Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thoughts on Benny Hinn???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on Benny Hinn???  (Read 7643 times)
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2005, 12:54:20 AM »

Anyone? *Just curious.........False teacher or prophet?

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 12:28:24 PM »

The Bible implies Jesus will return in the clouds and the whole world will see Him and acknowledge He is Lord of all.  Even the unsaved will acknowledge Jesus.

Benny Hinn says Jesus will return and be on stage with him.

Hmmm.  Maybe I need to re-read some scripture - I must have missed the part where it is prophesied that Jesus will appear with Benny Hinn...

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 05:23:33 PM »

Anyone? *Just curious.........False teacher or prophet?

Among other things....Benny likes to commune with Kathryn Kuhlman (dead) and Aimee Semple Macpherson (also dead) at their graves...says it gives him more anointing.

He also says that God is made up of a soul, a spirit and a body....and so is Jesus, and so is the Holy Spirit....which makes nine, not three.

He also said that his father was mayor of a small town in Israel....turns out he was just a city hall clerk.

He also told the world back in '94 that God told him that he would wipe out the homosexual community by fire in '95.

He also said:
"Now hear this I'm prophesying this Jesus Christ the son of God is about to appear physically in some churches and some meetings and to many of His people. For one reason to tell you He's about to show up. So wake up Jesus is coming saints. You have held back from the Lord in the past don't you dare do it now. The day will come you will stand before Him and give an answer. How dare we not give to God?  How dare we hold back?  Who do we think He is -- some neighbor of ours? He's God Almighty -- we fear the Lord God of hosts. He's not some man -- He's God. If Jesus tonight appeared on this platform here and looked through this camera and said to you I need your offerings so I can touch the world, would you give Him? Of course. Well I've got news for you.  He's saying it, He's saying it, He's saying it through his servants, He's saying it through his Word He's saying it. The Bible clearly states "how shall they go unless they be sent?" And God is speaking to you so obey him. Some of you need to give large sums tonight.  Don't you give those small sums if you have the large sums. Many of you have those small sums.  The best you can give is all God wants from you. The best you can give is all expects of ya. But some of you watching right now have money in the bank your gonna leave it behind, You may even lose it unless you obey God tonight. Give to God tonight.  God is speaking to you now.  Do you know by holding back from God you're keeping God's blessings from your family by holding back from the Lord?  You're saying "No, Lord, I don't want you presence in my home." And when you call tell the Lord "I'm sowing tonight because I believe what this man is saying on TV. I believe what Benny Hinn is saying is what I need to hear."
"This is Your Day" - Television broadcast
03-29-00 From 700 Club Studios, Virginia Beach, Va.[/i

And then there was:
Hinn: "I’m gonna show you the power of God on young people, I know you may have seen this before, maybe you haven’t - if you have, you’ll get blessed all over again. I’m in Pheonix Arizona this Thursday and Friday. What you’re about to see is gonna happen there, so you in Pheonix make sure you show up for that crusade. Now, what you’re gonna see happens usually at the last night at the end of the service for the young people. It’s gonna be a powerful crusade, great, great things. Let me tell you something. The Holy Spirit has spoken, He told me He is about to show up. Oh, I gotta tell you this just before we go. I had a word of prophecy from Ruth Heflin, you know who Ruth Heflin is? Ruth prophesied over me back in the seventies. Everything she said has happened. She just sent me a word through my wife and said: The Lord spoke to her audibly and said, That He is going to appear physically in one of our crusades in the next few months. Yeah, She... I’m telling ya,.. she said, the Lord spoke to her audibly and said, tell Benny I’m going to appear physically on the platform in his meetings. Lord, do it in Phenox Arizona in the name of Jesus! And in Kenya too, Lord, please, Lord, in fact, do it in every crusade. In Jesus’ name."

