Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:35:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  National ID
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: National ID  (Read 1264 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2005, 01:26:22 AM »

This weekend there were at least two major radio talk show hosts discussing this once again; it appears to be imminent, under the auspices of Homeland Security.

Should Christians take a National ID?

Is it a matter of degree?

Many of us take IDs of various kinds - licenses to drive a car, professional licenses for employment, ids for employment.

But this would be a general, overall 'license' to citizenship itself which, technically, if I'm reading the U.S. Consititution right, is a violation or, 'abridgment', of the 14th Amendment which, for citizenship, only requires that we be born here - there is nothing additional required; which would mean all i need is proof of birth here.  Requiring an I.D. would be technically an 'abridgement' of this amendment, which specifically declares that such rights are not to be 'abridged'.

Is it a matter of degree - that is, a Christian can allow himself to be so 'identified', up until some invisible line - say, once it becomes biometric - that is, using some body part to identify the person, then that's when to draw the line.  Of course, we've been using finger prints, a body part, for some 100 years already - but typically, that was for criminal, or military, reasons only.  Of course, they're doing it on school children now.  

One other presumption a National I.D. makes is, by definition, a presumption of guilt.  B/c a National I.D. is being implemented primarily for security reasons - i.e., to screen out 'undesirables', by implication then, if you don't take it, it will be an automatic presumption of guilt.

A presumption of guilt, to my mind, cuts at the root of all American liberty - that is, 'innocent until proven guilty'.
On the contrary, this will be making one's failure to take the id, as 'proof' of guilt.  Or, at least a presumption of guilt.

The whole point of any real 'freedom' in the first place is a minimum of identification.

That's what the Pilgrims, and everyone else fleeing to here, were fleeing from - constantly being 'identified', and harrassed - or worse.

Technically, for me, a National I.D. violates directly the protection of the 14th Amendment and, secondly, violates the general spirit of the whole U.S. Constitution, in the first place, that is, that its citizens are now guilty, until proven innocent - by virtue of a National I.D.

So even if the National I.D., is not biometric- that is, connected to some body part, it still even then would be a violation of my own Constitutional liberties, for citizenship, as I see it.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 01:47:33 AM »

Hey, great post my friend!

As far as the mark of the beast goes, we are safe from that because that doesn't come into play until after the rapture. However, I agree with you symph, I will not go along with any bio/micro chip I.D. I also believe this technology is imminent, as is the cashless society.

Bronzesnake
Yoyostick

L.E.A.H. and the Trashmobile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 05:18:05 PM »

Hmm . . . I've heard something about this before. I don't have time for a long post or anything, but I'll just say this. Don't worry about the Mark of the Beast. When it comes, we'll know for sure what it is because we're Christians. We won't just be left in the dark to find the answers for ourselves. That's my two cents worth. Smiley

Jesus is Life!
"For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting LIFE." -John 3:16
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the