Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Taking a Stand?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taking a Stand?  (Read 8760 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2003, 05:55:33 PM »

Several years ago State Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore placed an engraved, stone monument of the Ten Commandments, weighing 5000 pouinds, in the Alabama Judicial Building.

Several groups, including the ACLU, have sued.  The case is now on appeal in the federal appeals courts.  It has taken much money to continue the fight.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33417

Chief Justice Roy Moore, as quoted in the above article:

"Tragically, as in the days of the Roman Empire, we too have become accustomed to 'bread and circuses,'" writes Moore. "With our stomachs full and our minds preoccupied with the pleasures of this world, we fail to seriously ponder the reason for the tragedies that are regularly occurring before our very eyes. We rarely contemplate the significance of the judiciary's usurpation of power and suppression of religious liberty. When and if we do, we are too often afraid to take a stand – ashamed of our faith in God, afraid to hazard the notion of putting God back into the public square."

What do you think?  Should we as Christians be doing this?  Why?  

Is this what "apologetics" means?

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 07:07:01 PM »

I think we should absolutely be defending religious liberty. Otherwise, being a Christian here will mean the same thing here that it does in Pakistan right now. Why should the pride of man triumph over the Name of our Lord? Not that it can, but what unfaithful children we would be to our Father if He gives His blood for our eternal freedom, and we turn around and hand the freedom to worship Him right back to the seed of the evil one? Why pander to the arrogant who raise their fists at Heaven? Why would we want to rob future generations of the ability to worship God in freedom?

DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 08:41:36 PM »

The world...our country is being prepared for the "Mark of the Beast" scenerio...in which religious freedom is no more.
 The decree that will go forth will be ...take the 'Mark' or die ! Study Revelation 13:15-18....and Rev. 14:9-11

The Beast's power has been in operation for some time now. It is slowly taking our liberties away little by little. Everyone  has notice this over these past years.
 The Anti-Christ power provides disasters....Oklahoma Bombing....September 11 ..etc., etc. to push laws into effect to curtail our liberties in the frantic effort to reduce terrorism. Terrorism which the Anti-Christ provides, to keep pushing more laws into effect.
    Have you never noticed how this last incident  (September 11) revolved around a 'religious' movement ?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 12:16:33 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Absolutely!!!, we should take a stand. Win, lose, live, or die, we should take a stand. To do otherwise is to say that we approve, tolerate, don't care, and will allow everything without so much as a whimper. If you get knocked down in the process, get up and go again. If you are the last one standing, stand up!

In Christ.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 04:11:00 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Absolutely!!!, we should take a stand. Win, lose, live, or die, we should take a stand. To do otherwise is to say that we approve, tolerate, don't care, and will allow everything without so much as a whimper. If you get knocked down in the process, get up and go again. If you are the last one standing, stand up!

In Christ.

I agree

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
John the Baptist
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 07:33:58 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Talk! Talk! Talk!

R-E-A-D- Joshua 7:12's last part of the verse. Where ARE WE TO START FIRST?? [ALL DENOMINATIONS] are so POLUTED that they already need Caesar [LAWS] to get their agenda done. See Isa. 59:1-2!!

Case in point: Seventh-day Adventist Review, June 7,2001 pg. 42 (in part)
---General Conference 'Settles Suit'---
A three-year tradmark infringment suit between the Seventh-day Adventist  Church and a West Palm Beach, Florida congregation over the use of the name Seventh=day Adventist in identifying  the church has been finally ended with a court-approved settlement. ..."

That is enought to get the Lord's message across! Needing the Caesar's Court POWER???
Still in the dark??  Huh Well, one more then, & it also [in part only!]

From the World church Review Paper again:
Adventist Review, December 26, 1996 pg. 19
---Church Wins in Vanuatu Decision---
Verdicts heads off possible take over. (remember that this is a 'little group' & adventist are in the 13 million + range)

In the judgement, chief justice, Charles d'Imercourt, said:
No. 1: ....
No. 2: The defendants [the Pango group] and any of them are hereby restrained from using the plaintiff's name, wheather it be Seventh-day Adventists Church, SDA Church, and or any similar variation thereof, in perpetuity. ... ." (end)

It is beyond me, why any CONVERTED BORN AGAIN Christian would want to use the name Seventh-day Adventist [TODAY]! See Isa. 65:15 or 9-17, and verse 17 is next! And Rev. 3:16-17 making the Master sick!  Cry

But, so go the Whore, her daughters, & now even the last Virgin denomination! (in teaching of True doctrines only) See Rev. 18:4 FOR ALL's INCLUSENESS. O'YES, see Rev. 12:17 for who LEFT WHOM?!

---John

In Christ.
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 03:13:37 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

In Christ.
Will you defend God's Holy Sabbth day ?
    Will you tell the Christian world that it a sin to worship on Sunday in disobedience to God's command to honor His Sabbath ?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 03:33:33 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

In Christ.
Will you defend God's Holy Sabbth day ?
    Will you tell the Christian world that it a sin to worship on Sunday in disobedience to God's command to honor His Sabbath ?

Never have and I never will keep the sabbath. I rest in Christ 24/7

Thank You Jesus

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 03:42:53 PM »

Thank You Jesus
Wow !   Do you realize you just rejected Jesus by that statement ?

"IF..you love me ..keep my Commandments", (John 14:15). And the 4th commandment is the 7th day Sabbath.

