Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  World Council of Churches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Council of Churches  (Read 6010 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2005, 07:11:02 PM »

A few snippits...

The last time the World Council of Churches staged such a conference was in Brazil nine years ago, when the agenda was heavy with issues about preserving cultural identity and Christian missionary expansion in the former East Bloc.

Now — in one of the ancient sites of Christianity — the planned discussions highlight some new concerns, including growing rifts among Christians over issues such as same-sex unions, the role of gay pastors and women's contributions to worship.

SNIP

Last month, the World Evangelical Alliance presented the     U.N. Commission on Human Rights with an appeal claiming more than 200 million Christians worldwide are being denied religious liberty. The document listed more than a dozen countries, including China and several nations in Africa and central Asia.

SNIP

Its chief goal, according to organizers, is to advance discussions on ways to reach greater common ground.

Read the entire article here

EDITED OUT.    Undecided

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 07:26:13 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 07:30:32 PM »

I can't decide what I think about this.   How bout you guys?

Tim

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:00:11 PM »

Giving more leeway to the devil.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 09:03:39 PM »

PR, this was my first thought too, but I guess that depends on whether or not the word of God is compromised in order to reach that common ground.   I suppose it bears watching very carefully.  Just wondered if anyone sees something there I am missing.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

I can't decide what I think about this.   How bout you guys?
Something in the artical, bothers me.
Now — in one of the ancient sites of Christianity — the planned discussions highlight some new concerns, including growing rifts among Christians over issues such as same-sex unions, the role of gay pastors and women's contributions to worship.
Whats to discuss here, the Bible says "NO". What part of "NO" don't they understand?

Resting in the Lords arms.
Bob

Joshua 8:35 There was not a word of all that Moses commanded, which Joshua read not before all the congregation of Israel, with the women, and the little ones, and the strangers that were conversant among them.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 12:08:07 AM »

the planned discussions highlight some new concerns, including growing rifts among Christians over issues such as same-sex unions, the role of gay pastors and women's contributions to worship.

The Bible is very clear on these issues.  Why must they be argued again and again by those who wish to "liberalize the Word"?

Forgive my bluntness - but I can't be kind toward this event. I think the whole thing stinks of 'one-world-religion' - ness.  (If you get my point.)  That 'religion' will point to a 'god' compiled from the 'wishes' of the 'popular collective thought'. (Gag me!)

My faith is in the Lord, Who is the Word.  My faith is not dependent on a 'committee of men'.  I am steadfast in my position.  Jesus cannot be rewritten as judges are now rewriting the US Constitution.  Angry

God Bless!!!  Smiley
JN

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 12:12:12 AM »

"Now — in one of the ancient sites of Christianity — the planned discussions highlight some new concerns, including growing rifts among Christians over issues such as same-sex unions, the role of gay pastors and women's contributions to worship."

"rifts among Christians"? Who is labeling who a Christian?

Christians can fight over the KJV NIV, or if wine is wine or grape juice. A christian will accept what the Word says  
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 12:18:02 AM »

the planned discussions highlight some new concerns, including growing rifts among Christians over issues such as same-sex unions, the role of gay pastors and women's contributions to worship.

The Bible is very clear on these issues.  Why must they be argued again and again by those who wish to "liberalize the Word"?
The stupidty of the many is great. Salvation, is from only one, Jesus Christ.

My faith is in the Lord, Who is the Word.  My faith is not dependent on a 'committee of men'.  I am steadfast in my position.  Jesus cannot be rewritten as judges are now rewriting the US Constitution.  Angry

God Bless!!!  Smiley
JN
AMEN!

A christian will accept what the Word says  
Thats a  BIG AMEN, Reba!

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 02:40:15 AM »

To, me it really depends on which "Churches" are in it. Catholics, Baptists, and Methodists, thats a good start. Lutherians and Pentcostals... depends on which ones. Mormons and JWs... depends on what this Council is trying to do (even cults can have their place when it comes to things such as humnitian aid). I'm going to need a LOT more info on this "Council" before I will have any thoughts on this.

At least they didn't name themselves "Christians Unite!" Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 08:41:48 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I will be blunt and say that the title of the organization says it all to me. Our organization is THE BODY OF CHRIST and it is set apart from the world. I'm not interested in a one-world anything, especially a church.

I could care less what a committee says about sin, values, and morality. My source for information of this type will be the Holy Bible, not some world organization. Further, I could care less about being politically correct, changing times, or catering to those who wish to call evil good.

Maybe I'm too bashful on this subject.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:17  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 10:37:20 AM »

Of course I agree with you guys about the obvious parts, but I had to re-read it several times as I could not decide exactly what they are saying about their agenda.  

I will be blunt and say that the title of the organization says it all to me. Our organization is THE BODY OF CHRIST and it is set apart from the world.

Amen BEP...that pretty much sums it up I think.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 10:43:55 AM »

LOL 2ndT - you're right - it's as obvious as the nose on my face (and THAT'S obvious!):
The WORLD Council of Churches.
YIKES!
Give me HEAVEN's Council any day!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 10:50:31 AM »

LOL...you kill me man.    Cheesy   I'm glad I you decided to join us here again Bro.   Wink

Tim

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 11:50:23 AM »

FWIW....the WCOC has been around for about 30 years, now....and it's agenda is the complete secularization of religion...the establishment of one unified religion that everyone is comfortable with. HAH!

It is difficult to find out what they're saying, because what they are saying is obfuscated and generalized into a mish-mash of politically correct ecumenism.

It is predominately from the efforts of the WCOC behind-the-scenes that there is so much furor today among the Anglicans, Episcopalians and Methodists over feminists and homos.  According to the WCOC, the only thing that matters is that "god" is worshipped, not how, or by whom, or even who He is....everyone can call Him what they want, when they want, and how they want.

Truly they are the refuse collection center (trash dump) of religion building their own tower of confusion.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 03:32:20 PM »

FWIW....the WCOC has been around for about 30 years, now....and it's agenda is the complete secularization of religion...the establishment of one unified religion that everyone is comfortable with. HAH!

It is difficult to find out what they're saying, because what they are saying is obfuscated and generalized into a mish-mash of politically correct ecumenism.

It is predominately from the efforts of the WCOC behind-the-scenes that there is so much furor today among the Anglicans, Episcopalians and Methodists over feminists and homos.  According to the WCOC, the only thing that matters is that "god" is worshipped, not how, or by whom, or even who He is....everyone can call Him what they want, when they want, and how they want.

Truly they are the refuse collection center (trash dump) of religion building their own tower of confusion.

Oh, more "seaker-friendly" shi... flith, great! Angry Grin No wonder it is only Evangelicals involved  Tongue Kidding, only kidding Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the