And:
Benny Hinn:" But here's first what I see for TBN. You're going to have people raised from the dead watching this network. You're going to have people raised from the dead watching TBN. Programs -- just plain programs -- programs that haven't done much when it comes to supernatural manifestations -- teaching programs. It's not going to be a Benny Hinn saying "Stretch your hands." It's going to be your average teaching program, your normal Christian program that's blessing the church. There's going to be such power on these programs people will be raised from the dead worldwide. I'm telling you, I see this in the Spirit. It's going to be so awesome. Jesus I give you praise for this -- that people around the world -- maybe not so much in America -- people around the world who will lose loved ones, will say to undertakers, "Not yet. I want to take my dead loved one and place him in front of that TV set for 24 hours."

To which Paul Crouch screamed:  "Benny Hinn! Jesus!"

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
LedByTheLamb

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 05:39:57 PM »

Oh my...I have never been fond of the guy, but I never knew he said all THAT.  He converses with the DEAD??? And nobody has said anything about that? It is against necromancers in the bible...

I read one of his first books, back before Id ever seen him on TV.  It was a WONDERFUL book. But then I saw him on TV and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up... something odd about him. But as a Christian I can not say weather he is really in the Holy Spirit or not. I do not know. But if its true that he speaks to the dead...my suspicions are right.

Dawn
NateyCakes

Radical for Christ!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 09:48:22 AM »

Evangelist, thank you for that insight. I had heard some of those things from people and to see them written down as from his own accord, thats pretty sick.... Angry

Even worse is that hair piece.

~*Rejoice for the Lord is GOOD!!*~
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 02:27:41 PM »

Evangelist, thank you for that insight. I had heard some of those things from people and to see them written down as from his own accord, thats pretty sick.... Angry

Even worse is that hair piece.

There's a whole lot more comments than just those....enough to fill up a book, and everyone of them garbage.....but they sound good to the average member of the Kingdumb.....besides, they help sell books and get pledges for TV.

Yes, that hairpiece is absolutely awful. As you can see by the below picture, when hair is real and done properly, it looks right.  But since Hinn saw me on TBN before he became popular, he decided to copy it.  As soon as I saw him in it, I changed my style.  Grin

BroHank
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 03:30:09 AM »

I dont know much about Benny Hinn but I am interested in knowing who He is. So far -from what has been said- there is not enough to conclude whether He is a false teacher or prophet.

There is a difference between speaking and prophesizing. Although a prophet has a higher responsibility, they are still human. Why do people think that prophets can only speak the truth and know everything from the time they were called to the time they die? Why do people expect them to be perfect. Only Jesus was perfect.

Prophecies only come from God. A prophet cannot conjure one up in his own mind. But prophets still have a mind of their own and they can still make a mistake in their speaking and teaching. The only thing that cannot be mistaken is their prophecy which is from God. However, the Holy Spirit is still subject to their spirit. So they do control it. But you have to know that they can make mistakes; not the prophecy itself, but in their speaking. However, the prophecy itself should be clear and unmistaken. If they claim something is a prophecy and that something is not true (or does not occur) than that is a false prophecy and consequently that man is a false prophet.

Evangelist. Appreciate the info. It seems that there was error in his speaking and teaching but you didnt tell us whether his prophecies were true or false.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 04:28:03 PM »

I dont know much about Benny Hinn but I am interested in knowing who He is. So far -from what has been said- there is not enough to conclude whether He is a false teacher or prophet.

There is a difference between speaking and prophesizing. Although a prophet has a higher responsibility, they are still human. Why do people think that prophets can only speak the truth and know everything from the time they were called to the time they die? Why do people expect them to be perfect. Only Jesus was perfect.

Prophecies only come from God. A prophet cannot conjure one up in his own mind. But prophets still have a mind of their own and they can still make a mistake in their speaking and teaching. The only thing that cannot be mistaken is their prophecy which is from God. However, the Holy Spirit is still subject to their spirit. So they do control it. But you have to know that they can make mistakes; not the prophecy itself, but in their speaking. However, the prophecy itself should be clear and unmistaken. If they claim something is a prophecy and that something is not true (or does not occur) than that is a false prophecy and consequently that man is a false prophet.

