Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thoughts on Benny Hinn???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on Benny Hinn???  (Read 7634 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 10:29:56 PM »

Interesting pager, Biff. Glad to know I'm not the only person who thinks LeHaye is a heretic! Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
sinner

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2005, 02:43:24 PM »

when it comes to benny hinn or anybody else for that matter if what they say does not line up with the whole word of God then you can be sure they are false teachers  and not to be trusted in anything they say or practice.   what sayeth the scripture Christ died and rose again according to the scriptures.
    yours because of Calvary;
        sinner
peh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 10:07:27 PM »

Instead of finding fault in posts with public figures, perhaps we'd be better off, if we believe someone is misusing the Word, or is prophesying falsely, to follow Scriptural procedures rather than to "speak evil of" them on posts.

Procedures such as Matt 18:15 "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.' 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. "

Twice Scriptures warn us:

2 Peter 2:9-10 "the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries,.."

And Jude 1:8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries.

While some say these "dignitaries" mentioned are not of flesh and blood but spiritual, it seems it would be wise not to be found among those who "speak evil of dignitaries", even if it is even remotely possible it may mean Benny Hinn.  
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2005, 10:52:25 PM »

peh,

I am not sure which version of the Bible that you are using. The KJV uses the word "dignities" in those two verses not dignitaries.  The original Greek word here is doxa which means "glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literally or figuratively, objectively or subjectively): - dignity, glory (-ious), honour, praise, worship".

Matt 18:5 is when a brother sins against you. This is not in reference to teaching falsely. Nor are we as individuals judging this man but rather the Word of God is.

As true Christians we must expose false teachings for what they are just as Jesus and the Apostles did.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 11:02:05 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2005, 11:50:54 PM »

As true Christians we must expose false teachings for what they are just as Jesus and the Apostles did.

Amen.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »

peh:

Seconds to PR, plus....

A public teacher who teaches falsely in public is to be rebuked in public, not with the one-to-one commanded in Mat. 18.

FYI, Mr. Hinn (and others) have been approached in private, and have refused (on numerous occasions) to amend their teachings. Further, they have (on numerous occasions) stated to some parties (magazines) that they would change some portions, and have not, which makes them liars.

Scripture plainly tells us to reprove and rebuke false teachers. We are to try them (by scripture), and when they fail the test to point out that failure to ALL who might listen to them, so that the weaker might not be led astray.

Jesus certainly didn't have any problem upbraiding the Pharisees and money-changers.....IN PUBLIC.

Finally.....your quote of 2 Pet. and Jude is better applied to those false teachers themselves, because they speak of things that they know NOT of, and do so presumptiously, with utter self-will, they despise authority, and walk after the flesh (pursuing filthy lucre).

Learn a little discernment....

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
peh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2005, 07:54:15 PM »

Evangelist, excuse me, but Benny Hinn and others publicly scorned, esp in Christian forums, say they are brothers, not public teachers, and when did you ever see a public school teacher chastized in public for teaching evolution?

"FYI, Mr. Hinn (and others) have been approached in private, and have refused (on numerous occasions) to amend their teachings."

FYI, by whom, if you know and are not printing yet more hearsay?   Who says what they teach is incorrect?  You?  Do you not know we "know in part"?   That even "knowledge" shall be done away with?

Pastor Roger, I'm surprised you don't recognize the NKJV then.  I copied/pasted from the Bible itself. and it says "dignitaries".  

"Nor are we as individuals judging this man but rather the Word of God is."   Really?  How about this quote from one of "we"?  "...LeHaye is a heretic!"  "Benny Hinn is a joke", and I especially found this one enlightening and heartwarming, "This guy is an antichrist.  The opening to his show says it all: he shakes hands with the pope."

How is the Word judging Benny Hinn?  The Word Himself said He did not come to judge the world but to save it, even though all judgement is given Him.   I say those who post ungracious, unloving and accusatory words against one who says he is a brother, is himself puffed up with what he thinks is "higher" or "better" knowledge, and is himself deceived in thinking he is acting like a Christian.  

"Scripture plainly tells us to reprove and rebuke false teachers."    Where?

"Learn a little discernment.... ", that is the attitude of a haughty and arrogant Pharisee, not a brother of Christ, and I say to you, "teacher, teach yourself".    See if it is meek and mild or arrogant and proud to "lord it over" another's faith.  You assume you know the Truth, and that Benny Hinn and others you criticize are not teaching it.   How is it that you are so blessed as to be holder of all truth?   And someone who has been a Christian for a very long time is a false teacher "pursuing filthy lucre" because you say so?

