Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286969 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A Worthy Quote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 129 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Worthy Quote  (Read 258180 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2006, 07:35:42 AM »

"I have a dream that some day, every child will be conceived from an act of true love between parents who love each other, are married to each other, and eagerly welcome him. I have a dream that every child will spend his childhood with those parents who brought him into being. Parents see the value of the small society they have created between themselves and their children, and do everything humanly possible to sustain that society. I have a dream that children can be children, take joy in their childhood innocence, and not become sexualized before puberty... I have a dream that the market accommodates the needs of the family, rather than the family adapting itself to the needs of the market. We create an economy in which people are prepared to earn a living before the age of twenty-five or thirty. Young people graduate from college without crushing debt, and without the prospect of unmanageable housing costs and tax burdens. Families can support themselves on one income, at least for a while... I want us to...become what we should have been from the beginning." — Jennifer Roback Morse

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2006, 07:39:48 AM »

"Those who would trade our freedom for the soup kitchen of the welfare state have told us that they have a utopian solution of peace without victory. They call their policy 'accommodation.' And they say if we only avoid any direct confrontation with the enemy, he will forget his evil ways and learn to love us. All who oppose them are indicted as warmongers. They say we offer simple answers to complex problems. Well, perhaps there is a simple answer—not an easy one, but a simple one—if you and I have the courage to tell our elected officials that we want our national policy based upon what we know in our hearts is morally right... Every lesson in history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face." — Ronald Reagan

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2006, 08:13:38 AM »

ROFL!!!

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 26, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »

“No foreign power or combination of foreign powers could by force take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years.  At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected?  I answer, if it ever reach us it must spring up from among us, it cannot come from abroad.  If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.  As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die of suicide.”  Abraham Lincoln

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »

“The patriot who feels himself in the service of God, who acknowledges Him in all his ways, has the promise of Almighty direction, and will find His word in his greatest darkness, ‘a lantern to his feet and a lamp unto his path.’ He will therefore seek to establish for his country in the eyes of the world, such a character as shall make her not unworthy of the name of a Christian nation.” Francis Scott Key (1779-1843)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »

Have you ever realized that you can give things to God that are of value to Him? Or are you just sitting around daydreaming about the greatness of His redemption, while neglecting all the things you could be doing for Him? I'm not referring to works which could be regarded as divine and miraculous, but ordinary, simple human things - things which would be evidence to God that you are totally surrendered to Him. - Oswald Chambers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do little things as if they were great, because of the majesty of the Lord Jesus Christ who dwells in thee. - Blaise Pascal

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2006, 10:44:43 PM »

I pray Heaven bestow the best of blessings on this House and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men rule under this roof.
- John Adams 2nd President

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2006, 11:14:33 PM »

Spoken Introduction:
While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God bless America, land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with the light from above.

From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the ocean white with foam
God bless America,
My home sweet home. - Irving Berlin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2006, 05:33:45 AM »

Thinking about the jihad, that has been declared on Israel, and America.  Theres only one quote, I can think of right now. Course I have to censor two words.  But I think y'all know the word...................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Dummy ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the OTHER DUMMY DIE FOR HIS COUNTRY! - General George S. Patton

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2006, 09:27:07 PM »

We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts. -- A. W. Tozer

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: August 09, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »

Stay off the far left websites, they only make you look foolish. - Bill O'Reilly

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 12, 2006, 11:11:32 AM »

"As bats' eyes are to daylight so is our intellectual eye blind to those truths that are most obvious of all."

Aristotle

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2006, 11:16:29 AM »

Of all systems of morality, ancient or modern, which have come under my observation, none appear to be so pure as that of Jesus.  -- Thomas Jefferson, To William Canby, 1813

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: August 16, 2006, 11:19:14 AM »

I'm proud of our United States military. Many of you volunteered for service after September 11, 2001. You saw that our nation was attacked, and when the country called upon you, you said, let me serve, let me join in the fight to defeat the terrorists, so attacks like that will never occur on our soil again. And that's what you're doing here in Afghanistan. You're changing -- you're helping to change this part of the world, and change the world with your courage and your sacrifice. I assure you that this government of yours will not blink, we will not yield. We're on the right course, and the world is going to be a better place because of your service. -- George W. Bush

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: August 16, 2006, 11:22:13 AM »

Prayer is not the mystical experience of a few special people, but an aggressive act. . . an act that may be performed by anyone who will accept the challenge to learn to pray. -- Jack Hayford

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 129 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the