Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  World Council of Churches
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Council of Churches  (Read 6024 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 04:20:43 PM »

Give me [size=10]HEAVEN's[/size] Council any day!
AMEN! JN!

Reba
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »

Watch it  Tibby

I am old enough to be your Grandma and therefore restrict your computer use!
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 05:46:08 PM »

FWIW....the WCOC has been around for about 30 years, now....and it's agenda is the complete secularization of religion...the establishment of one unified religion that everyone is comfortable with. HAH!

It is difficult to find out what they're saying, because what they are saying is obfuscated and generalized into a mish-mash of politically correct ecumenism.

It is predominately from the efforts of the WCOC behind-the-scenes that there is so much furor today among the Anglicans, Episcopalians and Methodists over feminists and homos.  According to the WCOC, the only thing that matters is that "god" is worshipped, not how, or by whom, or even who He is....everyone can call Him what they want, when they want, and how they want.

Truly they are the refuse collection center (trash dump) of religion building their own tower of confusion.

Oh, more "seaker-friendly" shi... flith, great! Angry Grin No wonder it is only Evangelicals involved  Tongue Kidding, only kidding Grin

WHOA, Tibs!  It's a VERY good thing you didn't say "No wonder it is only Evangelist involved"   Grin

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »

FWIW....the WCOC has been around for about 30 years, now....and it's agenda is the complete secularization of religion...the establishment of one unified religion that everyone is comfortable with. HAH!

It is difficult to find out what they're saying, because what they are saying is obfuscated and generalized into a mish-mash of politically correct ecumenism.

It is predominately from the efforts of the WCOC behind-the-scenes that there is so much furor today among the Anglicans, Episcopalians and Methodists over feminists and homos.  According to the WCOC, the only thing that matters is that "god" is worshipped, not how, or by whom, or even who He is....everyone can call Him what they want, when they want, and how they want.

Truly they are the refuse collection center (trash dump) of religion building their own tower of confusion.

Oh, more "seaker-friendly" shi... flith, great! Angry Grin No wonder it is only Evangelicals involved  Tongue Kidding, only kidding Grin

WHOA, Tibs!  It's a VERY good thing you didn't say "No wonder it is only Evangelist involved"   Grin

I actually considered it, just for you! Grin

Watch is Reda, my Generation gets to deside which nursing home your generation spends your retirement Tongue Grin I might "forget" you in your wheel chair at the top of a hill. Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 02:08:11 AM »

Christians Urged to Adapt to Fluid World

By BRIAN MURPHY, AP Religion Writer Tue May 10, 1:37 PM ET

AGIOS ANDREAS, Greece - Mainstream Christian churches must adapt to the powerful forces of the new century — including the rise in African and Asian congregations and tensions with the Muslim world — or risk losing their relevance and ability to help shape world affairs, religious leaders said Tuesday.

The messages to a global conference on spiritual trends underscored the sense among many Christian pastors and scholars that churches need to sharpen their mission in an age of fast-paced economic restructuring and growing instability, such as the widening gulf between the West and Islam.

"The consequences of globalization, terrorism and the war on terror require that Christian churches rediscover their prophetic voice ... to raise their voice and be on the side of peace," the head of the Greek Orthodox Church, Archbishop Christodoulos, told the gathering of more than 700 Christian leaders, theologians and activists.

The general secretary of the World Council of Churches — the organizers of the weeklong conference — also noted the "demographic center" of Christianity is shifting into the southern hemisphere, led by explosive growth in African and Asian congregations and rising populations in Latin America.

The Rev. Samuel Kobia encouraged churches to seek new ideas to make Christianity meaningful to cultures unfamiliar with European traditions and to avoid "insensitive" methods that undermine local languages and customs.

"Christianity's center of gravity ... continues to migrate southward," said Kobia, a Kenyan. "Our vision must undergo a corresponding conversion."

Failure of the established Christian denominations to respond could further open the door to charismatic preachers and evangelical enterprises such as the Rev. Billy Graham's movement or the German pastor Reinhard Bonnke, who promotes himself as one of the fastest-growing Christian missionaries in Africa. The World Council of Churches conference did not include representatives of the evangelical powerhouses.

