Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:50:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do You Have Everlasting Life?????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You Have Everlasting Life?????  (Read 10654 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2003, 05:40:58 PM »

Would you like to have the knowledge, the assurance and the joy of sins forgiven? Would you like to be sure of heaven?

Well, the first step to heaven is to realize that you cannot get there by trying. You can't walk there. You can't climb there. You can't fly there. Only God can take you there.
Many try to earn heaven. They try to climb there on a ladder of good works. They talk about "adding another rung." But look out for that good works ladder! It's not anchored at the top and the higher you climb the farther you will fall.

God's Word says that salvation is "the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8,9). He is not
going to have boasters in heaven there are enough of them on earth and nobody likes them.

All of us should realize that even the best of us are not good enough for heaven, for "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23), but in this same statement the Apostle Paul declares that believers in Christ, who died for our sins, are "justified freely by His [God's] grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 3:24).

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:1).

So, friend, it is not by trying, or crying, or praying, or paying, or doing anything that you will reach heaven: it is only by believing. God says He loves sinners, and that Christ died for our sins. Will you believe this and trust Christ as your Savior? The terms are stated very plainly in John 3:35,36:

"The Father loveth the Son and hath given all things into His hand.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life, and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him."

« Last Edit: June 08, 2003, 10:49:22 AM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 03:07:16 PM »

Quote from: Michael
THEN STUDY ALL OF GODS WORD, AND FAITHFULLY APPLY ALL OF GODS WORD TO YOUR LIVES!
[quote

DITTO  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 05:04:15 PM »

Quote from: Michael
THEN STUDY ALL OF GODS WORD, AND FAITHFULLY APPLY ALL OF GODS WORD TO YOUR LIVES!
[quote

DITTO  Grin

That is exactly what I have done, and exactly why the OSAS doctirine is wrong!

Michael, How many times have you been Born Again? Your a lot like Jimmy Swaggert, do you have a problems in the flesh with lust? I am here to help you Bro

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 04:57:48 PM »

Michael?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 05:51:23 PM »

Ambassador4Christ;
      check out the following thread
http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=89

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Michael
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 10:36:53 PM »

Ambassador4Christ;

Thank you Forrest, but my apology means absolutely nothing to him, I could apologixe for a century, and crawl on my knees, and he would never forgive me, at least, not until I accept his OSAS  doctrine, which I will never do because it is not a sound Biblical doctrine it is a lie, and I refuse to follow a lie!

I apologized, God requires that he forgive me, he will not, that is his own choice (Matthew 6:15), I forgive him, and Pilgrim, and blackeyedpeas.....
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 02:47:07 AM »

Ambassador4Christ;

Thanks Forrest

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 02:49:02 AM »

Ambassador4Christ;

Thank you Forrest, but my apology means absolutely nothing to him, I could apologixe for a century, and crawl on my knees, and he would never forgive me, at least, not until I accept his OSAS  doctrine, which I will never do because it is not a sound Biblical doctrine it is a lie, and I refuse to follow a lie!

I apologized, God requires that he forgive me, he will not, that is his own choice (Matthew 6:15), I forgive him, and Pilgrim, and blackeyedpeas.....

Thanks Michael, your a good brother.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 06:04:52 PM »

Michael, The Bible says:

"He that is soon angry deals foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated." Proverbs 14:17

"He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalts folly." Proverbs 14:29

"The discretion of a man defers his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression." Proverbs 19:11

"Be not hasty in your spirit to be angry: for anger rests in the bosom of fools." Ecclesiastes 7:9

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty..." Proverbs 16:32

"A wrathful man stirs up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeases strife." Proverbs 15:18

"But now you must also put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth." Colossians 3:8

"Let all bitterness, wrath, janger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice." Ephesians 4:31

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Michael
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 06:19:26 PM »

Michael, The Bible says:

"He that is soon angry deals foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated." Proverbs 14:17

"He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalts folly." Proverbs 14:29

"The discretion of a man defers his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression." Proverbs 19:11

"Be not hasty in your spirit to be angry: for anger rests in the bosom of fools." Ecclesiastes 7:9

"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty..." Proverbs 16:32

"A wrathful man stirs up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeases strife." Proverbs 15:18

"But now you must also put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth." Colossians 3:8

"Let all bitterness, wrath, janger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice." Ephesians 4:31

You might also want to diligently look very closely at those same verses of scripture yourself, and think about the manner in which you have hatefully, and very sarcastically insulted me, and many others in the past here in these forums, and rightly apply the same Biblical truths to your own life...[/size]CRUSADER!![/u][/color]  ...BTW, I FORGIVE YOU!! You, ought also to do the same, in the like example of true Christian Love...   Grin
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 06:29:59 PM by Michael » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 06:28:11 PM »

LIE #1 More to come...

Michael

I'm a llama!

MICHAEL, I WANT YOU TO......
« on: April 15, 2003, 10:29:48 PM »    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I KNOW THERE A FEW WHO HATE ME BECAUSE OF MY BELIEFS (PILGRIM, BLACKEYEDPEAS, AMBASSADOR4CHRIST, I AM CERTAIN) SO GO AHEAD, SPEAK YOUR HEART....  

