Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Comfort from God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Comfort from God  (Read 3819 times)
MatesHelper

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2005, 12:34:39 AM »

I had this very special exotic bird once and I will never forget Smithers. He was a Rainbow Lorikeet. Nine years old and was just a miracle bird. One day I was teribbly upset and thought that I needed to go to my bed to have a good cry Cry  As I flopped myself down on the bed, crying my heart out, I suddenly looked up and there he was staring me right in the face. I very quickly decided to remove him from my white bedspread and took him, along with a hand full of kleenex, to the living room and my rocker/recliner. There we sat for a bit and then he started to pull at the kleenex. I thought he would just rip it up, like he ripped everything else up. He got the Kleenex in his beak and climbed up to my shoulder and preceeded to wipe the tears from my cheek. At first, I thought it was my imagination. Then he did it again. I was astounded. He preceeded to wipe my face two more times. I was so awe struck. I just could not believe what just happened.
Unfortunately,Smithers and my husband didn't get along very well. One day he viciously attacked him so I had no choice but to find him another home. It has been over 2.5 years and I still miss Smithers. I don't know if I ever will completely recover. I have tons of stories about him . If anyone wishes to hear more. I would love to share them.  I keep saying  one day I will write a book. Smiley
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 01:13:08 AM »

Wow. That is awesome!

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 01:14:17 AM »

Oh, I forgot, sorry, you are new, welcome to ChristiansUnite! Hope you enjoy it here!

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 03:31:53 PM »

I had this very special exotic bird once and I will never forget Smithers. He was a Rainbow Lorikeet. Nine years old and was just a miracle bird. One day I was teribbly upset and thought that I needed to go to my bed to have a good cry Cry  As I flopped myself down on the bed, crying my heart out, I suddenly looked up and there he was staring me right in the face. I very quickly decided to remove him from my white bedspread and took him, along with a hand full of kleenex, to the living room and my rocker/recliner. There we sat for a bit and then he started to pull at the kleenex. I thought he would just rip it up, like he ripped everything else up. He got the Kleenex in his beak and climbed up to my shoulder and preceeded to wipe the tears from my cheek. At first, I thought it was my imagination. Then he did it again. I was astounded. He preceeded to wipe my face two more times. I was so awe struck. I just could not believe what just happened.
Unfortunately,Smithers and my husband didn't get along very well. One day he viciously attacked him so I had no choice but to find him another home. It has been over 2.5 years and I still miss Smithers. I don't know if I ever will completely recover. I have tons of stories about him . If anyone wishes to hear more. I would love to share them.  I keep saying  one day I will write a book. Smiley
Amazing!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
sweetwind05

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 08:04:22 PM »

Wow!
aribeth

I love jesus and the father

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 05:21:14 AM »

aww thats so sweet and it's to bad you had to let him go. Sad

i sure would like to hear more stories. it's so amazing how these darlings are. they are ablessing from god.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 05:39:17 PM »

Smiley  PLEASE PLEASE SHARE MORE STORIES!!!!

Blessings-

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the