Evangelist. Appreciate the info. It seems that there was error in his speaking and teaching but you didnt tell us whether his prophecies were true or false.

Benny Hinn himself has said many times "I'm prophesying ...." And these prophecies that he has given have not come true on the dates that he said they would. The quote that Evangelist gave above was from Hinn's own mouth in regards to a messiah (Jesus Christ) coming to us physically before the second coming.

The following is a portion of a transcript from the 29 Mar 2000 TBN broadcast.

Benny Hinn: "I know deep in my soul something supernatural is going to happen in Nairobi, Kenya. I feel that I may very well come back. And you and Jan are coming - Paul and Jan are coming to Nairobi with me, but Paul we may very well come back with footage of Jesus on the platform. You know that the Lord appeared in Romania recently and there's a video of it, where the Lord appeared in the back of a church and you see him on video walking down the aisle. Yea. Paul do you remember when I came on TBN years ago; I showed you a clip of the Lord appearing in our church in Orlando on the balcony on the wall. Yea, you remember that?"

Paul Crouch: "Yea, very well, I saw it."

Benny Hinn: "That was eighty something, eighty sixty, whatever. You know, I always wondered why the Lord, why did He do that? You know why now. I look back, that was the beginning of the greatest move of God in our church. Because 83, 84, 85 were horrible years for me horrible years. '86 the blessings of God began, but they began with this manifestation of the Lord's face on the balcony that stayed for 8 weeks, 8 solid weeks. The Lord has done this in the past but He's about to do it again. Now hear this, I'm prophesying this, Jesus Christ the Son of God is about to appear physically in some churches and some meetings and to many of His people. For one reason, to tell you He's about to show up. So wake up, Jesus is coming saints. You have held back from the Lord in the past -- don't you dare do it now. The day will come you will stand before Him and give an answer. How dare we not give to God? How dare we hold back? Who do we think He is -- some neighbor of ours? He's God Almighty -- we fear the Lord God of hosts. He's not some man -- He's God. If Jesus tonight appeared on this platform here and looked through this camera and said to you I need your offerings so I can touch the world, would you give Him? Of course. Well, I've got news for you. He's saying it, He's saying it, He's saying it through His servants, He's saying it through His Word, He's saying it. The Bible clearly states, 'how shall they go unless they be sent?' And God is speaking to you, so obey him. Some of you need to give large sums tonight. Don't you give those small sums if you have the large sums. Many of you have those small sums. The best you can give is all God wants from you. The best you can give is all expects of ya. But some of you watching right now have money in the bank your gonna leave it behind. You may even lose it unless you obey God tonight. Give to God tonight. God is speaking to you now. Do you know by holding back from God you're keeping God's blessings from your family by holding back from the Lord? You're saying "No, Lord, I don't want your presence in my home." And when you call, tell the Lord, 'I'm sowing tonight because I believe what this man is saying on TV. I believe what Benny Hinn is saying is what I need to hear. The anointing of God is about to invade my home, my life, my children. I'm giving in faith, believing Lord that my seed will touch your heart.' In fact, I'm going to say something I never said on a telethon, I believe that God is healing people while they are making a pledge tonight. There are people getting healed making a pledge. No, no, you are not paying for that healing, and you know that. But God is honoring you for your obedience and touching your body..."

Well, Jesus couldn't have been clearer approximately 2,000 years ago:

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man" (Matthew 24:23-27).

Under "The Anointing" on a TV program on 12/31/89 Healing Evangelist Benny Hinn made several prophecies of things the Lord was showing him were to take place in the 1990s: "The Spirit of God tells me an earthquake will hit the east coast of America and destroy much in the 90s." "The Spirit tells me Fidel Castro will die in the 90's. . . Oooh! Holy Spirit just said to me it'll be worse than any death you can imagine." "The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid-90s -- about '94 or '95, no later than that -- God will destroy the homosexual community of America . . . He will destroy it with fire."

