Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:57:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do You Have Everlasting Life?????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You Have Everlasting Life?????  (Read 10657 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2003, 08:01:13 AM »

God will keep His covenant with Israel, this will be done in the future. Hint, after the Rapture

Yeah I know I was just curious what Mikee had to say.  It's almost.. no it's quite humorous how mad he gets over OSAS.  If only he would be a biblicist.   Embarrassed

Are you KJV Only? If Yes, Why?

If I've got the best there's not point to messing with less.   Grin

God bless,
Jason

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2003, 12:54:50 PM »

God will keep His covenant with Israel, this will be done in the future. Hint, after the Rapture

Yeah I know I was just curious what Mikee had to say.  It's almost.. no it's quite humorous how mad he gets over OSAS.  If only he would be a biblicist.   Embarrassed

Are you KJV Only? If Yes, Why?

If I've got the best there's not point to messing with less.   Grin

God bless,
Jason

OK Bro

and one DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2003, 10:58:55 AM »

Michael, Michael, Did Michael, leave the ChristiansUnite Forums???  

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2003, 01:54:37 PM »

Are you a Christian? Are you going to heaven one day? Are you saved? Most people, when asked one of these questions will respond: "I think so," or "I hope so," or possibly "I don't know." Many who "think so" or "hope so" are not saved, because they have never trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. Yet, many who have trusted Christ as Savior have no real assurance of their salvation. They cannot say, "I know that I'm saved."

Can we truly know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that we are saved from our sins? The answer, found in the Scriptures, is "Yes!" Let's look at three things taught in the Scriptures that assure us of our personal salvation.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2003, 02:18:28 PM »

The Word of God

God has promised us eternal life in His Word, and He has provided this wonderful life through His Son.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

The promise is that whoever believes in the Son "has everlasting life." Notice that it doesn't say that the person who belives may one day obtain everlasting life, but that the person "has" everlasting life, the very moment they believe in Him. The gospel of John repeats this wonderful promise many times. In fact, one of the key reasons the book of John was written was that, "... you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name" (John 20:31).

In keeping with this stated purpose, John records Jesus' use of the expression "most assuredly" (translated "verily, verily" in the KJV) twenty five times. In the Greek it is "amen amen." The word "amen" comes from a root word which means "firm." It could be translated "surely" or "truly." It is closely akin to the Hebrew word for "believe" or "faithful." When the word "amen" is repeated, it becomes an expression of absolute trust and confidence. Jesus used this expression in John 5:24 to assure us of God's promise.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

We know that God's Word is true, therefore it gives us assurance. Titus 1:2 tells us that we have the "hope (i.e. the confidence, assurance) of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began." The 119th Psalm, which is a testimony to God's Word, says, "The entirety of Your Word is true, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever" (verse 160).

The Bible is God's testimony to us, written that we may know that we are saved.

"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, ..." (I John 5:13)

Many people today are listening to the traditions and teachings of men or religious organizations instead of listening to the testimony of God's Word. The only source of absolute truth is the Word of God. Be assurred. We can know that we are saved because God's Word promises eternal life to those who believe in the finished work of His Son.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Drake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2003, 02:43:54 PM »

Quote Ambassador 4 Christ:
The Word of God

God has promised us eternal life in His Word, and He has provided this wonderful life through His Son.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

The promise is that whoever believes in the Son "has everlasting life." Notice that it doesn't say that the person who belives may one day obtain everlasting life, but that the person "has" everlasting life, the very moment they believe in Him. The gospel of John repeats this wonderful promise many times. In fact, one of the key reasons the book of John was written was that, "... you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name" (John 20:31).

In keeping with this stated purpose, John records Jesus' use of the expression "most assuredly" (translated "verily, verily" in the KJV) twenty five times. In the Greek it is "amen amen." The word "amen" comes from a root word which means "firm." It could be translated "surely" or "truly." It is closely akin to the Hebrew word for "believe" or "faithful." When the word "amen" is repeated, it becomes an expression of absolute trust and confidence. Jesus used this expression in John 5:24 to assure us of God's promise.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

We know that God's Word is true, therefore it gives us assurance. Titus 1:2 tells us that we have the "hope (i.e. the confidence, assurance) of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began." The 119th Psalm, which is a testimony to God's Word, says, "The entirety of Your Word is true, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever" (verse 160).