I NEVER SAID I HATE YOU, AND I DONT BELIEVE PILGRIM OR BLACKEYEPEAS EVER SAID THEY HATE YOU. YOU BANNED ,me from your SILLY POLL, thats fine. I hope you stay, and grow up a little. I NEVER SAID YOU WILL BURN IN HELL BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN LOSE YOUR SALVATION. YOU THINK YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE CHRISTIANS WITH YOUR LIES, YOU WILL NOT FOOL ME OR MOST OF GOD. YOU HAVE SAID I WILL BURN IN HELL MANY TIMES, BECAUSE I AM SAVED FOR ALL ETERNITY. YOU NEED HELP

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 06:37:28 PM »

Michael, The Bible says:

"The heart of the righteous studies to answer: but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things." Proverbs 15:28
"He that has knowledge spares his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise: and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." Proverbs 17:27-28

"He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame unto him." Proverbs 18:13

"A talebearer reveals secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit conceals the matter." Proverbs 11:13

"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles."
Proverbs 21:23

"He that covers a transgression seeks love; but he that repeats a matter separates very friends." Proverbs 17:9

"A man has joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!" Proverbs 15:23

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you wi th meekness and fear" 1 Peter 3:15

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how you ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

"And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (What an excellent Scriptural example of how we should speak when ministering to others.)

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Michael
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 06:56:36 PM »

Michael, The Bible says:

"The heart of the righteous studies to answer: but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things." Proverbs 15:28
"He that has knowledge spares his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise: and he that shuts his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." Proverbs 17:27-28

"He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame unto him." Proverbs 18:13

"A talebearer reveals secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit conceals the matter." Proverbs 11:13

"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles."
Proverbs 21:23

"He that covers a transgression seeks love; but he that repeats a matter separates very friends." Proverbs 17:9

"A man has joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!" Proverbs 15:23

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you wi th meekness and fear" 1 Peter 3:15

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how you ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

"And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (What an excellent Scriptural example of how we should speak when ministering to others.)

Hello Once Again Crusader!!![/color][/size]

I see you haven't changed in the least! Still posting scriptures you, yourself ought to apply diligently to your own life, while pointing a finger of critical accusations at others, and you do this even when the person you are pointing that finger of condemnnation at has:[/b] SINCERELY APOLOGIZED TO YOU!!![/b]Tell me something[/size]CRUSADER[/size][/color]Is that your definition of Christs sincere love for others?

I admitted I did wrong, and I posted a sincere apology, and you have rejected that apology, and offered absolutely no form of any forgiveness on your part, so then, as for your post # 134: What exactly would you expect me think of you and Pilgrim, and blackeyedpeas as not even one of you have said one word of forgiveness to me, nor have even one of you indicated in anyway that you have accepted my apology!

This does not surprise me though, most ( CERTAINLY NOT ALL, THANK GOD) people who believe the doctrine you believe poitn their fingers of accusation passing false judgements ion others and condemnning them while they themselves say look at what a perfect saint I am!

That's why I refuse to follow the doctrine you believe, it's a lie, and the proof of that fact is in the lives of many who follow it!
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2003, 02:18:39 AM »

Michael, The Bible says:

"Man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD." Deuteronomy 8:3

"Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not." Proverbs 8:33

"the just shall live by faith." Habbakuk 2:4

"Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that you may be wise in your latter days." Proverbs 19:20

"faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17

"For the LORD gives wisdom: out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6

"But as for you, continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:14-17

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Michael
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2003, 03:06:03 AM »

Hello again Crusader![/i][/size]

What makes you think[/b][/i][/size] GOD[/b][/i][/size][/u] would ever want me to change my christian beliefs, and my Christian walk with him from his absolute truth to a denominational lie?  I really have to laugh at that one!  Grin

I will NEVER change, I am living in the very best of Gods truth already, what would ever make me want to reject that truth, and follow a false doctrine?

I already have a very clear understanding of exactly what ALL of Gods word has to say about salvation, and what a person MUST DO TO KEEP THAT SALVATION INTACT SO THEY REALLY CAN HAVE ETERNAL SECURITY!

You might want to try searching ALL of Gods word for truth, you'd be surprised just how wrong your doctrine really is if you did!

I'm praying for you as well!  

Praying you will be delivered from the bondage you are in, and the lie you are deceived by.

You need not concern yourself with your question: "Michael Are You Sure"

I am comfidently definite, and definitely confident, that I am saved, in fact, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever about it!

I don't have to be a Once Saved Always Saved believer, and oh golly gee, I certainly do not have to a memebr of that infamous religuious group (denomination) known as the Church Of Christ, to be saved!

I was once a Baptist, yes sir, a devout, hardshell, defender of the lie you now promote!

But I praise God everyday that he delivered me far from that lie into his absolute truth!

What am I now?

I am absolutelty, and unashamedly, full Gospel!

I believe ALL of Gods word, and I mean ALL of it, every word, on every page, in every chapter, of each and every book!

God has never changed, and I am definitely certain that he never will change and his word has never changed, and will  never change because it is absolutely impossible for God to lie about anything, and he said:

I am the Lord: I change not! Malachi 3:6

I will not break my covenant, nor alter ANYTHING that has gone forth out of my lips! Psalm 89:34

The OSAS doctrine changes Gods word,  butchering his truth, and perverting, and corrupting even those scant few verses of scripture it's defenders, and teachers use to support it!

I am definitely confident, and even more confidently definite that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of my ever rejecting Gods absolute truth for the lie of OSAS!
[/color][/i][/size]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the