Kobia warned that charismatic movements could "likely cause conflict in the 21st century" because of their often dismissive views on other faiths.

He added: "As we seek to overcome tensions between North and South, we must also be converted to a new sense of unity joining East and West." He urged a "major step forward" in Christian-Islamic contacts during a World Council of Churches interfaith gathering in Geneva next month.

Contacts with other faiths may also be raised during a planned meeting in June between Kobia and Pope Benedict XVI.

Christodoulos also warned that old models of Christian attitudes and missionary work are becoming obsolete as cultures and faiths increasingly intermingle.

"The growing effect of globalization — as a cultural and not as a financial phenomenon any more — the opening of national frontiers and the increasing move of populations from one place to another puts our Christian witness in a totally different situation than that of the past," Christodoulos told the conference at a seaside venue 18 miles northeast of Athens.

"This is even more urgent now, in the post-Sept. 11 world, than in earlier times," he added, urging a "more humble ethos" among Christian churches and rejection of the "overoptimistic tones" of some missionary groups.

Christodoulos' comments struck some of the major hurdles facing the conference — which draws together Christians from nearly every tradition.

Small evangelical churches, which have sharply raised their profile in Central Asia and Africa in the past decade, may resist appeals for less aggressive outreach. The gathering also will grapple with the galloping pace of globalization and its effects on traditional economies and religious life. Also on the meeting's agenda are ways to enhance dialogue with moderate Muslim leaders and control
AIDS.

The Vatican has a delegation at the conference, although it is not a full member of the World Council of Churches. The organization includes more than 350 member Christian churches and is one of the major forums for interfaith talks and efforts to improve Christian cooperation.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050510/ap_on_re_eu/world_churches/nc:732

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 06:35:12 AM »

Wow!

Lets not offend anyone by telling them they must repent and seek Christ as their Saviour....lets make things peaceful by accepting all faiths into the brotherhood of faith.

Folks if this aint one world religion I don't know what is.  

Mat 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

How ironic is....

"The consequences of globalization, terrorism and the war on terror require that Christian churches rediscover their prophetic voice ...

Here's my prophetic voice.

REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND ASK CHRIST TO FORGIVE YOU.  HE IS COMING SOON!!!!!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 10:08:28 AM »

The ONLY message that is relevant then, now, and forever.......

Preach THE WORD!  Be instant, in season and out...

And He (the Holy Spirit) will convict of SIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND JUDGMENT TO COME.

My sheep KNOW my voice, and follow me.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Any other "relevance" is irrelevant.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 11:04:59 AM »

Amen Brothers and Sisters,

In these last days, the last thing we need to do is listen to the world and yield to the wishes of the world. May God help us carry and share the Gospel of God's Grace, unspoiled from the pollution of the world and what the devil wants. God will help us yield only to Him and His Will if we simply pray and ask Him.

I am reflecting right now on what all Christians face every day. We are assaulted on every front by the world and tempted by the devil to do and act as the world does. The devil doesn't want us to have a living testimony for God. The devil wants to defeat us and make any testimony we might have one of hypocrisy. This is a fight, one that God will help us with if we pray for strength and guidance. God wants us to be a bright light in a dark world, a beacon for the lost. The devil wants to dim or extinguish that light. If we have a desire to be a bright light for Him, God will help us and God will use us. There is no irony that our joy in Jesus becomes greater when we stand and fight a good fight, empowered by our Almighty Creator.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 124:8  Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

I Peter 3:18  For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

I Corinthians 2:5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2005, 12:01:35 PM »

"Now — in one of the ancient sites of Christianity — the planned discussions highlight some new concerns, including growing rifts among Christians over issues such as same-sex unions, the role of gay pastors and women's contributions to worship."

"rifts among Christians"? Who is labeling who a Christian?

Christians can fight over the KJV NIV, or if wine is wine or grape juice. A christian will accept what the Word says  

Sister Reba,

I wanted to comment on the wine vs. grape juice argument. That was not the core of the discussion. The core of the discussion was drinking is OK because the Bible says so versus drinking is a tool of the devil and a poor testimony before men. There are and were similar arguments about gambling.