Surely you will say now that you have personally heard Mr, Hinn say something that was shockingly irreverent against God, the Holy Spirit, or Jesus?  If so, I ask you to post it, and prove it, and not by hearsay but by reality.  

The kinds of things said against public figures in Christianity are not so easy to stand against, but are whispers from a church that knows no sort of loyalty to its members, no regard except for their own understanding of God's PRECIOUS Word, and cares not at all that the world is damning the very ones you damn with even less reason.  

I'm sure the enemy of our souls rejoices to see such folly.

"Finally.....your quote of 2 Pet. and Jude is better applied to those false teachers themselves...".  Since you dare criticize my choice of Scripture, as if you are a judge of how the interpretation should be aimed, how about this one?  

Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice.

Finally, and I do not call you brothers, since you have shown me the implication that you are Christian cannot be taken at face value but must, in the basement of my human reasoning, be sorted and sifted and JUDGED by how "I" think you are doing, if you are of the Truth or not.  And based on "MY" judgement, I may determine if you are worthy of my respect or not. If not, I may call you names, insinuate and state out right that you are not Christian, but a "false teacher".  

I'm sure you would say to me, "Of course, I am a Christian".  "Do you not see Pastor in front of my name?   Do you not see I have named myself Evangelist?   HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY STATION?  

And so I say the same to you, HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ANONE WHO SAYS THEY ARE CHRISTIAN?   Can you not question their teaching?   Can you not attempt to see why they teach as they do?   Must you assume it is to "pursue filthy lucre"?   Must you think as the world thinks?

One poster asked if we saw the 20-20 interview with Mr Hinn.  Now there is a question.   And then to use the information from that interview to further denigrate Mr Hinn?  What are you thinking?
Layman Bairn

Christ who is our life

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2005, 08:55:19 PM »

My favorite verse is rev. 2:2 when it comes to discussing false teachers. I like this verse because The Lord's heart is so evident. This section of the letter contains The Lord's commendations to the Ephesians. Jesus applauds their trying and their judging of these charlatans.
Rev 2:2
2. I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: (KJV)

Someone whose discernment is in the embryo stages should pick up immediately that Hinn is no man of God, is a liar and an embarassment to us all.

Agape
Bairn

Col 3:3-4
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4.When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2005, 10:54:21 PM »

[qoute]

2Ti 4:2  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Tit 1:10  For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Tit 1:11  Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
Tit 1:12  One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
Tit 1:13  This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
Tit 1:14  Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Tit 2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15  These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Personally I could care less if you question my position or not, nor do I care if you call me brother for I am not here for my own vainful purposes. I am just a man. It is not my position here that is being talked of but rather the teachings and position of Jesus Christ. It has already been shown earlier in this thread where Benny Hinn in his own words quite plainly taught the opposite of Jesus Christ. These things are not something that is a "matter of individual interpretation" but quite a definite, very plain matter.

Gal 6:14  But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
peh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 02:58:45 PM »

Hmmm, let's see, Evangelist:

Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Way of Cain - he killed his brother out of jealousy
Error of Balaam - he was going to curse God's people for reward
Gainsaying (rebelling) of Core - now this was a bit more difficult, but according to the Lexicon, Core refers to Korah, a man who, along with others, rebelled against God's chosen leader.

Now just who did you say this verse refers to?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:00:57 PM by peh » Logged
peh

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 03:16:38 PM »

[qoute]

2Ti 4:2  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort  (WHO?) with all longsuffering and doctrine....

Tit 1:13  This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them WHO? sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Tit 2:15  These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke (WHAT THINGS?) with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

As a matter of record, let me point out that neither Benny Hinn nor others of those labelled as "false teachers" are very likely to read this forum's posts.   So, then there is no correction of him or any of the others' called "false teachers" on this forum.   There is however, accusations and backbiting, which as a matter of definition is speaking evil about a person not present.

This is what my posts are addressing, not whether the accusations of false teaching are true or incorrect, but this:  1 Cor 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.  First, we must recognize no one of us has all Truth.

Therefore, to believe we know someone else is teaching falsely and we are called upon to correct them, requires this:

1.  That we address it to them.  
2.  That we ask for prayer from others who are equally discerning that the false teaching would not continue.
3.  That we would teach those who ask for it or who appear to be in need of it, what the true teaching of Christ is to the best of our ability.  

