Re: Confused.......first of all how are you......Sometimes we pray for things....and we want them right away so it appears the father has not heard our cry.  I assure he has......and to that I will also say that, there could be one of two things wrong.  Either you are not being obident or it is not yur time right now to recieve what you are asking for.  Now as for obidence our father is big on this.....are you attending church......are you working in the vineyard.....are you tithing as taught in the bible.  It's really true!!!!!!!!!!  With all these things in place I'm really sure if you were meant to have what you are asking for it will be there.  Thahts the other thing now, sometime we ask for something we can't handle and God know the best for us.......dosen't give us us what will hurt us...you have to trust him.  I hope this has made you feel better in some way.........God Bless!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the