Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Blessed Assurance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blessed Assurance  (Read 3529 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2005, 02:14:48 PM »

Ever doubt you were really saved at any point in your Christian walk?  If you are doubting your salvation, the following might set your mind at ease.  Smiley

I am sure we have all struggled with this at one time or another.   The enemy loves to plant doubts in the heart of believers about their salvation or scincerity of their faith.

How could you do that if you were really a Christian?
Someone who was truly saved would not have such thoughts!
You’re just going through the motions, but your faith is not real.
See, you don’t really have victory over sin in your life!

These are typical thoughts the devil will plant in the mind of a believer.  

But, I don’t have a victorious life in Christ, I still struggle with sin!  Maybe I'm not really saved?

Do you feel convicted when you sin?   Do you cry out to God for mercy and strength when you sin?  Do you submit yourself to the laws of God?   Then you are saved friend!   How do I know this?   Because scripture tells us that only a spirit filled person is capable of these things.   An unbeliever walks after the flesh, but a true believer walks after the Spirit.

Rom 8:5  For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6  For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
Rom 8:7  because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so

An unsaved person does not concern himself with, nor is he capable of subjecting himself to the laws of God!   Yet we, even though we fall from time to time, still subject ourselves to His law written on our hearts, and seek His mercy for our sin, under the plan of Gods redemptive work in Jesus Christ.   Sound familiar?

Rom 8:8  and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9  However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
Rom 8:10  If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Rom 8:12  So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--
Rom 8:13  for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Rom 8:14  For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

We are constantly putting to death the deeds of the flesh, why?   Because of the leading of the Spirit that lives in us.   By the renewing of our minds reading Gods word, prayer, and submission to Him.  Seeking to live a pleasing life to God, allowing Him access to us for service to Him.  

Again I ask, do you fall at the foot of the cross when you sin, crying out for His mercy and forgivness?   Then you are subjecting yourself to the laws of God when you sin, by the leading of the Spirit!    This is not walking after the flesh, but after the Spirit!   Something only a believer can do.    Yes we still sometimes struggle with sin in our lives.  I know I personally, have probably commited worse sins since turning my life over the Christ, than before I was a believer.    But Gods grace was greater!   His compassion is never ending.   His Love is endless!   To this day I still stumble at times, we all will till the day we die!   Thank God for His precious Son, and mercy on this sinner!

Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

MORE than conquerors…not of our own might, but through Him that loved us!  Praise God!

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What Grace, what peace, what Blessed Assurance!

The lyrics seem to say it well...

1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

2.  Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

3.  Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 02:50:34 PM »

Amen and praise God for His wonderful mercies!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 03:09:31 PM »

Yes its one of my fav's also.

Here's a bit of history on the composer Fanny Crosby 1873.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/b/l/blesseda.htm

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 08:35:24 PM »

Amen.

All we need to do is confess our sins everytime we fall.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Just confess your sins to God. There is no need to feel guilty anymore. Just forgive and the blood of the lamb will wash you clean.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

It says blessed are those who WASH. Not blessed are those who are perfect. Not those who are sinless. But those who WASH. And notice it doesnt say those who have already washED (past tense). But those who WASH (present tense). You have washed yourselves in the blood of the lamb before but we forget that we must keep doing it!

Just like our clothes must be washed again and again because it gets dirty; we need to constantly purify ourselves because we constantly become unclean. So wash yourselves!

There is no need to feel guilty anymore. Confess your sins to God and He will cleanse you from all unrighteousness. Confess and you will be forgiven.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the