To do the above, no accusations, or slander, or evil speaking in posts is required.   Dependence on God alone is definitely required, and humbling.  
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2005, 03:17:55 PM »

peh,

I know that you mean well, but this one isn't even close. Benny Hinn is a false prophet, a false teacher, and a person who commits fraud to live in luxury, all in the name of the Lord. He has such a lengthy track record of such acts that much is recorded all over the Internet and other media. Christians don't wish God's speed to people like Benny Hinn.

If you don't believe the tiny sampling of evidence here, do your own search on the Internet and you will have overwhelming evidence that is impossible to ignore. Look at it for yourself. In the meantime, you should not expect God's children on Christians Unite or anywhere else to support a person who is NOT working for God. The highly documented evidence is NOT just a matter of opinion. It is not against the teachings of the Holy Bible to boldly state the truth about such people.

Love In Christ,
Tom

II Timothy 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005, 03:33:30 PM »

Instead of finding fault in posts with public figures, perhaps we'd be better off, if we believe someone is misusing the Word, or is prophesying falsely, to follow Scriptural procedures rather than to "speak evil of" them on posts.

Procedures such as Matt 18:15 "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.' 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. "

Twice Scriptures warn us:

2 Peter 2:9-10 "the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries,.."

And Jude 1:8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries.

While some say these "dignitaries" mentioned are not of flesh and blood but spiritual, it seems it would be wise not to be found among those who "speak evil of dignitaries", even if it is even remotely possible it may mean Benny Hinn.  

Amen sister! I had wanted to reply to this a lot sooner. Because at the time, I just had a revelation about this matter and was very eager to share it when I read this.

Earlier in this thread...this was exactly why I questioned these people here. I asked Evangelist to tell me what prophecies were false. Just like you said sister..."perhaps we'd be better off, if we believe someone is misusing the Word, or is prophesying falsely, to follow Scriptural procedures rather than to "speak evil of" them on posts." This is what is suppose to be done. Otherwise, we are judged by God himself.

Brothers and sisters, at this point...I still do not know if Benny Hinn is a false teacher and prophet...even after coming to a site that rebuked Hinn.

What is the situation here?

Consider the following:
A prophet of God comes. People call him a heretic and a liar. Therefore, people believe that and throw out everything that man says. What if...just what if what that man is saying is a Word from God??? Do you know who is at judgement here? Can we learn something from the OT? Do we not see that the trend of Israel were to reject the words from God's prophets? Do we not see that it were the pharisees themselves who rejected the Words of God Himself, Jesus Christ?!

God does not want people to easily ill-believe in people. This is JUDGING! You will be judged in like manner. You see...even if the prophet is false you will not be accountable for thinking he was real. But you will be held accountable if the prophet is true and you speak evil of him.

Why you are or are not accountable:
Say a person says he's the greatest basketball player in the world (the truth is he's not; he is lying). However, you believe him.

Then one day you meet him and watch him play a game. You find out from this that he didnt even score a point. So he exalted himself and he is then humbled by the truth. Judgement itself fell on him. There was no need for man to make this judgement. Otherwise, it is dangerous...

Now consider a person who says he is the greatest basketball player in the world (this is the truth; he is NOT lying). You hear people speak ill of him who say he's arrogant and cant even slam dunk. You hear and accept full heartedly these ill words against him. You do not believe he is the greatest basketball player in the world; you think he is just exalted himself. So who is at judgement here? YOU are! Because you choose to accept these false and ill words against him and you believed it! And not only that but you spread this word to others and bring them under your same judgement!

So what can we learn from this?
It is not wise to be so quick to bind yourself to hearsay. You need to find out the truth by seeing it. Just like if you watch these two basketplayers play in several games, you will find the truth. Then you will not be under judgement if you decide how good they are because you witnessed the truth.

This should be the basis of how we discern these things.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:49:39 PM by felix102 » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2005, 06:02:12 PM »

The difference here is not just in hearing this person but comparing what he says to that of what Jesus has said. When they do not agree then you know that he is a false prophet or teacher. There is NO danger in this. The danger is in not doing the Lords work by exposing these falsehoods using the tools (GOD'S WORD) that the Lord has provided us thereby saving many from falling prey to his evil work.

I for one will not rest in doing the Lords work. I will expose the work of the Devil and teach the word of God every chance that I get.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 06:04:56 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2005, 06:17:55 PM »

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

AND, many will join you, including me. Further, I'm not concerned about criticism while doing the Lord's work. The Bible is very specific about this, especially dealing with false prophets/teachers. SO, I'll do as the Bible commands.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the