If you do a little research on Benny Hinn you will find that he is a false prophet and false teacher.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 05:50:05 PM »

Felix:
As Pastor Roger points out, and I will emphatically state also:
Benny Hinn is a false prophet, AND a false teacher.

Why should a prophet make no mistakes?  Because God said so (Deut. 13).  There is no room for error, or "misspeaking."  When a prophet says
"thus saith the LORD", it is the LORD speaking, not the person. If otherwise, it is no more than a mere man speaking his own opinion and mind, and does NOT qualify for "thus saith the LORD!"

It is only in this late age that so many want to prophesy, and even more want to make excuses for them when what they say is shown to be false by it's failure to materialize.

BroHank
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 03:33:14 AM »

Pastor Roger,

thanx for sharing. So fidel castro didnt die in the 90s... If Benny Hinn did say he prophesied the death of fidel castro and it didnt happen then that was a false prophecy. I'm not sure about Jesus appearing physically. I can only take that as Jesus appearing as he did to the apostle Paul. I'm not sure if Jesus would be in His physical body though. That would be when we are glorified. I'll do more research on Benny Hinn and see what I can dig up. I heard people say good things about him in the past. I always wanted to find out more but never looked into him.

Evangelist,

When a prophet prophesizes there can be no mistake in that. But I am sure they can make mistakes in their speaking and teaching. However, the prophecy itself is from God so that cannot be mistaken.

You see...if God appointed a man to be a teacher and that man taught for 10 years...will you call that man a false teacher if he has taught the wrong thing before; or made a mistake? No, we all make mistakes. That's when we try to do things instead of letting God take care of it.

But in the end, trust no man. Trust only in God. Sometimes we hear a word from a very trusted person and we believe in that. But that word may be false and lead to our destruction.

YOu know something?

Even a real true prophet can tell you to do the wrong thing. Just like that one prophet who told this fellow (forgot the guy) to go eat something, and he was taken out by a lion. This fellow had denied a king, but when he met a prophet he trusted in his words. That lead to his death. So, dont trust anyone! Ask God, "Is what this man saying true?" Dont even trust me! God promises that if you ask, you shall receive. And if you seek, you will find. So if you seek and ask for the truth, God will show you.
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 04:23:29 AM »

Evangelist,

I read deut 13... This does not refer to a false prophet but a real prophet who turns people away from God to other gods. (In these days probably the prophet himself) This indicates that real prophets and teachers can intentionally do evil things and not be called false prophets. This is worse than a false prophet. So again, we can trust in no man. We can only trust in God.

The only sure way to know whether it is from God is to see if it acknowledges that Jesus has come in the flesh. A way to test a man is to ask him, "Can you confess with your mouth tht Jesus Christ is Lord?" Also by checking what he is saying...what it turns your heart to: Jesus or something else.

When the anti-christ comes He will do miraculous signs too. Many others before him may do the same things.  
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 01:21:25 AM »

I've done some research on Benny Hinn. I'm still not sure. God said we could tell by his fruits. I havent found his ministry so I cant tell. Can someone provide some links?
BigD
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 03:32:07 AM »

I've done some research on Benny Hinn. I'm still not sure. God said we could tell by his fruits. I havent found his ministry so I cant tell. Can someone provide some links?

Just go to you "search engine" and type in Benny Hinn. There are many links to this deceiver.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
tsu05

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 11:13:01 AM »

wow for once i agree with BigD this may be a bad sign.   The man is a deciever.  One of the biggest bible ref. to this is 2 Peter 3....i think.

I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 02:01:25 PM »

wow for once i agree with BigD this may be a bad sign.   The man is a deciever.  One of the biggest bible ref. to this is 2 Peter 3....i think.

Hmmm....I'd go more for Jude 1:11

BroHank
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the