"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, ..." (I John 5:13)

Many people today are listening to the traditions and teachings of men or religious organizations instead of listening to the testimony of God's Word. The only source of absolute truth is the Word of God. Be assurred. We can know that we are saved because God's Word promises eternal life to those who believe in the finished work of His Son.

AMEN  Smiley

Well put A4C

John the Baptist
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2003, 07:45:07 PM »

John here:
Peter has a message of inspiration for us in 2 Peter 3:15-16. It is telling us of some who did not understand Paul. Peter was Inspired to pen...
"As also in [all of his epistles], speaking in them of these things; in which some things hard to be understood, [which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest], AS [DO THEY ALSO THE OTHER SCRIPTURE], unto their own destruction."

(but it is mostly others that I am concerned with. See 1 Peter 4:17)

Philippians 3;12-18 is mans numbered writting of Paul. Periods, coma's were added by man. Yet, it is easy to understand by a truely converted person. (even others understand these passages in other denominational folds)

Lets look at verse 19 [up] to verse 11 in reverse & in part, and some added highlights? (kind of like my Jewish Bible. only no N.T.)

"For [many] walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you EVEN WEEPING, that they ARE ENEMIES OF THE CROSS OF CHRIST."  Cry, how many today feel this sorrow?

Then we see the part of Paul's confussion for others in these Wordings.. "Let US THEREFORE, [AS MANY BE PERFECT] be thus minded." He claims PERFECTION if we understand his Words! To find out what to be 'THUS MINDED' means we need the next verse up! (conditional) Yet, this verse does not stand alone like some would have you to 'believe'! Paul continues on...

"I PRESS TOWARD THE MARK FOR THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS."
The Mark is ahead of this saint! And he states that... 'I press TOWARD the MARK'. (like an errow being shot)

Perfect as long as one was IN CHRIST JESUS! Rom. 8:1. As was CAIN as long as he obeyed, in following Christ. Gen. 4:7
Perfect as long as the 'sin unto DEATH had not been reached by being FINISHED! See James 1:15 & 1 Jn. 5:16-17. MATURITY either way!

Now: Paul really confounded some, huh? For he says... "Brethern, I count NOT MYSELF TO HAVE APPREHENDED: BUT THIS ONE THING I DO, forgetting those things which are behind, and REACHING FORTH unto those things which are before, .."
Sure seems like it would have taken a Ph.D. to garble this understanding up? Yet, Peter told us what the real problem was, huh?

And now in the first verse, we have it a little more forcefully put even! Paul totally contradicts himself by Peter's definition of the unlearned & unstable. Notice:

"Not as THOUGH I HAD ALREADY ATTAINED, EITHER WERE ALREADY PERFECT: BUT I FOLLOW AFTER, [IF] THAT I MAY APPREHAND THAT FOR WHICH ALSO [I AM APPREHENDED OF CHRIST JESUS."

It IS NOT THE MASTER THAT SAYS FOR YOU TO TELL THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE PERFECT. It comes from ANOTHER source! See Eph. 6:12. Cry
For [ALL] OF THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL PROMISES OF GOD & THE EVERLASTING COVENANT  PROMISES OF GOD, ARE ETERNALLY CONDITIONAL! Rev. 14:6 & Heb. 13:20.

---John

PS: I always check the [top] square below, but never receive a notified response. So I will not react to this post unless I fall upon it by providence. So 'jab' away ya'all!

Quote Ambassador 4 Christ:
The Word of God

AMEN  Smiley

Well put A4C

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2003, 07:55:04 PM »

AMEN  Smiley

Well put A4C

Thanks Sister  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2003, 08:00:02 PM »

The Work of Christ

Many of the doubts and fears that people have about their salvation are due to the mistaken idea that they must do something in order to be saved: good works, attending church, keeping the ordinances, etc. When we come to understand that salvation is by grace through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary, we can be assured of our salvation.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Eph. 2:8-9)

This verse of Scripture makes it clear that salvation is not because of us or because of our works. It is a gift from God. Titus 3:5 declares that salvation is "not by works of righteousness which we have done." Our salvation is based on the finished work which the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished for us on Calvary. Just before Jesus died, He cried with a loud voice, "It is finished!" (John 19:30). When Jesus died on that cross, He finished the work the Father had sent Him to do; He "paid in full" the price for our sins. The word "finished" is in the perfect tense which means that the work was finished in time past and remains finished with continuing results.