I take the position that drinking and gambling are tools of the devil and feel it is silly for a Christian to argue there is nothing wrong with these things of the world. The massive evidence of the devil's destruction using these tools is overwhelming. If this stance causes a rift, so be it. These and other topics fit well with the so-called World Council of Churches. Again, the title says it all - the things of the "World".

I don't consider the debate over the KJV to be anywhere close to arguments over drinking and gambling. Drinking and gambling by a Christian as being a proper testimony before men is not debatable. The KJV only debate is taken way too far by many, and I'll leave it at that. The World Council of Churches may consider the Koran to be a worthy text. AND, same sex marriage will probably be embraced by the World Council of Churches, much like many other things of the world.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 12:13:21 PM »

I'm gonna sum up the WCC. The World Cult of Conformists. I'll just put it right there. They want us to conform to an idealistic view of Christianity. Well I'm not standing for it. I refuse to conform myself to a watered down view of Christianity. if someone has a problem with the Word and the Gospel with which i preach, then they have a problem with God, and I've done my duty as a minister of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I'll sum up how I feel in one statement: Conformity is overrated. All these people want Christians to relax and compromise. WRONG!! Paul did not compromise, Peter did not compromise, and most importantly Jesus Christ our own Lord did not compromise. They could have all given into the pressures of the religion and of satan in that day and time, but they didn't!! Why? Because they stood fast in the Faith and were seen as rebels. If we should be seen as a rebel, so be it, but i'll be a rebel for the cause of the Lord Jesus Christ for He is the one who saved me, not a council of churches. I've said my piece. God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 12:32:31 PM »

I'm gonna sum up the WCC. The World Cult of Conformists. I'll just put it right there. They want us to conform to an idealistic view of Christianity. Well I'm not standing for it. I refuse to conform myself to a watered down view of Christianity. if someone has a problem with the Word and the Gospel with which i preach, then they have a problem with God, and I've done my duty as a minister of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I'll sum up how I feel in one statement: Conformity is overrated. All these people want Christians to relax and compromise. WRONG!! Paul did not compromise, Peter did not compromise, and most importantly Jesus Christ our own Lord did not compromise. They could have all given into the pressures of the religion and of satan in that day and time, but they didn't!! Why? Because they stood fast in the Faith and were seen as rebels. If we should be seen as a rebel, so be it, but i'll be a rebel for the cause of the Lord Jesus Christ for He is the one who saved me, not a council of churches. I've said my piece. God Bless

Joshua
AMEN!   Joshua

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 01:00:28 PM »

Brother Joshua,

Please let me add a second AMEN!!!

It makes me very happy to think about strong young men and women IN THE LORD! YES Brother, it makes me smile every time I think about you. I will be praying for you and your ministry for the rest of my life. I know that you will have some struggles along the way, but I also know that God will give you joy in those struggles. You will be more than a conqueror in JESUS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Psalms 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 31:3  For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 04:03:17 PM »

Joshua

And a third AMEN, brother Joshua. If we conform to the world then we are of the world.

2Pe 2:6  And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2005, 10:34:40 AM »

Again, I state: Confomity is overrated. I thank you brothers for the Amens. It cheers my soul to know that many are praying for me as i trod this path that the Lord has lain for me. I struggle, yes, but i just shake it off and keep right on. I don't see why people let it get to them so badly. The Lord is just right there to pick you back up when you fall flat on your face. As an update, i'm currently working on finishing High School and we got 6 more school days left. I'm also preaching this sunday so i'm getting under way with that. The Lord has once again changed my direction on my sermon so i'm having to revise the sermon i wrote out a while ago...lol. It's amazing how He does that. Anywho...i think the World Council of Churches should be done away with because it's nothing but a nuisance to the Christian Faith. I say nuisance because it has fallen to compromises and promises that it, in and of itself, cannot keep. That my friends is not a God driven organization. When we attempt to come under a one denomination government or council such as what has happened with the WCC, we end up with corruption and satan gets his little twerp self into the fray and everything gets mixed up. So I won't support it. That's just my views...if you share them then God Bless you, if you don't, then God still bless you.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the