"He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments....is a ?...and the truth is not in him", (1 John 2:4).
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2003, 04:18:43 PM »

Thank You Jesus
Wow !   Do you realize you just rejected Jesus by that statement ?

"IF..you love me ..keep my Commandments", (John 14:15). And the 4th commandment is the 7th day Sabbath.

"He that says I know him and keeps not his commandments....is a ?...and the truth is not in him", (1 John 2:4).

Oh Boy  Grin Grin Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 04:24:55 AM »

HHMMM..... What were those commandments that Jesus gave us.....Mt 22:37
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mt 22:38
This is the first and great commandment.
Mt 22:39
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mt 22:40
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I don't see anything about saturday, sunday or any other day being the rule of thumb here, do you?

You sir seem to hang yourself on the law and will so be judged by it.  Why do you so ignore what scripture plainly states many times over this one in itself should be good enough for you: Ac 15:5
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

Ac 15:10
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Ac 15:11
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

And again ye professing the law as a way of salvation why do you not listen to the Word of God?  Christ is of no effect to you according to the Word of God.

Ga 5:2
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Ga 5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Ga 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Ga 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Ga 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Ga 5:7
Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

Listen to the Word of God and allow it to work in your heart and not your pride.

John the Baptist
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 09:00:01 AM »

John here:
 Huh Huh LOVING CHRIST IS A YOKE OF BONDAGE??? (for who?)
You can see where your professed stand in 'faith' is! Hopefully you just do not know what you are saying about the EPISTLE OF CHRIST. You know, the milk of the Heb. 5 vrs.?? Or the 2 Cor. 3:3's LETTER OF HIS CHARACTER.

Regardless, this thread reads.. Taking a Stand? We can see  your POSTED personal  LOVE FOR THE MASTER as is measured and seen in the 'bottom line' from Rev. 3:16-17. This is [your stand] or DECISION? To be SPEWED OUT WITH A SICKENING LOVE! Cry

Take care, for you are headed for Obadia 16's verse of NOTHINGNESS!  Cry
".. and [they shall be as though they HAD NOT BEEN]."
Think about that before falling to sleep this evening. Just to be GONE! Eternally! Blotted out of EXISTANCE!
And all of this because of [your admitted] BONDAGE of 'sick' love for Christ.  Your own DECISION is, Your Sabbath Lord!!!???  Not on MY LIFE!! Smiley *Here is my 'fruit offering' of Gen. 4:7 & 2 Peter 2:19-22 Cry But, NO, NO LORD, I DO LOVE YOU!! BUT YOUR SABBATH COMMANDMENT OF LOVE IS BONDAGE!!! (why?)

Then whose 'desire' ruled Cain's professed Christian life? And remember that he had up to this 'mature time' been flawlessly obedient. Now, the only differance is seen in the offering of the wrong sacrifice & his NEW 'desire' for another leader. What is new?

---John
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 10:51:57 AM by John the Baptist » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 10:09:41 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

I really don't feel well enough to argue and debate right now, so I'll make this short. If you live under the Law, you must live under all of it and not pick and choose the ones you wish to obey.

You will need to seek a High Priest when you wish to pray. You should know that you can't pray directly without assistance. Get the timing completely right for the sacrifice. Stop eating pork by all means, and you had better hope you are circumcised. If you wish to live by the Law, you must live by all of it.

An excellent point has already been made about the wonderful gift of Jesus on the cross. Yes, we can have fellowship and pray 24 hours a day, 7 days a week without seeking the assistance of a High Priest. The Grace we have been given allows us to fellowship and walk in the Spirit on more than just one day. Much of the fear under the Law was replaced with LOVE under GRACE. GRACE does not make God's children wish to sin more or do less in HIS NAME, just the opposite. LOVE draws us closer and stronger. There is absolutely NOTHING NEGATIVE about the Matchless GRACE of our HEAVENLY FATHER.

In Christ.

John the Baptist
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2003, 10:46:31 AM »

PLEASE MODERATORS:

We add the Subjects if we desire. Here we see "Grace and Confussion" added. And this is what comes INTO my mail box, as me subscribing to 'this thread'?

The THREAD'S Subject Is: 'Taking a Stand?' not our indivual subject title. So perhaps you moderators can send out the original Subject to our in box?

Is that clear??? In other words, I have no idea where to find Grace and Confussion except on the forum somewhere?

OK: now I will go back & see what is said in our friends post? But 'me' thinks that he does not agree with his pals (brothers?) from above? Wink  Or is he taking a stand?

Thanks in advance!---J/t/B/

John the Baptist
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2003, 11:12:20 AM »

Well?
John here again. 'i' see that he has made his DECISION. He has taken his stand of a 'Spewed out Love'. For this is the ONLY WORTHWHILE MOTIVE that Christ gave for keeping His Commandments! And yes, of course, only the 4th commandment is hated. All others MUST BE KEPT, right? And the SPEWED out ones did not LOVE ENOUGH! None of His ten are legalism but one, huh? I see Cry.

Now: Back to the MODERATORS again: I suspect that another reason for the posters not likeing to post here is not just the fact of the [spiritual ignorance] of posters. (me or whoever) but because much of the time it takes way toooo long of a time to get the posting done! Bytes received might be the culpret?

Anyhow, I do not have this problem on other sites. No condemnation, just some suggestiong.

---John
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the