The work of Christ is the only work required for our salvation. Nothing needs to be added to what He has done. We are "complete in Him" (Col. 2:10).

"Therefore He is able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them." (Heb. 7:25)

Only the Lord Jesus Christ has the power to save a person from their sins. As poor lost sinners we are powerless to do anything to save ourselves (Rom. 5:6-8). Jesus saves "to the uttermost." He provides perfect, complete salvation to all who come to God "through Him." God's promise of eternal life is "in His Son," and "all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God" (II Cor. 1:20).

People who are depending upon themselves or their own good works for salvation, do not understand what it means to "trust" in Christ as Savior. Be assured Jesus Christ has done all the work necessary to accomplish your salvation. He alone has the power to save, and He saves completely all who simply trust in and rely upon Him.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2003, 12:45:31 PM »

"In Him (Christ) you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise." (Eph. 1:13)

Salvation comes through hearing the word of truth, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and trusting in Him as Savior. The very moment we believe, which is what the expression "having believed" means, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise. This sealing identifies the believer as a child of God, protects and secures the believer in Christ, and guarantees that God's promise of eternal life with Him will be realized.

The Holy Spirit Himself is the guarantee (Eph. 1:14). He comes to dwell within the heart of each believer (Rom. 8:9,14-15) and will remain until the day of redemption, when Christ will come to catch His church up into glory (Eph. 4:30).

Many people rely too much on their feelings or emotions to determine whether they are saved or not. Feelings can often mislead us. Just because we are feeling down or even depressed does not mean we are not saved. As the Holy Spirit indwells us, He "bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God." This is more than just a feeling or a fleeting emotion. The Holy Spirit testifies to our spirit through the Word of God and assures us that our salvation is based on the facts of God's Word and our faith in Him, rather than upon mere feelings.

The Holy Spirit also produces fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23). These are more than just simple human emotions. Love is the ability to unselfishly care for another person. Joy is deep down and lasting, whereas happiness may come and go. True peace of heart and mind is produced in us by the Holy Spirit, because He assures us that we have peace with God through the Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:1).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2003, 09:31:18 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

AMEN!

Thank you Brother. Complete and 100% assurance of Salvation is another beautiful blessing from God. Doubt and uncertainty are of man, not GOD. Almighty God can and will keep and preserve HIS children.

The GOOD SHEPHERD will not leave, forsake, or lose even one of HIS flock.

In Christ.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2003, 01:47:38 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

AMEN!

Thank you Brother. Complete and 100% assurance of Salvation is another beautiful blessing from God. Doubt and uncertainty are of man, not GOD. Almighty God can and will keep and preserve HIS children.

The GOOD SHEPHERD will not leave, forsake, or lose even one of HIS flock.

In Christ.

Thanks Bro, AAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2003, 04:48:06 PM »

The coming of our Lord draweth nigh. Satan's last-day evangelism is in full swing. God's people must study His Word, proclaim it, stand on it and, if necessary, die by it.
"When the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on earth?"

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

John the Baptist
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »

The coming of our Lord draweth nigh. Satan's last-day evangelism is in full swing. God's people must study His Word, proclaim it, stand on it and, if necessary, die by it.
"When the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on earth?"
John here:
What on earth are you talking about Huh You have been crying free grace, nothing to do, ONLY BELIEVE throughout the whole thread! And next, ..here comes this post telling us that WORK is necessary! Die by it if necessary?

And the Master talks about babbling at the tower of Babel?

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2003, 01:51:19 AM »

You are truly confused aren't you?  I see nothing in his post of works to gain or lose salvation.  Good works are an outward sign to MEN of ones heart not God.  But you seem to have a hard time understanding english anyway.  It would be aparent that one was not saved if they should flee and deny the LORD simply because of a little persecution.  It would be a true sign of faith for one to stand firm in the LORD.  You seem to stand firm on you "keeping the law".

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the