Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286969 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 258181 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:48 AM »

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.
For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, original member of the Continental Congress

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2006, 01:36:57 PM »

If the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made not for the public good so much as for the selfish or local purposes."
 --Daniel Webster

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2006, 01:39:29 PM »

“When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you for rulers just men who will rule in the fear of God. The preservation of a republican government depends on the faithful discharge of this duty.”
--Noah Webster

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »

"It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord." --Abraham Lincoln

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2006, 01:50:58 PM »

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." --Patrick Henry, original member of the Continental Congress

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »

"Work as if you were to live 100 years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »

"We've staked the whole future of American civilization not on the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all our political institutions upon the capacity of each and all of us . . . to Govern ourselves according to the commandments of God. The future and success of America is not in this Constitution, but in the laws of God upon which this Constitution is founded."
 --President James Madison

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2006, 01:53:19 PM »

"I conceive we cannot better express ourselves than by humbly supplicating the Supreme Ruler of the world…that the confusions that are and have been among the nations may be overruled by the promoting and speedily bringing in the holy and happy period when the kingdoms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ may be everywhere established."
 --Samuel Adams, American Revolutionist and signer of the Declaration of Independence

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »

HARVARD
The Founding Fathers placed a strong priority on higher education with the Bible as the cornerstone. On September 26, 1642 the guidelines that would govern Harvard University, our nation's first college, were established. They read, in part, "Let every student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life (John 17:3), and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom, as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and learning. And seeing the Lord only giveth wisdom, let every one seriously set himself by prayer in secret to seek it of him (Proverbs 2:3)." The motto of Harvard was Christi Gloriam (Christ be glorified) and the college was later dedicated Christo et Ecclesiae (for Christ and for the Church). The founders of Harvard believed that "All knowledge without Christ was vain."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2006, 02:13:42 PM »

John Adams and John Hancock:
We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus! [April 18, 1775]

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2006, 02:15:13 PM »

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." --Patrick Henry, original member of the Continental Congress

Look at post, 315.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2006, 02:45:24 PM »

Patrick Henry

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »

"A great many people say
that if they keep the commandments
they do not need to be forgiven and saved through Christ.
But have you kept them?
I will admit
that if you perfectly keep the commandments,
you do not need to be saved by Christ;
but is there a man in the wide world
who can truly say that he has done this?
Young lady, can you say: '
I am ready to be weighed by the law.'?
Can you, young man?
Will you step into the scales and be weighed
one by one by the Ten Commandments?"

--D. L. Moody, from "The Ten Commandments"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »

HARVARD
The Founding Fathers placed a strong priority on higher education with the Bible as the cornerstone. On September 26, 1642 the guidelines that would govern Harvard University, our nation's first college, were established. They read, in part, "Let every student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life (John 17:3), and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom, as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and learning. And seeing the Lord only giveth wisdom, let every one seriously set himself by prayer in secret to seek it of him (Proverbs 2:3)." The motto of Harvard was Christi Gloriam (Christ be glorified) and the college was later dedicated Christo et Ecclesiae (for Christ and for the Church). The founders of Harvard believed that "All knowledge without Christ was vain."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2006, 05:54:06 PM »

John Quincy Adams:
• “Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Savior of the world, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day [the Fourth of July]?" “Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the Gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer's mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity"?
--1837, at the age of 69, when he delivered a Fourth of July speech at Newburyport, Massachusetts

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the